If the Board/Committee came out tomorrow and said Shaw/Rawlings are the changes, Would you be happy?

Would you be happy with Shaw + Rawlings?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You’d have to think if we go 3-1 in the next four (Saints, Bombers, Lions and Eagles) Shaw will be coaching next season. I’d hope it would be at North.

Voted yes, it would be sad to see him leave if we did get another senior coach.

He is ticking all the right boxes ATM.

He’ll take us to the premiership and you’ll still be asking is there fries with that. ;)

He's only coached four games.

If he takes us to finals this year I think that should be enough to get him the gig given how well we'll have to play but it'd be premature to go off now I reckon. I love the way he is coaching but lets set some standards and make people, even the coach, really earn whatever they get.

Voted yes, it would be sad to see him leave if we did get another senior coach.

He is ticking all the right boxes ATM.
Why would he leave? Unless he gets a senior role elsewhere then surely he stays on as the role he was initially hired for just 9 months ago.

Why would he leave? Unless he gets a senior role elsewhere then surely he stays on as the role he was initially hired for just 9 months ago.

Yeah that's what I meant, would hate to loose him he is doing a terrific job thus far.

The question is whats a pass mark for him to get the gig/job?

Caretaker is a little different to the permanent job, so a couple of great wins isn't enough yet, but the improvement we've seen in just over a month under Shaw has been phenomenal, along with positive changes to our whole style of play. Basically, Shaw couldn't have done much more to make his case up to this point, but I'd be disappointed if I thought we were jumping the gun, which appointing him as senior coach now would be. If we can keep putting up performances like last night, though, he'll be hard not to appoint...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait until the end of the year but I worry the longer we wait the more the Longmire talks increase and we could miss out on a gem right under our nose

Be smart with this North

Both guys would be new in their roles. Given the current scenario what about bringing in a guy like Roos on a two-year deal with Rhyce Shaw as his named successor?

Caretaker is a little different to the permanent job, so a couple of great wins isn't enough yet, but the improvement we've seen in just over a month under Shaw has been phenomenal, along with positive changes to our whole style of play. Basically, Shaw couldn't have done much more to make his case up to this point, but I'd be disappointed if I thought we were jumping the gun, which appointing him as senior coach now would be. If we can keep putting up performances like last night, though, he'll be hard not to appoint...

I agree with all of this - still think Shaw is in the seat for now and can only lock down on the role by winning more and more games. We would need to be a bit careful as well. If we win a hell of a lot more than we lose from here the players will be behind Shaw - for obvious reasons - players enjoy winning games and if they feel he is a big part of that happening it could be a touch dangerous messing with it.

He's only coached four games.

If he takes us to finals this year I think that should be enough to get him the gig given how well we'll have to play but it'd be premature to go off now I reckon. I love the way he is coaching but lets set some standards and make people, even the coach, really earn whatever they get.
Highly rated assistant the boys have responded too.
I’d save the couple of million for going after an established coach and give him any assistant he wants..

Highly rated assistant the boys have responded too.
I’d save the couple of million for going after an established coach and give him any assistant he wants..

Its looking good for him but as the post after yours states:

Need more data.

Need to complete the review.

Both guys would be new in their roles. Given the current scenario what about bringing in a guy like Roos on a two-year deal with Rhyce Shaw as his named successor?
Roos hates North with a passion. He nearly chokes whenever he begrudgingly has to say one word of praise. We don't need him near the place.

No way. Shaw is four games from unproven. It would be madness.

*If* he keeps it up and we can't land the big fish we are after, then two years for sure. With that approach we will know well before 2022 what our next step needs to be.

Back