If the Dee's cut their losses and traded Watts...Watts he worth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly I don't think Melbourne would trade him.

But if it were to occur I'd punt end of 2014 season would be the earliest point. By them he's around 24, the team has either improved enough to lift his performances or if not then you'd imagine a cleanout is on the cards.

So if it got to then and he's up for grabs I'll guess Dees would get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him. Would imagine he's best ending up at a club with a very tight structure (hello Sydney) where he has the stability and defined role to become a solid player within the boundaries given to him.

Again I don't think it'll come to that.

Dawes for Watts, are you kidding??? and I dont even rate Dawes that highly.
I reckon the Dees would actually jump at that.

Dawes has kicked 1 goal this season from five games. Thats in a side that's won three more games than Melbourne. It would take Dawes and a high draft pick to get Watts.

There has been no question mark over his workrate at all, why make things up? Are you trying to make your argument look better?

Mate, most of such claims about Watts are invariably made up.

Like the "He's shown NOTHING" bollocks that gets spewed out onto the main board, for example :rolleyes:

There is no real argument otherwise.

This thread gets points for humour, everyone is bagging him but have you noticed how they all want him in their team ;)

LOL yeah... "He's such a terrible player, of course, but would you please give him to us anyway?" :p

Dawes has kicked 1 goal this season from five games. Thats in a side that's won three more games than Melbourne. It would take Dawes and a high draft pick to get Watts.

This :thumbsu:

And even then, it still wouldn't happen - obviously the club isn't remotely entertaining any such trade anyway.

I would offer Richmond's 1st round pick say around pick 10 and probably something else.
Watts will be a star. He has too much agility and athleticism combined with good skills that will make him a very dangerous forward.

Is that you Terry Wallace???

Selling the Tigers future and paying over the odds again. When will they learn?

So many trolls on this thread, on maybe just stupid people.

Funny to see anyway.

Yeah, I suspect it's best not to even bother with logic in our responses at this point.

The trolls never bother, so why should we?

Yep. But that wouldn't be entertained by the club in any case.

As I say, clearly the trolls never bother with logic when it comes to Watts.

Surely nobody could be this stupid, unless they are trolling.

He is a spud and will go down as potentially the biggest draft blunder of all time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

83215814.jpg

He is a spud and yada yada yada...

Cool post, son.

Melbourn need to stay the course with Watts as Geelong have done with Hawkins that said Geelongs 2nd round choice and something else might get it done

Wouldnt make an offer, as he lacks heart and drive, and with a young list we can't afford players like that.

Apparently Mark Neeld agrees.

Various supporters are showing why the Melbourne club hasnt been feared since the mid-1950s.

Melbourne need to stay the course with Watts as Geelong have done with Hawkins

Far too much common sense in this post. Clearly not at all appropriate here.

Making s**t up and asserting outrageous claims that the author clearly doesn't even believe himself, however... :eek:

Case in point:

Wouldnt make an offer... heart and drive... young list... various supporters... Melbourne... 1950s

My arse.

Deck the halls. Trololololol.

Whats the point of trading one list clogger for another.

Even worse is that Watts is younger, so he'll be clogging up the list for much longer.

Reckon he's got a bit of talent, and could be good in a good team where he's picked to be a role player rather than the saviour.

Melbourn need to stay the course with Watts as Geelong have done with Hawkins that said Geelongs 2nd round choice and something else might get it done

Hawkins always had the body of a KPP gorilla though. You persist with guys like that for alot longer because you know you have a gun key forward in the making. It was always just a matter of Hawk gaining the experience and confidence to get the best out of his big frame.

Watts isn't quite like that. He may not ever be big and strong enough to hold down KP. You cut your losses alot quicker on a tall outside mid or flanker type (or "tagger"!) than on a potential hulking power forward.

Trouble is that Melbourne are too proud a Club to cut their losses.

Collingwood at least cut their losses some years ago with a first round dud in Billy Morrison and havent looked back since .

The first part of fixing a problem is admitting that you have one, Melbourne's drafting has been sub par these last few years. Although the defection of Scully for more coin was an unforseeable hick up, that you cant blame the Dee's for.

That aside I think Watts will get a couple more seasons before the option of trading him becomes a consideratios. Always more difficult making your mark as a youngster when you are playing in a poor performing team.

Trouble is that Melborne are too proud... Collingwood at least cut their losses some years ago with a first round dud in Billy Morrison... fixing a problem... drafting has been sub-par

Wow. Just wow.

This thread actually becomes more cringeworthy as it goes on.

I hope I never become this arrogant, to the point where I find myself pontificating so wildly about other clubs and their players, with sod-all substance behind the noise.

Shoot me in the head first. Twice.

Trouble is that Melborne are too proud a Club to cut their losses.

Collingwood at least cut their losses some years ago with a first round dud in Billy Morrison and havent looked back since .

The first part of fixing a problem is admitting that you have one, Melbourne's drafting has been sub par these last few years. Although the defection of Scully for more coin was an unforseeable hick up, that you cant blame the Dee's for.

That aside I think Watts will get a couple more seasons before the option of trading him becomes a consideratios. Always more difficult making your mark as a youngster when you are playing in a poor performing team.

Morrison was like Pick 18 odd and was no good. We held onto Fraser for a decade.:thumbsdown:

It's still to early to judge Watts. Most people take a while to develop in any trade or proffesion. That is why we have apprenticeships. It takes up to 5 years to really develop. Only the exceptional few play top footy from day 1. He needs a good summer or 2 in the Gym. As the team grows so will he.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back