If the Dees don't make the eight is it a failure?

Will it be a failure?

• Yes

Votes: 398 75.2%
  • No

Votes: 131 24.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate saying 'we should have won' a game when we lose because the best team usually wins but s**t we should have beaten you over there lol one of the most frustrating games I've ever watched

Looking forward to the rematch with Mitchell vs Lewis lol.

Melbourne are sort of like my second team I suppose, although I must admit it was a bit of schadenfreude when Neeld was in charge and I was still not entirely convinced by Roos. I hope Goodwin has a long reign there.

Looking forward to the rematch with Mitchell vs Lewis lol.

Melbourne are sort of like my second team I suppose, although I must admit it was a bit of schadenfreude when Neeld was in charge and I was still not entirely convinced by Roos. I hope Goodwin has a long reign there.

I wouldn't be confident of the same type of game, you guys couldnt have played much worse and we still couldn't win
That midfield with Mitchell now looks set to deliver you guys another top 4 as your forwards and backs are awesome

Haha try being a Dees supporter mate, Essensons team last year would have beaten Neelds team no doubt about it.
Roosy has been the catalyst of a change of culture at the club
Having someone like Jordan Lewis commit to us is because of what roos has done, not what goody might do. I'll be forever grateful to Roosy for rescuing a team I thought might not exist anymore at one point

The reliance on Gawn is unhealthy. I realise he is the best ruck in the comp, but we can't have Jack Watts alternating with him in the ruck. If Gawn went down we would be bottom 3. We need Spencer to be playing well in the VFL and to be ready to step in in an instant.

I think it's a failure if we don't play finals. We have a list that is now hitting their straps, under if you're not aiming for a flag you'd better not even turn up. How many years had Beverage coached the Bulldogs before playing finals? With the list we have, Goodwin needs to capitalise.

I also wouldn't worry about St Kilda, they finished 9th last year and whilst a lot of their senior players carry the load, their kids are fantastic. All things being equal with list development, I can see the Demons and Saints enjoying some serious rivalry over the years, and if anyone reads much into their loss yesterday, they'd be foolish.

I wouldn't be confident of the same type of game, you guys couldnt have played much worse and we still couldn't win
That midfield with Mitchell now looks set to deliver you guys another top 4 as your forwards and backs are awesome

Haha try being a Dees supporter mate, Essensons team last year would have beaten Neelds team no doubt about it.
Roosy has been the catalyst of a change of culture at the club
Having someone like Jordan Lewis commit to us is because of what roos has done, not what goody might do. I'll be forever grateful to Roosy for rescuing a team I thought might not exist anymore at one point
Spot on. Roos dragged us out of an abyss. If Goodwin is a half decent coach he will capitalise on our list, Roos did the hard yards.

Spot on. Roos dragged us out of an abyss. If Goodwin is a half decent coach he will capitalise on our list, Roos did the hard yards.

Can't help wondering what the past decade would've been like for Melbourne if Judd hadn't followed the Visy chequebook to Carlton. Melbourne would've been a much better fit, culturally. Perhaps even Scully would've stayed.

Can't help wondering what the past decade would've been like for Melbourne if Judd hadn't followed the Visy chequebook to Carlton. Melbourne would've been a much better fit, culturally. Perhaps even Scully would've stayed.

Well we would have probably played finals with Bailey in charge in 10/11
Players like Gysberts and Morton might have continued on their original promise and Jurrah and Wonna might have stayed
Could have done a Carlton and only been dragged to 5th on the ladder and wasted an Era
Who knows

Would've been the same as his time at Carlton, if not worse, in fact worse. The open admission from Brock McLean that he left because the club tanked? Not even Judd could've done anything to save our club from its lowest ebb.

The 08-13 Melbourne outfit was awful, absolutely awful, under Bailey we didn't improve, under Neeld we were just below AFL standard. And that isn't a joke.

Well we would have probably played finals with Bailey in charge in 10/11
Players like Gysberts and Morton might have continued on their original promise and Jurrah and Wonna might have stayed
Could have done a Carlton and only been dragged to 5th on the ladder and wasted an Era
Who knows
We wasted half an era. You can't be too critical of Carlton when we produced one of the lowest periods in our history, probably the lowest.

If Carlton get their act together, they can be on track for finals in 18 at earliest or 19. They showed a lot of promise last year.

Hmmmm, not sure if we are above them just yet.

You would think Rd 1 against GWS and then RD2 against Essendon would have been enough for a Dees supporter to not go off on one result but I guess not

Lost by 186 points to Geelong that year, Bailey sacked the week after. Why did we implode?

You tell me, something to do with Schwab but the reasons weren't really made clear. But implode they did. I think that's why many are wary of jumping on the Melbourne bandwagon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know who was your kryptonite? St. Kilda

You will be fine.
Carlton are a rabble. Anything but a big win will be disappointing

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

The only thing getting BTFO right now is my sides after reading all the comments of delusional Melbourne supporters.

There are plenty of factors that didn't go the saints way during that game. In fact St. Kilda should have creamed them by 10 goals, but I'm sure some "objective" Melbourne supporter will pop up on here to tell me otherwise.

St. Kilda will still finish far above Melbourne this year. Expect Melbourne to get a massive Reality Check against Carlton, while the Saints go on their way to a good win out West over the eagles.

The only thing getting BTFO right now is my sides after reading all the comments of delusional Melbourne supporters.

There are plenty of factors that didn't go the saints way during that game. In fact St. Kilda should have creamed them by 10 goals, but I'm sure some "objective" Melbourne supporter will pop up on here to tell me otherwise.

St. Kilda will still finish far above Melbourne this year. Expect Melbourne to get a massive Reality Check against Carlton, while the Saints go on their way to a good win out West over the eagles.

Wow.
Are you the most salty poster on bigfooty? Certainly top 5 but could easily be number 1.

Back