Opinion If the Premier of Victoria states that we can gather to protest, then why can't we gather to watch football?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not specifically calling Andrews a hypocrite (I think he bungled the message though) but more getting and understanding of the point of the thread.

I'm not the biggest fan of Andrews but think he's handled the crisis for the most part ok.

I don't recall the angst towards the 5G protesters, other than "look at those nutbags".

I'm all for criticising politicians providing it's consistent.
😂 but our brilliant utensil up federal leaders said during the 5g and anti vax nonsense that it was a “free country” then in response to the blacklivesmatter protest.. “we dont want mass gatherings and people should stay at home”

😂 but our brilliant utensil up federal leaders said during the 5g and anti vax nonsense that it was a “free country” then in response to the blacklivesmatter protest.. “we dont want mass gatherings and people should stay at home”

Yep. Seems like people are pick and choosing when to be outraged at the government.

Yep. Seems like people are pick and choosing when to be outraged at the government.

Funniest thing I find is the same people being impressed by the PM's leadership and outraged by the state Premier's dictatorship (and vice versa) when they are essentially both following the same policies.

But getting back to your confected outrage point, the other example of that is the political parasites who were demanding the economy be opened up a week ago are now demanding the protest organisers be fined or jailed. Not sure if they are advocating a covid fines based economic rebound but it's quite funny to watch them desperately seeking relevance.

Haven’t read past the OP - why don’t we don our club colours and protest the * out of the game in a fortnight’s time ? Kick it off half hour before match time . Best for dramatic impact is to protest inside the ground .

As it’s civil unrest bring an esky , that will really get em listening !

^^^^^

I think the question has to be asked: Have Robbo & Snake ever been seen in the same room together?

1) He's a scum supporter. Give yourself 12 uppercuts.
2) My turds have more sincerity than him.

1) He's a scum supporter. Give yourself 12 uppercuts.

Beetroot & Ricotta sounds pretty disgusting to me, so I'll take 4 each of the other 3 flavours:
1591522819116.png

Relativity of importance in the grand scheme of things.

You do realise that the % of indigenous deaths in custody as a % of prison population is the same if not less in recent years as non indigenous prisoners.

People believe the fake news and like sheep they protest without knowing a thing about the issue.

A 100% foolproof way of not dying in custody is to not commit a crime in the first place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You do realise that the % of indigenous deaths in custody as a % of prison population is the same if not less in recent years as non indigenous prisoners.

People believe the fake news and like sheep they protest without knowing a thing about the issue.

A 100% foolproof way of not dying in custody is to not commit a crime in the first place.

Do some homework before you post crap statements.

the only problem with that argument is that Aboriginal people are 15 times more likely to be in prison....and the cause of that overrepresentation is reasonably thought to be the legacy of government policy over many years to destroy Aboriginal family structures (ie the Stolen Generations), setting up a cycle of intergenerational institutionalisation

the only problem with that argument is that Aboriginal people are 15 times more likely to be in prison....and the cause of that overrepresentation is reasonably thought to be the legacy of government policy over many years to destroy Aboriginal family structures (ie the Stolen Generations), setting up a cycle of intergenerational institutionalisation

Yes and that is something that needs to be resolved - why are Indigenous Australians disproportionately on the wrong side of the criminal justice system and what can be done about it? Simply spouting the number of Aboriginal deaths in custody is unhelpful. And protesting that very point in the context of systemic police brutality and racism elsewhere does nothing to solve the problem either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's with the incarceration rate discrepancy then?

You cannot address the issue of aboriginals in custody without addressing aboriginal domestic violence.

For some reason the woke posse want to address one matter whilst completely ignoring the other. However, if pressed, they would probably blame white folks for that too. Especially white males.

The whole thing is a massive pile of bullshit largely facilitated by people who have no experience of incarceration OR domestic violence. Those well to do, arts degree wielding, taxpayer salary funded, inner city dwelling white w@nkers.

You cannot address the issue of aboriginals in custody without addressing aboriginal domestic violence.

For some reason the woke posse want to address one matter whilst completely ignoring the other. However, if pressed, they would probably blame white folks for that too. Especially white males.

The whole thing is a massive pile of bullshit largely facilitated by people who have no experience of incarceration OR domestic violence. Those well to do, arts degree wielding, taxpayer salary funded, inner city dwelling white w@nkers.
Lol
Wants to address d.v

Hates the huddle

Right on

Also I don't know what planet this guy is on (probably planet twitter), but there's been massive shifts to educate and eliminate domestic violence of all types in the last decade.

You well experienced with domestic violence are you.

Anyway as far as the original post goes...

Straight up outdoor mass gathering appear to be significantly less risky than semi outdoor ones like a footy match where people are herded or kettled thru structures like cattle. For example entering the stadium, using facilities like bathrooms or getting food and drinks. Often these places are indoors in the stadium too.

Also there's a lot more shouting at footy matches which means a lot more human caused aerosol in the local atmosphere.

So lots more potential for close contact and transmission via surfaces in the footy ground, as well as more shouting. Dunno how much that increases the risk of transmission over an outdoor March but it would be increased by some amount.

Funniest thing I find is the same people being impressed by the PM's leadership and outraged by the state Premier's dictatorship (and vice versa) when they are essentially both following the same policies.

But getting back to your confected outrage point, the other example of that is the political parasites who were demanding the economy be opened up a week ago are now demanding the protest organisers be fined or jailed. Not sure if they are advocating a covid fines based economic rebound but it's quite funny to watch them desperately seeking relevance.
It's deadset ideology masquerading as some earth shattering observation. They've been playing Covid-19 down for 4 weeks in their attempts to get everyone back to work so you'd reckon they'd be supporting mass gatherings.

You well experienced with domestic violence are you.

I have dealt with a few of the scumbags and I am aware of the level of disgrace in aboriginal culture. The first thing about dealing with aboriginals in custody is in keeping them out of custody in the first place. Stopping them beating women to a pulp women is a bloody good start.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back