Opinion If the Premier of Victoria states that we can gather to protest, then why can't we gather to watch football?

Remove this Banner Ad

Protesting can also be done from home though. People should stay home and post a black screen to their instagram page if they really want to make a difference.
I chuckled more than I should have.

Protesting can also be done from home though. People should stay home and post a black screen to their instagram page if they really want to make a difference.

We both know that Dan is rubber stamping this because these lemmings are the ones that keep him in power, but hey, let's have some footy then.

It's a very reasonable submission.

............and...........we're off and running...........

Yes because slacktivism has been proven to be by far the most effective way of bringing about social change. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes because slacktivism has been proven to be by far the most effective way of bringing about social change. :rolleyes:
Twitter, conventional media and social media has been effective for a few social causes over the year.

So just to be clear, these 30,000 people are gathering to protest racism, inequality, police brutality and deaths in custody in the USA, right? Any consideration for criticizing these sorts of things a little closer to home or is this exercise restricted to events in America?

Wow. More grandstanding bullshit. I am shocked indeed.

If football is fairly insignificant to you then go and march. I won't stop you. Just let the rest of us go to the footy.

Does mowing my lawn count as protest marching if I designate it a protest mow?

Does mowing my lawn count as protest marching if I designate it a protest mow?

Mow to your hearts content Jabba, just don't stop me enjoying the footy. :thumbsu:

Genuine question. Why not?
The Vic Premier is a dangerous , too far biased to one side, deal doing fool, who has signed up with the devil in the detail Belt and Road with China against the will of the Australian people, how can this idiot be allowed to make decisions letting protesters under COVID19 set up,to go on the street with 16,000 estimated going???? Andrews should be removed from office by the Governor of Victoria, he is treacherous and god knows what he has signed in secret that he won't say, the Feds should quash any chance this Belt and Road, thing has of getting up.
THIS PREMIER IS TREACHEROUS, HOW HE GOT BACK IN AMAZES ME, THE Vic opposition needs to lift its game. Fair dinkum ?

The Vic Premier is a dangerous , too far biased to one side, deal doing fool, who has signed up with the devil in the detail Belt and Road with China against the will of the Australian people, how can this idiot be allowed to make decisions letting protesters under COVID19 set up,to go on the street with 16,000 estimated going???? Andrews should be removed from office by the Governor of Victoria, he is treacherous and god knows what he has signed in secret that he won't say, the Feds should quash any chance this Belt and Road, thing has of getting up.
THIS PREMIER IS TREACHEROUS, HOW HE GOT BACK IN AMAZES ME, THE Vic opposition needs to lift its game. Fair dinkum ?

Snake found a friend. Good for him.

So let me get this straight.

We are allowed gather in masses to protest not being able to attend the footy.

But we’re not allowed to gather in masses to actually watch the footy.

Sounds as illogical as the golf ban during ISO.

A month ago you were virtually called a murderer by Andrews if you went out in the middle of the bay on your own to fish...yet tomorrow all he can say to an organised mass gathering is a limp ”you shouldn’t really go....”
I 100% believe in what the protest is about and would probably go in normal circumstances but there are hundreds of thousands of people in Victoria whose livelihoods have been dramatically impacted over the past 3 months and have made great sacrifices in order to avoid the predicted health crisis which didn’t materialise because WE DID THE RIGHT THING. What a ******* waste of time the last 3 months would have been if in a few weeks time cases increase again and we’re back to Dan’s schoolyard lectures about “staying home, staying safe, no you can’t visit your dying mum, playing golf will kill people” etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back