If the USA attacks Syria, Syria will attack Jordan & Israel, Iran will attack Saudi Arabia and. ....

Remove this Banner Ad

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/u-s-admits-funding-syrian-opposition-1.987112
cue Bamford 's Blowback

Manning Assange cablegate

Canuck Broadcasting Corp maher arar
Posted: Apr 18, 2011
The U.S. State Department acknowledged Monday it has been funding opponents of Syrian President Bashar Assad, following the release of secret diplomatic cables obtained by WikiLeaks that document the funding.
The files show that up to $6.3 million US was funnelled to the Movement for Justice and Development, a London-based dissident organization that operates the Barada TV satellite channel, which broadcasts anti-government news into Syria. Another $6 million went to support a variety of initiatives, including training for journalists and activists, between 2006 and 2010.
Asked point-blank by reporters whether the United States is funding Syrian opposition groups, State Department spokesman Mark Toner told a news conference Monday, "We are — we're working with a variety of civil society actors in Syria with the goal here of strengthening freedom of expression."
However, an April 2009 diplomatic cable from the U.S. mission in Damascus recognizes the risky optics of the funding.
"Some programs may be perceived, were they made public, as an attempt to undermine the Assad regime.… The Syrian Arab Republic government would undoubtedly view any U.S. funds going to illegal political groups as tantamount to supporting regime change."

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
in seriousness. cops and the minute men on the border with mexico, already using drones

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-...raordinary-circumstance-and-drones-coming-you

In response to Rand Paul's letter asking whether "the President has the power to authorize lethal force, such as a drone strike, against a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil, and without trial," we now have an answer. Attorney General Holder responds, in a word "Yes." Of course, it is caveated with 'extraordinary circumstances' and 'necessity' but as Mike Krieger so subtly summarizes: "the military can assassinate U.S. citizens on U.S. soil."

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-...raordinary-circumstance-and-drones-coming-you

In response to Rand Paul's letter asking whether "the President has the power to authorize lethal force, such as a drone strike, against a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil, and without trial," we now have an answer. Attorney General Holder responds, in a word "Yes." Of course, it is caveated with 'extraordinary circumstances' and 'necessity' but as Mike Krieger so subtly summarizes: "the military can assassinate U.S. citizens on U.S. soil."

they already arrested some guy in georgia or virginia with a drone. lemme google
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...-arrested-using-predator-drone_n_1477549.html

north dakota

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Petrol will be very expensive. It could also be a great opportunity for North Korea to attack South Korea arms and China to attack Taiwan. Should be a lot easier to do this if the US starts a war in the Middle East and is tied down therefrom.

Thoughts???

If the US attacks Syria, then it flows on and on and everyone attacks everyone , I can't see the point , I can't see a winner . Why play the game at all. Anyway Syria may be just about out of rocks to throw.
Then the Isrealis will nuke ewveryone in the ME. Is the world that crazy. Don't think so , the next one really will be the last one.

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
i underrated Obama, seems he put this to bed. And I overrate Aipacs ability to get a vote in congress. If there were not the overwhelming public opinion, I assume Obama let the vote go to the hill.

So, i think at the moment, the stalemate of low intensity internecine conflict over the next half a dozen years. how long was the civil conflict in lebanon? over a decade i think. this could be on the cards, when the wahhabi sunnis from Saud have their nose in it, and those militants left over from conflicts across the ME gravitate to syria

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
i underrated Obama, seems he put this to bed. And I overrate Aipacs ability to get a vote in congress. If there were not the overwhelming public opinion, I assume Obama let the vote go to the hill.

Obama double bluffed AIPAC ... yeah, he says, Congress already hates me, but I still rolled them on Obamacare and the government shutdown. Come and have a go if you want over Syria. The US people have already made up their mind on Syria and won't buy AIPAC bullshit about Assad as the new Hitler etc.

Israel's problem is that the prevailing view of middle America omn the Middle East now is "They are al savages, let them each other not our boys".

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Israel's problem is that the prevailing view of middle America omn the Middle East now is "They are al savages, let them each other not our boys".
and they have been so successful with their various PACs and the overt emapthy pieces in the papers of record, their hubris has got the better of them, and they overplayed their hand. a little like james hird

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
China and North Korea aren't going to do ****.

It's not in China's best interest at this stage. China is controlled by very rational people.

Yes very rational people who murder their own by the thousands, and right out where the world can see it.

And by the people who are supposed to protect them THE PEOPLES liberation army ha ha ha ha !

They free their own people from life itself in China, by the bullet and tank!
Its 30 years ago , and never forget it!!!!!!
That's why whether they be rational and nice and business like , they are a regime of murderers, but they don't see it,
very dangerous .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back