Prediction If we don't land a Kelly or Martin type...

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We are in for a long period (3-5 years) down the bottom end of the ladder. A big re-build is looking for this list. Going to be very interesting as to how this year plays out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would you like coaching the kangas? Availability? Crockery?
Depends on the Budget and Presentations. Looking at the Assistants at clubs atm. Guys like Camporeale,Dew,Ratten,Blakey would be on the shortlist.

My biggest query is the lack of development of the young guys that are currently on our list.

Other than Dumont, Turner, McDonald we haven't really seen any sort of consistency
It's a worry. However I like the looks of Mountford,Hibberd,Hrovat,Vicker-Willis,Simpkin

It's a worry. However I like the looks of Mountford,Hibberd,Hrovat,Vicker-Willis,Simpkin
Its a start! Mountford was very good tonight, showed great signs, fitness has improved tenfold sonce round 1!, hibberd showed genuine signs.. evw has the gift of a solid HB, games into these fellas is the key

Its a start! Mountford was very good tonight, showed great signs, fitness has improved tenfold sonce round 1!, hibberd showed genuine signs.. evw has the gift of a solid HB, games into these fellas is the key
Exactly.

I like them all along with Pruess, Brown and Durdin.

However none of them look like genuine A-Graders. Simpkin might have it but I don't see it as a genuine midfielder.

Most of the guys mentioned are a long way off top level AFL football. (2-3 preseasons + 50 games) by the time they are ready to contend our core (Ziebell, Cunners, Taz ect) are probably going to be on the decline.

We need to development and find some genuine footballers fast.

However none of them look like genuine A-Graders. Simpkin might have it but I don't see it as a genuine midfielder.

Most of the guys mentioned are a long way off top level AFL football. (2-3 preseasons + 50 games) by the time they are ready to contend our core (Ziebell, Cunners, Taz ect) are probably going to be on the decline.

I Think McDonald,EVW,Preuss are potential A+ Graders. EVW was very good after his first few games.

The core is young enough! The tiny dancer isnt the in and under, however will go harder than most! Not the key ball user we are looking for, hence the go at a kelly type.. a "quarterback" is what we need.. endeavour isnt, we'll win the ball its the disposal forward of centre we break down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back