Opinion If we were to make this years Grand Final, who would be the preferred opposition?

Remove this Banner Ad

KERRPOW

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 28, 2008
in a town near you
AFL Club
West Coast
I read an SEN article stating that nick rievolt has tipped GWS to win the flag. Basing his opinion that they have this newfound determination and hard edge. I instantly thought that the Eagles have no fears playing GWS and have the edge over them, id be confident of victory over them in grand final especially at a neutral ground.

Of the 3 fancies (apart from WCE) in Richmond, Collingwood, GWS - all 3 teams i think we have worked out a way to beat them.

I think the lions are the smokies to play in a GF - i think we can account for them.

That leaves me with geelong, the team that has benifited the most from the rulw changes - i think at the MCG, we even have them covered.

Basically we just have to finish top 2 and if we dont take the foot of the pedal or get conplacent, i think we are a good chance to go back to back

As hard as it may seem I wouldn’t mind Geelong. Take them away from the hovel that is KP and I’d like to think we’d have their measure.

Also wouldn’t mind breaking Collingwoods hearts again

Or perhaps a 53+ point shellacking of the Giants

Collingwood or gws

Geelong have our measure i think - last year they were coasting to a win against us when injuries cost them.

Collingwood would have some pretty serious demons lurking against us - id be licking my lips at the thought if another granny against them

A concerted internet campaign we can call the eddie mcguire karma curse - he gleefully had a big hand in signing up the mcg for another 50 years = the footy gods condemning collingwood to lose all grand finals against interstate sides till the 50 years is up.

Fun for all the family!!

Gws - like us in 2015 i think will be deer in the headlights

geelong would give me sheer satisfaction if we beat them in a gf i would jizz for days and then hunt every cat supporter that wrote dribble on the main board about wce from 2007 and fling it onto em hard

otherwise i would def prefer GWS and then collingwood

Collingwood. We match up on them well and Nathan Buckley's rigid with his ideas.

We beat them in Melbourne last year, then here in the QF, then in the GF, and then again this year in Melbourne.

Not sure about Geelong. We don't seem to match up as well against them. They tend to move the ball quickly and not kick high to McGovern which is rude of them.

GWS could get stage fright but they are also scary good when they are on. They are the most likely to get a hold of us.

Richmond I'll wait and see how we go against them at the MCG in the H&A season first. They're inconsistent but will have Riewoldt, Martin, Cotchin + Lynch by finals. They don't need Rance a much as they think they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood. We match up on them well and Nathan Buckley's rigid with his ideas.

We beat them in Melbourne last year, then here in the QF, then in the GF, and then again this year in Melbourne.

Not sure about Geelong. We don't seem to match up as well against them. They tend to move the ball quickly and not kick high to McGovern which is rude of them.

GWS could get stage fright but they are also scary good when they are on. They are the most likely to get a hold of us.

Richmond I'll wait and see how we go against them at the MCG in the H&A season first. They're inconsistent but will have Riewoldt, Martin, Cotchin + Lynch by finals. They don't need Rance a much as they think they do.
On a serious note though - its because they predominately have gablett deliver i50 - and hes a laser guided kick with the ability to stretch time to make sure he delivers correctly.

If we can get him quiet im quite certain the rest of them will remember their manners.

Get shep to wear him like a cheap suit

Is it about time for a Western Derby GF.? Victoria would love that and probably dent the idea that no one would turn up. It would be a sellout. Lovely stuff, there would be crying in the streets.

If we get there I'd back us against anyone.

But of the top tier (GWS, Collingwood, Richmond and Geelong) I'd prefer GWS because it means we won't be playing in the home state of our opponent where they get the majority of crowd support. Every little edge helps.

Of the second tier (Freo, Port, Adelaide, Brisbane) I think we match up best with Adelaide, but they'd have the experience of being there before. The others would be more nervous.

GWS as they dont play the ground that well and making the grand final with big crowd might be too overwhelming for them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back