If West Coast played Melbourne, Collingwood or Richmond in the Grand Final, who wins?

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast will pulverise Melbourne in my view
And 60 40 favourites against Richmond, that short kick game dismantled them and got them shook

Forget the game u won in Perth, on the G its a whole new world. Adelaide thought the same last year killed us at AO by 76 points but then grand final day well u know the story, tiges won by 48 points.

We haven’t beaten Hawthorn at the G since 2006 (10 point win in our Premiership year)
Our record against Collingwood at the G is even worse (haven’t beaten them there since 1995)

Our recent record against Richmond at the G is respectable
(10 point loss in 2017, 20
point win in 2015)

2015 lol

ask your coach if he'd prefer to play us at the 'g in a final

Forget the game u won in Perth, on the G its a whole new world. Adelaide thought the same last year killed us at AO by 76 points but then grand final day well u know the story, tiges won by 48 points.
I can envisage Tigers finishing first and Eagles second, with WC thrashing Melbourne in Perth in the qualifying final who come 3rd. Then you guys beat Sydney at the G.
Then we play Sydney in Perth while tigers have a harder showdown against Melbourne. With Melbourne winning

I don't think West Coast or Sydney are the types of interstate clubs that Melbourne would beat in a Grand Final. I could see them doing the manifest destiny thing against a number of other clubs, but I don't like that head to head based upon the last 20-30 years. Just can't picture it against those clubs.

I think Richmond will go back to back in a close contest with Sydney, 3 goal win.

I suspect Melbourne needs to face a lower side like a Geelong, North etc. in order to win the Grand Final in 2018.

West Coast, Sydney and Melbourne are clubs I've always loved, so a combo of those 3 would do me mighty fine.

Geelong and Sydney have been thereabouts for several years now that I fear for them mentally if they come up agonisingly short again.

I can envisage Tigers finishing first and Eagles second, with WC thrashing Melbourne in Perth in the qualifying final who come 3rd. Then you guys beat Sydney at the G.
Then we play Sydney in Perth while tigers have a harder showdown against Melbourne. With Melbourne winning
lol, delusional

I don't think West Coast or Sydney are the types of interstate clubs that Melbourne would beat in a Grand Final. I could see them doing the manifest destiny thing against a number of other clubs, but I don't like that head to head based upon the last 20-30 years. Just can't picture it against those clubs.

I think Richmond will go back to back in a close contest with Sydney, 3 goal win.

I suspect Melbourne needs to face a lower side like a Geelong, North etc. in order to win the Grand Final in 2018.

West Coast, Sydney and Melbourne are clubs I've always loved, so a combo of those 3 would do me mighty fine.

Geelong and Sydney have been thereabouts for several years now that I fear for them mentally if they come up agonisingly short again.
eagles are a better chance to make the gf than sydney this year

great insight
You know all these threads about West Coast are not started by Eagles fans. Whats going on? Haha dont know what happens if we play at the MCG on current form i would say Richmond. Who knows lets get there first

While the Eagles individual games don't look impressive, the 10-1 record does.

The key thing is they can make the most of the game played on their terms, home or away. They are legit.
What impressed me is their ability to win ugly and on the road. The wins against the Hawks was in my view their most impressive as the Hawks were up for the fight. A long way to go for us any talks of Grand Finals now is ludicrous

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is way too simplistic.

Melbourne have been rubbish for over a decade and even in the Daniher years we were really never close to a flag (despite playing off in 2000). Daniher got the most out of deficient sides.

The current Melbourne list is the best I've seen in my time following Melbourne and it has key statistics that denounce your theory. They're the no. 1 contested team in the AFL, no. 1 inside 50's, no. 1 time in forward half, and no. 1 in other categories, including scoring. And in the last 3 weeks teams have scored 50, 55, and 51 points against us. They play a brand of football made for finals.

We may not be good enough to win this year, especially without Lever, but it won't be for the reasons you mention.

This is way too simplistic.

Melbourne have been rubbish for over a decade and even in the Daniher years we were really never close to a flag (despite playing off in 2000). Daniher got the most out of deficient sides.

The current Melbourne list is the best I've seen in my time following Melbourne and it has key statistics that denounce your theory. They're the no. 1 contested team in the AFL, no. 1 inside 50's, no. 1 time in forward half, and no. 1 in other categories, including scoring. And in the last 3 weeks teams have scored 50, 55, and 51 points against us. They play a brand of football made for finals.

We may not be good enough to win this year, especially without Lever, but it won't be for the reasons you mention.
I think you are taking my personal instinct too seriously. It's just that, an instinct based over a few decades observation. I'm not trying to persuade anyone, your denouncing of my 'theory' is pointless. I certainly think they have the form to take it to anyone and win the flag, I'm just expressing an opinion.

I think you are taking my personal instinct too seriously. It's just that, an instinct based over a few decades observation. I'm not trying to persuade anyone, your denouncing of my 'theory' is pointless. I certainly think they have the form to take it to anyone and win the flag, I'm just expressing an opinion.
Oh, the old "gut feel".

Rock solid.

Amazing how so many tigers fans who spend the entire offseason arguing that the gf being played at the mcg was no benefit to richmond can turn around and argue the exact opposite when it suits them.

Didnt Richmond run all over the Dees when they played them this year?

Amazing how so many tigers fans who spend the entire offseason arguing that the gf being played at the mcg was no benefit to richmond can turn around and argue the exact opposite when it suits them.
Im not sure that was ever the argument. Lol.

Also I do find it amazing that you think the entire Richmond fanbase is one hive mind where everyone has the same thoughts. Can you invision the fact that some Richmond fans have 1 opinion and others have a different one?
Unless the guy youre replying to is the one that said it, thats a useless point.

VICs hate West Coast that's what
Damn someone forgot to give me the memo, here I've been a Vic that seriously rates West Coast.

Never fear I have the memo now, I will proceed to spend the rest of the year hating West Coast.

And then you woke up and realised it was all a dream and the Tigers won the flag :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back