If West Coast win the 2019 premiership are they superior to Brisbane 2001-2003 and Hawthorn 2013-2015?

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Now let me start this by saying IF West Coast win the flag this year then this question should be asked.

West Coast don't have either salary cap concessions like Brisbane 01-03 and the home ground factor Hawthorn had in 13-15.

If West Coast were to win the flag this year should they be rated ahead of Brisbane 01-03 and Hawthorn 13-15?

Obviously in isolation, but when factor in hga for Hawthorn and salary cap for Brisbane.......
Still no. If HGA was all that mattered Pies would have beat the Lions twice, bombers would have gone B2B, Hawks would have won 4in a row instead of losing 2012 to Sydney.

Home teams would always win finals etc etc.

Lions might have had some concessions when they won but they still had to win the games, other clubs have had concessions and never tasted success during that period.

WC did all right with their early concessions, do you discount Or devalue your 92 and 94 flags because you had an advantage over most teams at the time with your list?

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Still no. If HGA was all that mattered Pies would have beat the Lions twice, bombers would have gone B2B, Hawks would have won 4in a row instead of losing 2012 to Sydney.

Home teams would always win finals etc etc.

Lions might have had some concessions when they won but they still had to win the games, other clubs have had concessions and never tasted success during that period.

WC did all right with their early concessions, do you discount Or devalue your 92 and 94 flags because you had an advantage over most teams at the time with your list?
Nobody ever compares WC 92 and 94 vs any other team, but if they did that would be negative that effects the 92 and 94 flag teams

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cringe @ eagles supporter going the verrrrry early crow.

Lets worry about making top 4 first champ and then making the big dance.

This is the type of thread you start after the fact. Not round 20.
As I wrote numerous times in the OP......if

Aug 31, 2011
Bris
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
images.jpeg-2.jpg

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Now let me start this by saying IF West Coast win the flag this year then this question should be asked.

West Coast don't have either salary cap concessions like Brisbane 01-03 and the home ground factor Hawthorn had in 13-15.

If West Coast were to win the flag this year should they be rated ahead of Brisbane 01-03 and Hawthorn 13-15?
If Richmond win this year and the next two years they'll be better than all of them, in the past 50 years.

MCG is Richmond's home ground the same as Hawthorn's
Didn't stop you beating the Pies, so I guess it only matters if you lose right, couldn't just be that you were beaten by a better team on the day?

Back