If West Coast win the 2019 premiership are they superior to Brisbane 2001-2003 and Hawthorn 2013-2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly, an actual three peat beats a hypothetical b2b all day everday forever and ever. Honestly just lol.

Secondly, an eagles fan suggesting brisbane and hawks 3peat is somehow less than an imaginary 2peat because of hga and salary cap.
West coke along side geelong have had the biggest hga of all time. Should be playing 10 pin on their bowling alley fields not football.

Egirls 06 premiership has the biggest asterix of all time next to it. Literally half their team went to rehab in the off season after the gf they were so methed up.

Even last years premiership was an absolute Bradbury.

Richmond face planted against a team that had 1 win for the season against top 8 teams and it took egirls til the last 30 seconds to over run them.

Drops mike

On POT-LX1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Shouldn’t have picked up the mic in the first place if all you wanted to do was let everyone know how salty you are that your team epically choked last year to a team nobody thought would even make finals.

Haha and how exactly is it weaker then it was??? Have you got any stats or anything to back up statement??
Coz if you look at it over the last 4 or so years the competition has been more even and difficult to win then I have ever seen.

The top teams now would be absolutely trounced by Sydney of 2014, Geelong of 2013 and Collingwood of 2011.

Never mind the legendary Geelong, Hawthorn and Brisbane sides. The competition is weaker as the best teams are weaker in comparison to the best teams of the past, but it has made for a more even competition though.

I know what you mean though, I guess we were both using the word competition in relation to different things.

by the numbers no as 2 is less than three, however with how close the comp has been over the last four seasons and if they manage to go back to back then they would be worthy of being in the discussion.

by the numbers no as 2 is less than three, however with how close the comp has been over the last four seasons and if they manage to go back to back then they would be worthy of being in the discussion.
When they win 3 flags they'll be worthy of being in the discussion. Not even close to Lions Hawks or Cats of years past (I was trolling Geelong earlier). Would get belted by all three teams.

I didn't see the Eagles of the 90s but this is definitely the best WC team I've seen. Better forward and back lines than 06, the midfield is not as good as 06 but still very strong. Super team

When they win 3 flags they'll be worthy of being in the discussion. Not even close to Lions Hawks or Cats of years past (I was trolling Geelong earlier). Would get belted by all three teams.

The comp was not as close 01-03 and 13-15 as it is now. I still think that Brisbane and Hawthorn are still out in front even if WC manage to win it again this season, but if they do they are in the discussion (still not coming out on top in the discussion , just in the discussion)

Is this thread serious??? WC are a great team and my tip for the flag this year but No.1 they haven't won it yet an 2 back to back is a long way from a 3 peat.

The top teams now would be absolutely trounced by Sydney of 2014, Geelong of 2013 and Collingwood of 2011.

Never mind the legendary Geelong, Hawthorn and Brisbane sides. The competition is weaker as the best teams are weaker in comparison to the best teams of the past, but it has made for a more even competition though.

I know what you mean though, I guess we were both using the word competition in relation to different things.
And on what basis do you get your fact that they would flog the top teams this year??? What makes the team of say Collingwood 2011 so good?? Maybe that year everyone else was just really s**t aswell?

The op and his post liking compatriot don't seem to be posting here anymore. I'd thought they'd be too stupid to get embarrassed. Surprisingly not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s like playing poker and someone asks “is a double better than a triple?”

Everyone around the table starts shaking their heads.

"But my pair is hearts and you've only got three of clubs!"

Last edited:
if a team won 2 in a row would they go past two teams that won 3 in a row?

and this is 6 pages...

Is this thread serious??? WC are a great team and my tip for the flag this year but No.1 they haven't won it yet an 2 back to back is a long way from a 3 peat.
Perhaps think a little bit.

Lions were gifted a premiership side.

Hawks were a Melbourne based side.

If Eagles win this weekend they will have the longest MCG winning streak of an inter state in history.

To go back 2 back as an interstate side in September, with a team with zero concessions is a mighty effort. And to likely do it against 2 Vic sides with MCG as their homegrounds.

They weren't better side than Brisbane since they didnt have the concessions and likely no side will ever be gifted that again.

Last edited:

The thread isnt asking who is the best team but who has the better premiership.

If Eagles win this weekend they will have the longest MCG winning streak of an inter state in history.

To go back 2 back as an interstate side in September, with a team with zero concessions is a mighty effort. And to likely do it against 2 Vic sides with MCG as their homegrounds.
West Coast wouldn't even be a premiership side if the umpires hadn't missed the blatant free kick to Collingwood that ended up being WC winning goal.

However you can't compare the dominance of the Bris and Hawks teams over a longer period to the current WC side which is good but enjoyed a run of home finals to get to the big day and wasn't really a standout team over the year. If they win this year and next and make the gf the year after then they can.be part of the discussion.

If you want to talk gifting premierships, does that mean we can discount the 92 and 94 premierships or the drug assisted 06 one?

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

They weren't better side than Brisbane since they didnt have the concessions and likely no side will ever be gifted that again.

well I guess if you make up your own qualifiers you can make any side greater than another

but your basically talking out your arse re the Lions and Hawks

well I guess if you make up your own qualifiers you can make any side greater than another

but your basically talking out your arse re the Lions and Hawks

Lions were gifted a premiership side. Hawks home ground is the G. Pretty much common ******* knowledge mate. Name one thing I just said that isnt true?

Ill wait.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back