If West Coast win the 2019 premiership are they superior to Brisbane 2001-2003 and Hawthorn 2013-2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast wouldn't even be a premiership side if the umpires hadn't missed the blatant free kick to Collingwood that ended up being WC winning goal.

However you can't compare the dominance of the Bris and Hawks teams over a longer period to the current WC side which is good but enjoyed a run of home finals to get to the big day and wasn't really a standout team over the year. If they win this year and next and make the gf the year after then they can.be part of the discussion.

If you want to talk gifting premierships, does that mean we can discount the 92 and 94 premierships or the drug assisted 06 one?

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why would you discount 92 and 94? When did I say to discount Lions flags? In the Eagles terms, our 2018 flag is better than our 92 and 94 flags because of the few concessions we got.

And recreational drug use off the field doesnt taint a flag. Do you even know how prevalent it is off the field? Or do you just believe what you want to believe?

Bad calls happen 50 times a game. Only an absolute dh would say WC werent worthy champions.

Last edited:
Fortunately WCE and Freo have no other club able to draft WA talent.

Imagine if any of the other 16 teams were able to have WA players on their list.

Such a mythical system could see them having Duncan, Taylor, Clark, Kelly, Menegola and Narkle in one team.

So how many clubs can chase Tim Kelly's services if he decides to return home?

So how many clubs can chase Tim Kelly's services if he decides to return home?

That is not what you were talking about.
You said we only have to fight Freo for WA players.

Kelly is on Geelong's list - so proof that WA teams don't have exclusive use of WA draftees despite your claim.

Last edited:
Always an Eagles supporter somewhere saying something stupid which they think is legit... thank you for bringing laughter to our world

You know there's something I don't get, if it's such a huge advantage for Vic teams to play at the MCG, half the time we play other Vic teams there in finals anyway, has any non Vic team ever even played a final against a team from their own state? Should we be discounting their road to the finals? That's as absurd as saying a 3 peat isn't as good as a back to back, because that's saying your team has never played a fair finals match.

Now let me start this by saying IF West Coast win the flag this year then this question should be asked.

West Coast don't have either salary cap concessions like Brisbane 01-03 and the home ground factor Hawthorn had in 13-15.

If West Coast were to win the flag this year should they be rated ahead of Brisbane 01-03 and Hawthorn 13-15?

Absolutely. I've already conceded they are the greatest team of all time.

It’s actually amazing how many football supporters underestimate how hard it is to win a flag, let alone back to back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No B2B unless NicNat returning sparks a ridiculous form turnaround. Haven't beaten 3 of the top 5 sitting 5th, not good enough. Flat as pancakes last night but losing to Collingwood and Richmond sunk the battleship. Not much between the top 5 but will need to beat Essendon (+/-60 result the way they play) then 3 in a row on the road.

No B2B unless NicNat returning sparks a ridiculous form turnaround. Haven't beaten 3 of the top 5 sitting 5th, not good enough. Flat as pancakes last night but losing to Collingwood and Richmond sunk the battleship. Not much between the top 5 but will need to beat Essendon (+/-60 result the way they play) then 3 in a row on the road.

Personally, I feel like West Coast was at the end of their premiership window last year. Last year had to be the year they got it, because a lot of their key players are getting older, and they don't really have up and coming superstars.. no really low draft picks or big names traded in for a while.

Hard to see where your team goes from here. I think you have the best backline in the comp. Your forwards are dangerous, but JK is getting older and slower, Darling is just too hot and cold... and i see Darling as one of those guys that cannot be a number 1 forward. I don't think he could consistently take the pressure of a teams best full back on him. When Kennedy retires, you will need another big marking forward up there. Your ruck obviously has holes without Nic Nat and Lycett, and your midfield.. there is just something about it that lacks class. They are hard nosed, but you don't really have a burst away with speed type like the Cousins/Judd days. Maybe Tim Kelly will give you that extra bit if you can get him.

Why would you discount 92 and 94? When did I say to discount Lions flags? In the Eagles terms, our 2018 flag is better than our 92 and 94 flags because of the few concessions we got.

And recreational drug use off the field doesnt taint a flag. Do you even know how prevalent it is off the field? Or do you just believe what you want to believe?

Bad calls happen 50 times a game. Only an absolute dh would say WC werent worthy champions.

Yeah it's pretty tedious to hear.

Also, Sheed kicked with 2 minutes left. Not like he kicked after the siren. We were peppering the goals. Could still have easily won. That's the problem with close ones, always someone saying 'we should've won it...' due to one umpiring call. You could point to many calls that went either way.

Actually feel if we do win from 5th it may be one of the less amazing/impressive wins from 5th, as we were 2nd much of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back