If you could choose where in Australia to live based on COVID response, where would it be?

If you could wake up tomorrow in any state or territory, which would it be?

• ACT

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • NSW

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • NT

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • QLD

• SA

• TAS

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • VIC

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • WA

Votes: 27 40.3%

• Total voters

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just thought it would be interesting to see the views of the Bigfooty members regarding state-by-state COVID response.

So, if you could choose where in Australia to live based on COVID response, where would it be? For me, NSW and Victoria would be right at the bottom of the list.

Sqotty from office works

Premium Platinum
Jul 24, 2021
Mclean
AFL Club
Carlton
Just thought it would be interesting to see the views of the Bigfooty members regarding state-by-state COVID response.

So, if you could choose where in Australia to live based on COVID response, where would it be? For me, NSW and Victoria would be right at the bottom of the list.
Gotta be Northern NSW.
Weather perfect.
Great beaches n swimming.
Great bowls greens.
A population that ignores Mainstrean news outlets.
The fact that tourists can't reach there.

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Gotta be Northern NSW.
Weather perfect.
Great beaches n swimming.
Great bowls greens.
A population that ignores Mainstrean news outlets.
The fact that tourists can't reach there.
And they are in lockdown - not ideal.

Sunshine Coast QLD might be a better bet. Margaret River WA would be nice . Excellent white wines as well.

Nov 17, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday
Somewhat difficult to answer - two states now have had a huge amount thrown at them, and every element of their government's response under the microscope. Others haven't had to do much - so who knows how they'd fare in a widespread outbreak (this partially correlates to population size rather than necessarily indicating good management.)

From what I've seen, SA would be my pick though.

Sqotty from office works

Premium Platinum
Jul 24, 2021
Mclean
AFL Club
Carlton
So the place with the worst vaccination rates in the australia.

not the place i would be choosing going foward.
There's only two words that have every vowel in order and one of them is.
Facetious.

I just left Southwest rocks and they had no disease and no intruders.
Heaven actually.

HurleyHepsHird

Ghost Stories for the End of the World
Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
Still Vic.

Victoria and NSW are racing to get vaccinated.

It's going to be a bumpy ride for both states, but I feel like both will get to enjoy being major cities with a high rate of vaccinations and open borders between each other and internationally maybe faster than others.

Last edited:

Blue Arrow

Club Legend
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Renegades, Vics
Still Vic.

Victoria and NSW are racing to get vaccinated.

It's going to be a bumpy ride for both states, but I feel like both will get to enjoy being major cities with a high rate of vaccinations and open borders between each other and internationally maybe faster than others.

Are you a funeral director?

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Wow they'll be a month or two ahead of other states after 4 months of lockdown. How exciting
Not if other states are going to count kids under 10 in their numbers. They will be 9 plus months behind.

plus i think you are dramatically underestimating vaccine hesitancy in states without covid. We are going to struggle to get to 70 percent

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not if other states are going to count kids under 10 in their numbers. They will be 9 plus months behind.

plus i think you are dramatically underestimating vaccine hesitancy in states without covid. We are going to struggle to get to 70 percent
Most people haven't actually suggested this. Anyway doesn't really bother me if I can't go overseas for a few months here and there. If I was choosing somewhere to live I'd rather just enjoy my daily life. If I can't travel for 21 months rather than 18, not really a huge deal

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
497259FC-7417-4884-B6BD-03618A5D832F.jpeg
Those cavemen from WA have it pretty sweet
Ugg look wot we ‘vented

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong

Agree.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
COVID wouldn't make a big difference for me except for in the case of Victoria.

South Coast of NSW.
Sunshine Coast /Cairns, QLD
Busselton / Albany, WA (I really like Esperance too but it's just too isolated)
Adelaide, SA
South West Victoria, somewhere within 20 to 30 minutes of say Warrnambool or in Warrnambool itself.

My wife would definitely have the same first two but probably go for the QLD warmth first. Maybe move to Sunnie Coast in the lead up to the Olympics.

Back