If you could get rid of one rule what would it be and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

I would love to see a trail in the or season games of removing the point posts ....

I think I goal kicking would dramatically improve if you did that

We are one of the few games which rewards points for missed shots .....

Contact below the knees is the single worst rule I’ve ever seen introduced.

In the majority of cases, it punishes the player going for the ball.

I would love to see a trail in the or season games of removing the point posts ....

Yah nah. Go watch soccer if you're one of those people who makes those comments...

"Daaah... they give you a point for tryyying...doooiig!!"

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If it’s a genuine one on one in a forward 50, let the players wrestle. Only play a free kick if it’s high. That way we got no more of those “gee there was not a lot in it” free kicks

no

If it’s a genuine one on one in a forward 50, let the players wrestle. Only play a free kick if it’s high. That way we got no more of those “gee there was not a lot in it” free kicks

I say no

The forward is trying to get the ball to score a goal ....the defender is trying to stop the forward

Below the knees, literally had one injury from it and have changed the game completely since. Guy puts his head over the ball wins the hard stuff and gets penalised if he grazes a guys shin. Disgrace

Reversal of the ruck rules brought in over the past couple of years (no third man up, nomination)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get rid of the goal review - goal umpire calls as he sees it.
3rd umpire watches cams closely to detect any obvious howlers and lets the field ump know.

Hell no. Love goal review. So many dodgy calls overturned as is, why would you want to see a team win/lose unfairly? We've got the technology to make it fairer, so why the hell WOULDN'T we use it?

Unpopular idea maybe, but perhaps the ability for a team to challenge a free kick that goes against them if they think they've been genuinely hard done by/it's unfair. A bit like say tennis, but for more than whether the ball landed in or out. Say one player gets tackled and awarded a free for a high tackle, but they obviously ducked/shrugged. The opposition can challenge, and then it's video-reviewed. Perhaps they'll have the technology one day to allow a sampling of the crowd drawn evenly from supporters of both as to what their call is Who Wants to Be a Millionaire style lol. Allow each team to have one challenge per quarter. Could make it interesting lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back