If you could have any player based on club needs, who would it be?

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If it were for the right now, Grundy or Gawn. English has potential but from time to time we get cleaned up in the ruck, and especially by Grundy. That won’t change till English matures physically.

Free Agent

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Prob the player I'd take is Chris Mayne because we need a team mascot like him. His tears are a reminder of our Premierships. Good to have for our team morale.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
We need a pressure forward to keep the ball inside attacking 50.

Tippa would compliment our tall forwards perfectly and form a deadly combo with Luke Breust. This is a left field option but absolutely our biggest need.

A classy midfield type like a Josh Kelly or Jack Macrae would make us far more potent as well.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I remember watching that draft live and thinking it was a miracle no one was taking Grundy in the teens, absolute robbery at 18.
I wanted Grundy at the time, we picked Vlastuin. For a few years after, I still did.

We were deficient in the ruck for a while and arguably still are, but we've been able to work around it. Vlastuin on the other hand has been critical to the defensive unit that won 2 flags, so in hindsight I'm glad it panned out as it did. Im not sure an elite ruckman would be as important to us now as Vlas.

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Prob the player I'd take is Chris Mayne because we need a team mascot like him. His tears are a reminder of our Premierships. Good to have for our team morale.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I get you’re taking the piss but Chris Mayne is one of the best blokes in footy and has played in two more grand finals than you have.
Didn’t you guys finish 6th last year? Surely there’s a player you genuinely think could improve your side... Someone who can win contested ground balls maybe?

Port Adelaide -

Priority 1 a KPF - dixon needs to be 100% fit to have an impact and marshall is looking like westhoff mk 2. Georgi looks good but is likely to develop into a second or third tall rather than number one KPF.

Priority 2 a Midfield - boak is still our best midfielder. This rings alarm bells when an ageing player with poor disposal is your number 1. We have rozee who will be a champion player if his development continues but a partner in crime would be nice.

oh and a quality coach would be another priority

Choogler

Senior List
Nov 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
For Eagles it has always been a match winning goal kicking midfielder missing the past 10 years - Kelly may be that, but if he's not someone like Martin or Dangerfield
Chris Lewis
I was thinking about what each club needs and am interested to hear which player fans would love to have at their club. As a Pies fan, our midfield and ruck department is fine, but I'd love to have a Jeremy McGovern or Jeremy Cameron who are great KPP but have years left in them. I decided to have a crack at every club but am interested to hear your thoughts. There will be lots of players repeated. Often I will pick players like H. Andrews and J. Cameron not because I think they're the best at their position, but because they have youth on their side. I didnt think long and hard but these were just the players that came to mind first,

Adelaide - I chose Jeremy Cameron - they need a great CHF who is relatively young for their rebuild and develop alongside Fogarty.
Brisbane - Hipwood has never done it for me but I think he will eventually develop but McStay doesnt strike me as a long-term KPF - I'd say Cameron again.
Carlton - their backline is thinner than Michael long in '93 so I think McGovern or Harris Andrews suits them. Anything but Liam Jones lol. Grundy/Gawn fixes their ruck issue.
Collingwood - McGovern or J Cameron
Essendon - Daniher will leave. Jeremy Cameron fits here, but so does Andrews and McGovern after Hooker/Hurley retire. I think another great mid would be handy.
Fremantle - could choose anyone basically but they have some good young talent up forward and back - well stocked for talls. I'd say Josh Kelly - complements Fyfe well.
Geelong - half their team is about to retire but Brodie Grundy would certainly solve their ruck issue
Gold Coast - jesus where do i start. Ruck and tall forwards are fine for future. Any elite midfielder under 24 would work for them. Take your pick
GWS - only deficiency will be a KP defender when Davis retires so Harris Andrews
Hawthorn - not in desperate need of anyone but Harris Andrews would be a good replacement for Frawley. Darcy Moore could play forward or back for them and be a bonus.
Melbourne - Sam Weideman is a spud and Tom McDonald's middle name is inconsistency. Jeremy Cameron.
North Melbourne - Tarrant is great but who knows with Majak, Thompson just retired. McGovern would fit well.
Port Adelaide - KPP and rucks well stocked. Andrew Gaff would complement inside mids like Boak and Wines
Richmond - only deficiency is midfield - need another outside mid. Kelly or Gaff perhaps.
St.Kilda - someone with pace in the midfield, Adam Treloar.
Sydney - Joe Daniher?
West Coast - I actually dont even know. Their list is insane lol
Western Bulldogs - I like their list. Some speed in the midfield would help so maybe Treloar again.
You don't say current players so for West Coast I'd go back to the past and nominate Peter Matera or Chris Lewis as genuine goalkicking mid-fielders. Lewis would be sensational in today's anti-vilification environment because that was the only way they could stop him back in the day.

Choogler

Senior List
Nov 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I hate it when my club picks ruckman in the first round. Even a second round pick irritates me.

I would love Grundy at my club but i would hate that a ruckman is our highest paid player.

Bad ruckman sometimes lose finals. Great ruckman don't win them.
Look at what Ottens used to provide Geelong with in finals and always remember how Keating would set the tone for Brisbane

Choogler

Senior List
Nov 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
For Hawthorn, many of our leaders are retiring in a few years. It's why Coniglio would've been such a boon for our club. I'm still going to say Coniglio ;)
A lot just don't realise how good Coniglio is. He is a genuine superstar, a real leader, tough as nails, runs both ways (unlike a lot of the top mid-fielders), can play inside or outside roles or do a stopping job AND regularly kicks goals, what more could you ask. Would have liked to see him come home to West Coast but if that couldn't happen im just glad he resigned with GWS because it meant he didn't go to a Vic based club:tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

Choogler

Senior List
Nov 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Dusty hands down

midfielder that rotates forward perfect for cv us
agree with the midfielder/forward bit but as good as Dusty is, I like mid-fielders that work hard defensively that's why I would have loved to see Coniglio come home. He's a leader, tough as nails, works hard both ways, can tag, and is a regular goalkicker

Back