if you could make a new team what would it be?

Remove this Banner Ad

XsaintsfanzX

Team Captain
Jul 3, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm and Melbourne Stars
If you could choose what would be? This would be mine
State: tasmania
Name: tasmanian thunder
Colours: black, grey and white

yeah true. couldnt find any other names.

A Tasmanian team would only be called the Tasmanian Devils, and it would wear dark green...any marketing research and any survey done of the fans would end up with this combo...

Works for me. The Devils in the footy and the Tigers in the cricket - the two state icons in the only two sports that matter...

A Tasmanian team would only be called the Tasmanian Devils, and it would wear dark green...any marketing research and any survey done of the fans would end up with this combo...

Works for me. The Devils in the footy and the Tigers in the cricket - the two state icons in the only two sports that matter...
I agree with this logic, however devils is a bit close to demons without the proper context.

I agree with this logic, however devils is a bit close to demons without the proper context.

Well Magpies, Hawks, Eagles, Crows are all birds but that doesnt seem to bother anyone. Maybe we can be the Sarcophilus Harrrissi, thats its real name. :p
The jumper can be dark green with a white yoke & bright red blood colour poured over it. Now that would be distinctive!

Name: Cairns Cavaliers
Colours: Blue and white

Anybody who would confuse the Melbourne Demons with the Tasmanian Devils is either an idiot, or a foreigner with no knowledge of Warner Brothers...can't vouch for the first one, but the second one hopefully rules out most of the world's population...

Interestingly, there are some proposed teams in the NRL with similarly contextual identities...the Perth consortium wants to call itself the West Coast Pirates, and the Brisbane group want to call themselves the Brisbane Bombers and operate out of Lang Park with the Broncos...both teams are officially registered, and have websites...the Eagles haven't said a word about this, but Essendon has naturally had a grizzle...!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody who would confuse the Melbourne Demons with the Tasmanian Devils is either an idiot, or a foreigner with no knowledge of Warner Brothers...can't vouch for the first one, but the second one hopefully rules out most of the world's population...
Warner who?

Name: Cairns Cavaliers
Colours: Blue and white

Cyclones, Marlins, Bluefins, Reeftips, Divers, Daintrees, Canecutters.

Though i'd love a team in Cairns, i think Tassie has to be next and then a Kiwi team after that.
Maybe Norf can move North to cairns?

Cyclones, Marlins, Bluefins, Reeftips, Divers, Daintrees, Canecutters.

Though i'd love a team in Cairns, i think Tassie has to be next and then a Kiwi team after that.
Maybe Norf can move North to cairns?
I agree, I would like to see a Tassie team before Cairns/North Queensland as well. This thread already had plenty of Tasmania teams so I thought I'd go with another possible team.

263px-West_Perth_Falcons_Jumper_svg.png
West Perth Football Club - Trading as the Joondalup Falcons.
Nickname: Falcons
Colours: Red and Blue
Est: 1885
Premierships: (18 total) 1897, 1899, 1901, 1905, 1932, 1934, 1935, 1941, 1942,[4] 1949, 1951, 1960, 1969, 1971, 1975, 1995, 1999, 2003

North Queensland is probably likely. I'd like to see them in a green, bottle green, and white jumper. I dunno, maybe with a chevron or something. I'd call them the North Queensland Storm. All but two games in Townsville, the others shared between Cairns and Mackay.

North Queensland is probably likely. I'd like to see them in a green, bottle green, and white jumper. I dunno, maybe with a chevron or something. I'd call them the North Queensland Storm. All but two games in Townsville, the others shared between Cairns and Mackay.
Maybe a better idea to use a name other than "Storm".

Sorry this would never happen, Townsville has the NRL Cowboys and the only people that follow Aussie Rules there are the Defence Personnel that are there, and a few locals, Mackay is similar.
Cairns is the only solid location, you wouldn't want a newly formed team being transient it defeats the purpose of locating the team there in the first place. Maybe pre-season games or one a year tops.

The colours would have to reflect the Barrier Reef and Cape trib so i do see light green as one of them colours.

View attachment 4375
West Perth Football Club - Trading as the Joondalup Falcons.
Nickname: Falcons
Colours: Red and Blue
Est: 1885
Premierships: (18 total) 1897, 1899, 1901, 1905, 1932, 1934, 1935, 1941, 1942,[4] 1949, 1951, 1960, 1969, 1971, 1975, 1995, 1999, 2003

Though i think you have a nice idea and your club is a good one with a great history, do we really want the baggage and the ups and downs that come with bringing a club in exsistence already into the AFL?

See Port Adelaide.

I do agree we need another Footy Club from Perth in the aFL to cash in on the over abundance of WCE members who can not get tickets.

Though i think you have a nice idea and your club is a good one with a great history, do we really want the baggage and the ups and downs that come with bringing a club in exsistence already into the AFL?

See Port Adelaide.

I do agree we need another Footy Club from Perth in the aFL to cash in on the over abundance of WCE members who can not get tickets.

I've only been over that way once, but it seems that the whole south west of WA is a huge growth corridor. Reckon that a South West Sharks team could be viable in the future? Split their home games between Bunbury and Perth in a similar fashion to how Geelong does?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back