Opinion If you could pick one, which ex-Pie would you welcome back?

If you could pick just one, which ex-Pie would you welcome back?

• Nicola Stevens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alicia Eva

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Emma King

• Jasmine Garner

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Jess Duffin

• Christina Bernadi

• Moana Hope

• Total voters
May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
In our AFLW early years we lost a lot of our best players. This was caused by a combo of the expansion team rules and a dysfunctional footy program which made player retention difficult. If you could pick just one of the ex-Pies to return to the current line-up, who would you pick? And why?

Poll added (options: Nicola Stevens, Alicia Eva, Emma King, Jasmine Garner, Jess Duffin, Christina Bernadi, Moana Hope)

Happy to add others if I missed any of note.

Last edited:
Good thread idea. Amazing what difference a year makes as these departures don't seem to be as significant.

Defence
Nicola Stevens (26 yrs) - our backline looks settled, no

Ruck
Emma King (25 yrs) - Layton is improving as a ruck, while King can play forward she's not overly mobile, no

Forwards
Jess Duffin (30 yrs) - no
Christina Bernadi (29 yrs) - one good season with us and quieter with GWS in 2019, no
Moana Hope (32 yrs) - delisted by North due to defensive efforts not being a strength, no
Jasmine Garner (25 yrs) - better fit in terms of age profile than Duffin or Bernadi and is playing good footy this year

Mid
Alicia Eva (28 yrs) - would nicely compliment our existing mids in an outside/wing role similar to how Chiocci is being used this year.

While our biggest need looks to be a marking forward would the addition of one player (Garner would be my pick) make us too predictable? Would we return to simply bombing it long? With that unknown I'd lean towards Eva who would add significant quality and leadership to our side while fitting neatly into our existing structures and game plan.

Alicia Eva. She’s a smart footballer and will have a long career post playing. A good one to have around the club and to develop accordingly.

Jazzie Garner. I sponsored her in 2018, and felt her loss badly. Would fit well into our current team, although we are pretty strong and it’s hard to break in.

Back