If you got the chance to pick an AFL club to play for (other than the one you support), who would it be and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Who the fu** would wanna play for GWS or GC? Elite level AFL and only 50 blokes know who I am.

Richmond/Collingwood/WC all the way for me. fu** taking the pressure off I wanna play infront of packed stadiums every chance.

Bestbird

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
I would even be torn picking my own team as a career with all those 4 hour plane flights to the East coast would be a pain.

Either Brisbane for the climate or a big Victorian team to play in games with big crowds

Farang83150

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
Probably the Pies (equal 2nd fav team alongside the Hawks), biggest club & fan base in Victoria, also could continually remind Maynard of his poor defending in the 2018 granny.

Upgrayedd

A Vote for Clive is a Vote for Justice
Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Fremantle/West Coast/GC and Tasmania if they ever get up

Would hate living in NSW again, getting anywhere is stuffed, I know when people say "oh but you have the money" it's still stuck in traffic for 30m to get to anywhere you want to go.

Freo/WCE obvious, Able to head down to Dunsborough every few weeks still, Great beaches, Surrounded by friends/family. Travel would be horrible but I mean your being paid 200k+. having to take a 8 hour round trip to play 2 hours of footy in 48 hours if every second week.

GC because of the beaches, Tasmania because its a nice chill state

Freomaniac

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Brisbane Lions
Be honest, you want to work in the WWE back in 1996-7 and see him Cornette and Vince Russo go at each other's throats. LoL.

While you are at it, you can witness Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels go at each other's throats in the locker room on a daily basis too!

Sunny days indeed ;)

ImissFrosty

I miss frostball :(
Mar 4, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hawthorn for me, incredibly successful and well run. If anybody managed to carve out a decent career at Hawthorn, there's a fair chance you win a flag. Plus Frosty's there. North too, reckon it'd be great having all your nans bingo mates cheer you on and have your badge on their scarf.

juss

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
My preference would be based on lifestyle, I'd either want to stay home in VIC and lottery one of the Hawthorn or Geelong types, good clubs, good history, strong performers, or head up to QLD for the great weather and relaxed vibes of Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad