If you had to live the rest of your life in another country, where would you choose.

Remove this Banner Ad

TheSunGod

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Given the recent law changes for Cannabis and the fact it’s my wife’s home, Thailand without a doubt.

demondavey

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's gonna be -20C here in eastern europe shortly lol trust me, you don't want!

I try to spend most of my winter in southern Spain or Portgual/Italy/Greece, where it's atleast bearable.
Mate, you’re living! How long you been overseas?

Total Power

Hall of Famer
Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
Not returning?
Nope, just much better here IMO with so many different places right next door, i can drive anywhere in Europe/Tukey CIS region so easily. Plus the tax bracket i am in, suits me too. I lived in Sweden for a few years as my wife is Swedish, paid 60%+ in taxes. Never again. The only thing i miss about Australia is the footy and the cricket.

Either way, where do you plan to live?

demondavey

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nope, just much better here IMO with so many different places right next door, i can drive anywhere in Europe/Tukey CIS region so easily. Plus the tax bracket i am in, suits me too. I lived in Sweden for a few years as my wife is Swedish, paid 60%+ in taxes. Never again. The only thing i miss about Australia is the footy and the cricket.

Either way, where do you plan to live?
I guess I’ll be staying here. Wife is European funnily enough but been here for a long time. Could definitely move if the right environment eventuates. In the extreme cold, what do you wear day today day?

Total Power

Hall of Famer
Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
I guess I’ll be staying here. Wife is European funnily enough but been here for a long time. Could definitely move if the right environment eventuates. In the extreme cold, what do you wear day today day?
I am used to it, a few layers and Jack Wolfskin or Napapjiri jackets does the trick for me. The problem is the bloody face. When it's -15 and windy , then **** me. It burns your face, lips, nose everything. So masks for the last couple of years, werent the worst thing lol in winter.

Indoors we have heating, it's comfortable.

The Dice Man

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
I am used to it, a few layers and Jack Wolfskin or Napapjiri jackets does the trick for me. The problem is the bloody face. When it's -15 and windy , then **** me. It burns your face, lips, nose everything. So masks for the last couple of years, werent the worst thing lol in winter.

Indoors we have heating, it's comfortable.
I miss summer Christmas and the beaches, that's about it. Oh a good bakery pie too.

Total Power

Hall of Famer
Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
I miss summer Christmas and the beaches, that's about it. Oh a good bakery pie too.
I really do not miss summer Christmas, ever since i have seen Christmas in winter it's very romantic and very scenic and if it snows it's even better. Exploring the markets in Budapest, Berlin, Bruge , Brussels, Prague etc, with some warm wine, you just get that vibe i have seen in the movies growing up! Santa in a singlet never really appealed to me lol.

Catfish Alley

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2007
Vancouver
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oilers
+1 for Christmas in winter.

Going back to Australia would be easiest I'd think. Don't see it happening though. Been here over a dozen years and pretty happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

andana

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thailand, Vietnam Highlands, Cambodia, Madagascar, Chile, The True North ( not in winter )

Remove this Banner Ad