If you had to live the rest of your life in another country, where would you choose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can I just have my own country?
Give me a tropical island... I will call it Scottland.
Give me a few inhabitants of the island. 2 to be my wives, 2 Concubines, some 'help', a gardener and a farmer.
I will need access to the internet and Kayo sports so i can still watch footy, cricket and golf.

We can live there, grow our own food and animals, eat them, and given its a tropical island can walk around in the nude all the time!

Can I just have my own country?
Give me a tropical island... I will call it Scottland.
Give me a few inhabitants of the island. 2 to be my wives, 2 Concubines, some 'help', a gardener and a farmer.
I will need access to the internet and Kayo sports so i can still watch footy, cricket and golf.

We can live there, grow our own food and animals, eat them, and given its a tropical island can walk around in the nude all the time!

Wipers!

If I didn't have to worry about money - Boise, Idaho
If I didn't face a language barrier - Yekaterinburg, Russia or Lviv, Ukraine
If I had to do everything the hard way - Las Vegas, Nevada

I love Yekaterinburg but the winters would get to me after a while.

I'm seriously considering retiring to Bulgaria. Cheap as chips and you have Greece right next door. Plus they offer a retirement visa so it doesn't involve jumping through a series of hoops to get there. Somewhere like Sunny Beach.

See the source image

Having travelled the world for a whole year last year (and plenty of o/s trips before that) and based on places I've been New Zealand wins easily.

I love the outdoors so most of my choices are influenced by the natural delights.

If money was no object and I was able to travel endlessly
Jan-Feb New Zealand
Mar Spain
Apr UK
May France
June Norway
July Sweden or Finland
Aug Iceland
Sep USA - New England
Oct USA - Utah
Nov USA - California
Dec Maldives (Botswana might be another option but I haven't been to Southern Africa yet)

If you're still rich but looking to economise a bit.
Jan-Feb New Zealand
Mar Kazakhstan
Apr Morocco
May-Sept Take your pick of Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Estonia, Latvia, Greece depending on your interests (Eastern Europe is way cheaper than northern and western parts)
Oct Caribbean Islands
Nov Argentina
Dec Chile

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan-Feb New Zealand
Mar Kazakhstan
Apr Morocco
May-Sept Take your pick of Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Estonia, Latvia, Greece depending on your interests (Eastern Europe is way cheaper than northern and western parts)
Oct Caribbean Islands
Nov Argentina
Dec Chile
Maybe in reverse

Winter > Summer :p

I lived in Sweden and Switzerland for 13 years. I would live in neither. Horrible weather and food. No thanks. Switzerland is just a police state, i got fined 3 times for dumping organic waste in the wrong garbage bag (yellow bag) in the canton or Aargau. When you buy the waste bags, you need your ID card, so that they can track you...go figure. o_O .While this is different from Canton to canton, its more or less the same everywhere.

I wouldn't mind living in China, my company headquarter been just moved there and we have factories there. Life is good, specially in Southern China (Shenzen), which is now full of Europeans and Americans all of a sudden.
Sweden is the worst country I’ve been to.

Also, the women aren’t hot.

Green Bay... Why? because i'd be able to support my NFL team plus have a great life.

Lets change the middle one to Vienna, Austria.

Not sure I want to live in Russia or Ukraine right now.....

Having travelled the world for a whole year last year (and plenty of o/s trips before that) and based on places I've been New Zealand wins easily.

I love the outdoors so most of my choices are influenced by the natural delights.

If money was no object and I was able to travel endlessly
Jan-Feb New Zealand
Mar Spain
Apr UK
May France
June Norway
July Sweden or Finland
Aug Iceland
Sep USA - New England
Oct USA - Utah
Nov USA - California
Dec Maldives (Botswana might be another option but I haven't been to Southern Africa yet)

If you're still rich but looking to economise a bit.
Jan-Feb New Zealand
Mar Kazakhstan
Apr Morocco
Oct Caribbean Islands
Nov Argentina
Dec Chile
Why new england in september? Autumn fall is in ocotober.

Why new england in september? Autumn fall is in ocotober.
Yes you are correct. I had New England and Utah the wrong way around. I don't ski so Utah is getting pretty cold by October. Sept is great for Utah/Arizona etc if you want to visit places like Arches, Bryce, Zion, Grand Canyon etc. Avoids peak tourist season but the weather is pretty good.

Yes you are correct. I had New England and Utah the wrong way around. I don't ski so Utah is getting pretty cold by October. Sept is great for Utah/Arizona etc if you want to visit places like Arches, Bryce, Zion, Grand Canyon etc. Avoids peak tourist season but the weather is pretty good.
yep september or late may for utah/arizona.

Total power complains that switzerland is a police state but then wants to go live in China. I lose faith in humanity when i hear such irrational stupidity.
Not stupid, you know in China what to do and what not to do, don't get involved in politics and you are in fine. You can pay off police officers if they catch you for speeding and you will be fine. I have paid thousands and thousands of Francs in penalities and fines just cause i dumped a garbage in the wrong coloured bag, for speeding a couple of kms above speed limit, for not buying the weekend nightly surcharge on a train (500 chf fine for a surcharge of 5 CHF!!!!!), stopped at an airport like a criminal cause i missed a bill 6 months ago for a Swisscom contract worth a whopping CHF 40. The Gemeninde issued me a fine for 2x the due plus 500 CHF administrative costs. LOL! etc etc. Try living a few years in Switzerland and tell me how it's fair?

On the other hand i have enjoyed living in China, never been in trouble, never had any incident with any authorities. To each their own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back