If you have personalised number plates you represent everything that is wrong with society

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a w***er parent at my kids school who had a really low number [in the teens] apparently it cost him a 10k+ - madness, pure madness

There was a w***er parent at my kids school who had a really low number [in the teens] apparently it cost him a 10k+ - madness, pure madness

Late last month, 13 Victorian low-number plates were sold at Shannons Late Summer Auction in Melbourne, with the lowest of the three-digit plates – "230" – selling for an astonishing $135,000. That's $45,000 above the higher estimate. This was the top-selling lot, fetching more than classic cars like a 1971 Jaguar E-Type, which sold for $90,000.

Total sales of all plates were $555,000 (all prices including buyers' premiums). Four and five-digit plates also performed well. "3.309" sold for $35,000, "22.228" sold for $15,500.

The thread title is pretty self explanatory - in 99.98% of cases, personalised number plates are abysmally bad. The remainder reach the dizzying heights of 'barely acceptable'.

J4S0N6
RUP4IT
HYPNTC

What the hell were you thinking?
Still haven't gotten over Jason Akermanis ?

I like them, if they are done right. It can look very aesthetic. The number plates starting with 1 don’t look very good.

The thread title is pretty self explanatory - in 99.98% of cases, personalised number plates are abysmally bad. The remainder reach the dizzying heights of 'barely acceptable'.

J4S0N6
RUP4IT
HYPNTC

What the hell were you thinking?
The worst ones are esoteric

I also despise the ones that are simply there to grab attention for the car that they drive as if everyone gives a s**t about them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back