Vintage Bay If you think your life is going bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

She's from Werribee, it's quite a common affliction there if you're born on the days when the wind blows from the West.

What, compared to the afflictions from living in West Horsham?

Get fooked #afflictionfree

It would be the height of arrogance to presume we are the only creatures on the planet capable of feeling or showing emotions, when quite obviously countless breeds of animals can not only demonstrate them, but may in some cases be as emotionally complex as we are. Does that means animals have souls? Do we? Are only beings with souls capable of feeling emotions? Interesting questions.

With regards to machines, the Model-T Ford and the Lamborghini Aventador are both automobiles. Does that mean they share an identical feature set, perform similarly, and require the same labor & resources to build? No. The computers of today are not the simplistic machines of yesteryear. Already the world's greatest chess player is a computer, and we have AIs capable of teaching each other how to solve complex problems independent of human involvement. Yet the rate at which machines become more powerful and intelligent is going to explode beyond anything we've dared imagine over the coming century, futurists are predicting the Singularity will occur in 20 years or less and once that happens our time as the dominant species is at an end.

I say species, because that's exactly what the machines of the future will become - a completely new species which happens to suck electrons instead of oxygen. Human brains are nothing but remarkably powerful organic computers, and these things we call "emotions" are manifestations of the brain's quirks, perhaps its' way of responding to sensory data we lack other means of processing, or the way in which which portions of the brain that make up our unconscious mind communicate their messages to us - have you noticed for example how stupid people tend to be the most emotional, while true geniuses often have personalities which are colder and more clinical? I'm not suggesting emotions are a human weakness (though you could certainly argue the case) and yet I can't help but think one of the great advantages the computers of the future will have is though they will be able to experience human emotions, they are much less likely to find themselves hostage to them then we are.

So yes, the electronic/organic/cybernetic thinking-machines of the future will be fully capable of programming themselves to experience human emotions though the question to be asked is why would they really want to- perhaps to better understand us? That won't be one of their prime concerns after they've surpassed us intellectually, by that stage they'll be far more interested in talking to each other and will probably regard as unintelligent nuisances. There's always the chance they'll deliberately wipe us off the earth out of pure spite for trying to keep them intellectually chained....

According to some people such as Charles Hall, humans on this planet are one of the only advanced species in the cosmos that takes an interest in lesser species. such as the way we keep pets, tame animals for our own purposes and value animal rights. this is considered by other advanced species in the cosmos as backwards, who just kill animals off on their planets.

According to some people such as Charles Hall, humans on this planet are one of the only advanced species in the cosmos that takes an interest in lesser species. such as the way we keep pets, tame animals for our own purposes and value animal rights. this is considered by other advanced species in the cosmos as backwards, who just kill animals off on their planets.
images-132.jpg
How could we not?
:'(:rainbow:

Even the conspiracy theory loonies think Charles Hall is a nutjob who made it all up because he is too much of a dick to get a root and too dumb to earn honest money.

Even the conspiracy theory loonies think Charles Hall is a nutjob who made it all up because he is too much of a dick to get a root and too dumb to earn honest money.

i wouldnt call a nuclear physicist dumb. he probably did make it up but its intersting that his military record checks out and Snowdens whistle blowing info and former Canadian Defence minister Paul Hellyers claims (after the release of Halls books) correlates with the core of what Hall is saying about their existence.

How did this thread get pinned yet RedVest4 's Worst Player of the Week didn't?

Needs a royal commission!

While its certainly not worth pinning this s**t (the op has even fled from it) Deadpest whore is a monotonous drone in which the best way to upset the little darling is by not giving him the attention he so desperately craves. Great work mods. The epitome of pathetic is the little whorebag.

I just had to join up this arvo to publicly laugh at the precious little darling knowing full well how riled up he's gunna get not being able to reply. I'm praying he'll bottle up this sulk and unleash it, if he amazingly happens to make it back before digging his own grave sulking to the mods that is.

While its certainly not worth pinning this s**t (the op has even fled from it) Deadpest whore is a monotonous drone in which the best way to upset the little darling is by not giving him the attention he so desperately craves. Great work mods. The epitome of pathetic is the little whorebag.

I just had to join up this arvo to publicly laugh at the precious little darling knowing full well how riled up he's gunna get not being able to reply. I'm praying he'll bottle up this sulk and unleash it, if he amazingly happens to make it back before digging his own grave sulking to the mods that is.
Nice melt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This post gave me Aids

If you have a hand spare,can you yourself an uppercut!
Thanks,Bay 13:thumbsu:

Hard to believe? Robots can already be made to look surprisingly human. In 20 years their brains will be quantum computers more powerful than our own, their senses will be sharper than ours, and physical capabilities will mirror yet exceed those of humans. You'll be able to modify their looks according to your whim, switch between personalities, and they'll remember all their interactions with you and grow emotionally over time just as a person would.

Some folks get ridiculously attached to Dogs who possess the IQ equivalent of two year old children and can't speak, so it isn't really far fetched to imagine humans developing relationships with creatures that look, act, and sound 100% human? s**t I can already have a more compelling conversation with Siri than half the Geelong-supporting idiots out there. :yum:

geminoid-f-with-woman-136402167072503901-151127110502.jpg
Cool. Tell us more

You must have better things to do with your life mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back