Tex_21

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 4, 2008
Die Kaffeeklatsch
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Landsborough
Just one day. You get to assume the body/mind/gut of Demetriou, at the end of the day you revert to your own body. What do you do?

Me, I'd shoot Anderson, then myself.

Murraj1966

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just one day. You get to assume the body/mind/gut of Demetriou, at the end of the day you revert to your own body. What do you do?

Me, I'd shoot Anderson, then myself.

Same.

Just after changing the rules to just before hands in the back came in. And turning GWS into Tasmania.

BigKahunaBlue

All Australian
Jul 29, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Prepare moves for AFL HQ to be based outside Victoria.

Merge some melbourne teams

Shift the roos to tassie and if they protest suspend all their assistance and make them do it alone. Then start to plan for the roos to move down two years later.

Make the draw fair. NO request to play against collingwood at the G. Collingwood/Essendon would play at skilled each year and have to travel to Adelaide twice, Perth twice and Brisbane/GC twice and Sydney twice.

Control McFatchins and tell him to stfu.

1 strike drug policy.

Cap football department spending, that should bring collingwood back to the field.

Cut media accreditations in half.

Have a true grass roots round each year. Re-introduce suburban grounds as long as they pass OHS.

Replace the brownlow with the MVPA.

Re-introduce rules that were replaced and make sure that the rules committee is only allowed to meet once every 2 years. Actually scrap the RC and hold a 3 day conference at the end of every 2nd season. Everyone involved in footy has to attend.

etc etc.

Murraj1966

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Prepare moves for AFL HQ to be based outside Victoria.

It makes the most sense to be in Victoria

Merge some melbourne teams

If they can sustain themselves, they should stay. I don't want to see St Kilda merged just because the AFL can.

Shift the roos to tassie and if they protest suspend all their assistance and make them do it alone. Then start to plan for the roos to move down two years later.

If their assistance is suspended, all AFL assistance would have to be or you would be accused of acting unfairly

Make the draw fair. NO request to play against collingwood at the G. Collingwood/Essendon would play at skilled each year and have to travel to Adelaide twice, Perth twice and Brisbane/GC twice and Sydney twice.

Agree with all except travelling for the sake of travelling. What'd be better would be 18 round season with a yearly transition of home and away versus each team

Control McFatchins and tell him to stfu.

Hell yeah

1 strike drug policy.

Agree but it may depend on severity. As in Cousins and Stokes shouldn't get the same penalty

Cap football department spending, that should bring collingwood back to the field.

Agree and a half

Cut media accreditations in half.

I guess

Have a true grass roots round each year. Re-introduce suburban grounds as long as they pass OHS.

Love it

Replace the brownlow with the MVPA.

Replace is far too strong. Just give the MVP bigger credit

Re-introduce rules that were replaced and make sure that the rules committee is only allowed to meet once every 2 years. Actually scrap the RC and hold a 3 day conference at the end of every 2nd season. Everyone involved in footy has to attend.

Love the 3 day conference

blaze036

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 27, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gumbies FC
bigkahuna theres a reason u arnt AD, because most of those points would be so bad for football its ridiculas, and there would be ppl here saying how they would shoot u :p

AFL administration is doing a great job? why does noone get this! okay maybe the RULES COMITEE has stuffed up with something, but not the top dogs like anderson n stuff they've been doing so well to grow the game. Dont bash them without a deep understanding of the decisions they have to make, and the financial side of the game which is important

RIOLIUSTAR

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 16, 2009
Padded cell
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Can only dream of being this good
Firstly I'd wake and have a big greezy breakfast...then head into the office.

I'd then proceed to summons Geischen, Anderson, the rules committee, MRP members to my office. And sack the lot of them on the spot.

Next thing on the agenda would be to hand my resignation to Fitzpatrick, and put my hand up for screwing the real fabric of our great game, and walk away, knowing that'll be in better hands, once I'm gone.

Then continue to eat lots of greezy food

BigKahunaBlue

All Australian
Jul 29, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
bigkahuna theres a reason u arnt AD, because most of those points would be so bad for football its ridiculas, and there would be ppl here saying how they would shoot u :p

AFL administration is doing a great job? why does noone get this! okay maybe the RULES COMITEE has stuffed up with something, but not the top dogs like anderson n stuff they've been doing so well to grow the game. Dont bash them without a deep understanding of the decisions they have to make, and the financial side of the game which is important

haha you're a collingwood supporter. Of course you are not going to like any of my changes, it will mean YOUR team will once again have to plod it out with the rest of us plodders.

;)

BigKahunaBlue

All Australian
Jul 29, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
It makes the most sense to be in Victoria

At the moment maybe, but the game is wanting to expand with wanting to remain a victorian based sport. It's either one of the other.

If they can sustain themselves, they should stay. I don't want to see St Kilda merged just because the AFL can.

St Kilda will not be in my plans for a merge. I will be looking at clubs who cannot maintain themselves in the long term future. This includes supporter base. North and Melbourne would be a logical choice to begin with.

If their assistance is suspended, all AFL assistance would have to be or you would be accused of acting unfairly

It would not be suspended initially, they just have to prove themselves to me, the head boss, that they can be viable in a 2 year period. I know they won't so i would have plans made up already, i can give them two more years in the league as testimonials so they can be farewelled at their own pleasing when by the start of the 2nd when they realise they have no other option but to relocate. I am too kind.

Agree with all except travelling for the sake of travelling. What'd be better would be 18 round season with a yearly transition of home and away versus each team

By travelling twice to each state they would play the two teams in that respective state/region. Makes sense. Anyway i will be teh boss i will make it happen. :thumbsu:

Agree but it may depend on severity. As in Cousins and Stokes shouldn't get the same penalty

Only players who have been tested and have returned a positive sample. No proof then no reason for suspension. No need to fins "escape goats" ala cousins.

Replace is far too strong. Just give the MVP bigger credit

Ok de-credit the brownlow and re-brand the whole thing - slowly.

Love the 3 day conference

I am surprised it doesn't already happen. I would also have a supporter group from each club representing the football public. Ideals canvassed, problems resolved etc. Can only be good for the health of the game.

Replied in bold could be arsed multi quoting.

Oh and the first thing i would do is get rid of geishen. How someone so incompetent could still have a job is an embarrassment.

Teffy

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
May 6, 2011
Norf
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Crutchy Push
I'd instigate the rebirth of Fitzroy and South, pool gate takings, and get rid of the plastic franchises from interstate that solely exist to make money and replace them with real footy clubs from their respective states.

In: Fitzroy, South, Perth, East Fremantle, Central Districts, Southport, East Coast Eagles, Hobart, Launceston.

Out: Adelaide, Brisbane, Fremantle, Sydney, West Coast, GWS, Gold Coast

20 clubs = 19 round rotating draw.

One PAFC

Senior List
Sep 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1- Kill off the GC and GWS. AFL to remain 16 club comp.
2- Change the draft. Make it a lottery.
3- Make clubs pay an NBA style luxury tax for spending over the salary cap.
4- Cancel the free agency idea.
5- Player salary cap has no impact on clubs financial bottom line. All clubs can spend 100% of salary cap without fear of it having an effect on profit margins.
6- Pet and 3-5 game memberships do not count towards membership tally.

I'm sure I'll think of more things

One PAFC

Senior List
Sep 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd instigate the rebirth of Fitzroy and South, pool gate takings, and get rid of the plastic franchises from interstate that solely exist to make money and replace them with real footy clubs from their respective states.

Good bye Adelaide Crows, hello Norwood! Now SA would have a REAL rivalry with Port Adelaide v Norwood in the AFL.

Teffy

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
May 6, 2011
Norf
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Crutchy Push
Good bye Adelaide Crows, hello Norwood! Now SA would have a REAL rivalry with Port Adelaide v Norwood in the AFL.

Yep, Port would stay.

12 Victorian clubs, 2 x SA, 2 x WA, 2 x Tas, 1 x NSW & 1 x Qld.

We could expand in NSW and QLD when the time was right.

BigKahunaBlue

All Australian
Jul 29, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle

In: Fitzroy, South, Perth, East Fremantle, Central Districts, Southport, East Coast Eagles, Hobart, Launceston.

Terrible and a 3rd world idea.

One PAFC

Senior List
Sep 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Sorry but no. Just because they have dominated the last 10 years in the SANFL, does not mean they should be the 2nd AFL SA side. If you were to do your suggestion properly, then Norwood replaces the Crows. The second most successful side in SA after Port Adelaide.

Teffy

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
May 6, 2011
Norf
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Crutchy Push
I'm actually thinking that Woodville West Torrens should get the nod because it is the home of the greatest SA player in history.

BigKahunaBlue

All Australian
Jul 29, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
^^ I was going to suggest maybe allowing Port to revert back to their prison bars and having ed and his masses stfu and get on with it. But since you agree with that north supporters crazy idea Port must retain the teal and revert back to their thunder guernseys.

More..

Scrap the priority and return to the days when winning the spoon meant shame. There is not that much shame in finishing last in the past decade.

Teffy

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
May 6, 2011
Norf
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Crutchy Push
Scrap the priority and return to the days when winning the spoon meant shame. There is not that much shame in finishing last in the past decade.

It's still a shameful event for proper football clubs.

That's one hell of a big day :eek:

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
If I were AD for a day, I'd change nothing, and make no discussion and answer no questions about prospective future changes. I'd just have one day where nothing is altered, and no proposals are made for anything to be altered.

I'm actually thinking that Woodville West Torrens should get the nod because it is the home of the greatest SA player in history.

Neither Russell Ebert or Barrie Robran ever played for Woodville. Ebert did coach there for a couple of years though in the late '80s.

Time to get detailed

6:00 AM:
Wake up, shower, do all those sort of things
6:30 AM: Find nearest McDonalds for healthy (read 3 Sausage McMuffins, 6 Hash Browns and an OJ) breakfast, then chauffer driven to work
7:00 AM: Scour morning papers from entire country just to see if I need to be David Gallop (NRL Equivalent who seems to always be in damage control after another player is caught hitting the turps at 3AM) for a day
7:30 AM: Cup of tea, white with 3 sugars
7:35 AM: E-Mail check to see if the 16 clubs based outside of Perth (it's still 5:35 AM over there) are still financial enough to continue
8:00 AM: Go find potential new venue for 35K seater in Melbourne close to public transport to improve image for games involving random Melbourne club and expansion team.
8:30 AM: Quick presser at potential venue in Eastern Suburbs in time for Morning show programs on TV.
9:00 AM: Enter SEN to appear on KB's program to get grilled by random unemployed who have nothing better to do.
9:30 AM: Call Jeff Kennett and Aker to make sure they've still shut up
9:45 AM: 7-11 Stop for large cola slurpee and glazed donut
10:00 AM: E-Mail check as per 7:35 only for the Perth Clubs who hopefully have woken up
10:15 AM: Book flights for weekend matches in Sydney and Launceston just so the real AD can press the flesh. Make sure though to book through Virgin and through my velocity rewards membership so I get the points. Book flight to Perth using the rewards points just to annoy the office.
10:30 AM: Meet with officials of Cricket Australia/Melbourne Storm/Melbourne Victory to ensure that ground arrangements for MCG/Docklands/any other ground that we all need are still in place. Make sure they get gift bag after meeting
11:00 AM: Drive to Fox Sports studio in Melbourne to conduct random drawing of which round the draft order will be taken from this year.
11:15 AM: Make up, think of witty remark
11:25 AM: Meet up with Government officials who supervise the draw, see if they can help draw out at least 3 and a supp for Saturday's lotto draw
11:30 AM: Conduct draw, make sure not to pull out ball marked 22 that will make sure the media won't talk about tanking for another year.
11:40 AM: PRIVATE meeting with Sarah Jones.....and I MEAN PRIVATE
12:00 PM: Meet up with Channel 7 executives at Crown for lunch, discuss how coverage is going and what we are both looking for in this week's telecasts.
1:00 PM: Power nap in office
1:30 PM: Get woken up by call from Julia Gillard asking if I wanted a random ALP backbencher to ask ridiculous question in Parliament that has nothing to do with footy. Ask her to tell me where Kevin Rudd is so I can call him.
1:40 PM: Call Kevin Rudd (who is in Bangladesh) to make sure he mentions our code to confused Bangladesh Government official
1:45 PM: Begin editorial for Footy Record crapping on about how we help the grassroots, before realising that we don't actually do anything
2:30 PM: Announce funding for Grassroots footy clubs to buy a set of jumpers for each senior club courtesy of the AFL and Reebok (who supply our umpires)
3:00 PM: Oversee umpires training at Victoria Park just to see if Gieschen actually does anything that would improve them
3:30 PM: Help out Umpires mental concentration training by yelling out profanities like Collingwood fans once did at Victoria Park.
4:00 PM: Get reports from Match Review Panel (blabbering on about how random Port Adelaide rookie got a week for intentionally mooning his opponent), Ground Managers (SCG asks if covers should be put on, I say listen to your heart) and Adrian Anderson (who has scratched his ass all day for little to no result)
4:30 PM: Chauffer driven home to freshen up before dinner with AFLPA CEO.
5:30 PM: Dinner with AFLPA CEO at Greek Restaurant. Not much exchanged in terms of CBA talks but plenty of plates smashed
7:30 PM: Home to watch recorded AFL shows (thank you Foxtel IQ), fall asleep 10 minutes into first program.

Back