If you were Gold Coast List Manager?

Remove this Banner Ad

Would happily take Barlow and look at De Bour, dunno about Suban :p
If you want Suban, I'm afraid it'll be Jack Martin+ Peter Wright and your highest pick for Barlow, Suban, DeBoer
We'll chuck someone else in if you take Suban

On paper, they aren't at all far away. I'll have a crack with a few 'random' names from trade period thrown in. Grimes, Brown, Harvey and Barlow from trade/Free Agency. I've also grabbed a couple of forwards from SANFL/VFL

B: Grimes (M), Brown (Coll), Kolodjashnij
HB: Malceski, May, Harbrow
C: Rosa, Ablett, Martin
HF: Harvey (NM), Lynch, Ah Chee
F: Wright, Eddy (Sth A), Saad (Coburg)
Foll: Nicholls, Swallow, Barlow (Fre)
Bench: Sexton, Hall, Miller, Day

Should target CEY from the crows. Hrovat would be a very good pick up from the dogs and jack trengovefrom the dees has leadership qualities. Trengove would benefit from a fresh start. Chris mayne as a free agent would definately be worth a spot as a medium forward. He could provide that shape and experience in the forward 50 is also a decent set shot.

In my opinion the suns are not a bad side and are just really in a weird place in terms of injuries. There must be something in the water up in QLD that are making both those clubs players injured.

Two players i think from the swans that would probably be best 22 at the swans would be brandon jack and dean towers both are very quick and have first team experience the both need a change of scenery as well.

I think you're on the right track there with 2nd ranked mids at clubs looking to re-build. So Cunnington, Gibbs and Rockliff are options that GC could offer generous picks for - could make a Godfather deal by throwing in one of those picks in the 20s along with pick 8. Timing isn't quite right for Collingwood and Richmond re-builds with Buckley and Hardwick clinging on so it's probably hard to get access to their 2nd ranked mids this year e.g. Sidebottom, Cotchin.
Funny you should put Cunnington in that mix. I've suggested that he should be considered tradeable to someone like GC and was howled doen on the North Forum. I see it as a good fit if North could get an early pick, or on trade for a player with genuine outside run.

Move ablett to play as lose man , get deboer and barlow to play in the middle mix with two your own kids who is elite by foot and with tom lynch as forward i think you can even beat gws.

Will have some good picks to use. Go and hunt a few inside mids who are in their 20s to get around Ablett, Swallow and Hall. Ellis Yolman, Ah Cee, Hartlett, Jong, Barlow, Horlin Smith to name a few. Their spine is good enough.

Umm maybe unite the ah chee brother.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reset ...use most of the picks on the best kids they can get...and accept the next 2 years will be pain. Do the same again next year...
If mature bodies are needed short term..add FA's or delisted players..

Gold Coast have never had a year where they could recruit what they could with all the picks they can end up with. Saturate the list, and ensure a lot of good leadership is in it. Build the new culture, and ensure they are all trained by the best in the best possible conditions and facilities.
Then 2018 start looking to add some mid 20 type talent.

Sure , if they cant hold and build around the kids second time round then the consequences may be dire..but if they can then they can legit have a GWS type list.

Do not go after Barlow or Grimes. Pick 27 for him would be great as a Freo fan, but the guy is cactus. His speed and agility was always sub-par but he relied on his great natural instinct and nice skills, and he just knew how to get the ball and what to do with it. These days his physical skills have deteriorated to the point where he can plug along just enough and excel at the things he's good at. Grimes sounds alright but ultimately, in two seasons, those guys are going to be cooked. Barlow is a great fella but is he really a leader?

I can't see Hartlett being too stunning in a much more skeletal midfield, but with two other top ten picks maybe he and Ah Chee is a decent enough shout.

Is Tom Mitchell set on going to Victoria? Isn't he from Perth? He's the sort of simple midfielder they need to help the young blokes develop. He isn't flashy or soft.

If they're (harshly) delisted by Freo, Brady Grey and Alex Silvagni would be great free gets. Grey has been limited by Ross's favouritism but I've really liked his odd opportunities so far; tries his heart out, goes after everything. The Suns seem a little thin for short defenders and I think he'd be a solid back pocket or even a pretty serviceable midfielder. You could worse. Silvagni meanwhile should be a 100 gamer at least, but has had his injury troubles, was always behind McPharlin and Dawson (and even McPhee going back) and isn't really rated by old Rossco.

Brendan Whitecross would be a great get. Getting someone from Hawthorn, or even the Cats or Swans could be beneficial.

Honestly there's not a huge amount of movement or possibility in my opinion. Maybe pick 8 for Ah Chee and Hartlett and preserve the rest.

I would be lobbying the AFL to get Dangerfield's contract null and void because of alleged salary cap breaches and take him as a free agent.....AFL to pony up a 3rd party sponsorship deal worth 1.5mil a year for 5 years.....all in brown paper bags

They need to bite the bullet & start over with a clean-slate.....Forget about loading-up with other clubs cast-offs.

1 or 2 astute signings, (Hartlett & Armitage) combined with 5 of the best mid-field kids in this draft....Ablett won't last forever.
I would love that but unfortunately we aren't a club anyone in a best 22 want to go to.

I would love that but unfortunately we aren't a club anyone in a best 22 want to go to.

You will have more cap space available than anyone else I'd imagine.

If I were list manager, I'd jettison Ablett & go the whole Hog....What else have you got to lose, other than a decade of mediocrity.

They've got a solid spine, and some classy mids but really need to boost their engine room and add some leadership.

A well connected poster on our board has said they are into Jong for one of their 2nd rounders (I'd say 28), and he is exactly what they need. I'd go after Stevens as well and trade a late first rounder they'll get for Omeara from Hawthorn. Then use 28 for Michael Barlow, he will only go for another 2-3 years but will do a good job there.

They'll get pick 6 for Prestia for will have 3 more top 10 picks to add good kids. Then try and trade some of the remaining 3 2nd rounders to try and get some picks next year to spread it out.

Omeara for Hawks 1st and 2017 2nd
Prestia and 2016 2nd for Pick 6 and 2017 2nd
Hawks 1st rounder for Stevens and Jong
Pick 28 for Michael Barlow
Add another experienced mid with leadership qualities.

They've got a solid spine, and some classy mids but really need to boost their engine room and add some leadership.

A well connected poster on our board has said they are into Jong for one of their 2nd rounders (I'd say 28), and he is exactly what they need. I'd go after Stevens as well and trade a late first rounder they'll get for Omeara from Hawthorn. Then use 28 for Michael Barlow, he will only go for another 2-3 years but will do a good job there.

They'll get pick 6 for Prestia for will have 3 more top 10 picks to add good kids. Then try and trade some of the remaining 3 2nd rounders to try and get some picks next year to spread it out.

Omeara for Hawks 1st and 2017 2nd
Prestia and 2016 2nd for Pick 6 and 2017 2nd
Hawks 1st rounder for Stevens and Jong
Pick 28 for Michael Barlow
Add another experienced mid with leadership qualities.

What exactly did he say about Jong? I'm very keen.

What exactly did he say about Jong? I'm very keen.

That you guys are keenest and it's looking like getting done for one of your second rounders. Another poster (I think?) mentioned a 3 year deal but not sure how reliable that is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back