If You Were Melbourne …. What Red Flags For Bennell ??

Remove this Banner Ad

lol ThE MeDiA iS SoOO AGaInsT Us

you're right the media should of just lied to keep insecure freo supporters happy
Certainly no "mercy dashes" to visit Bennell but then he wasn't a drug test tamperer. :drunk:

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say. What "facts" are you sticking to?

Or is it just a troll post?

Bennel was a dismal failure at freo: fact
The media reported as such
Not real bright freo supporters confused this with some sort of imaginary conspiracy against their club

really can’t dumb it down more for you than that

To be fair you don't do the thread any favours with your user name.
Haha, very good, very good.

IMO Bennell is low risk - high reward. He has a lot of work ahead of him to build up his legs, his calves (obviously) and hamstrings are basically non-existent. He took the first step and got out of WA, I wish him luck. We need a player with his capabilities.

Not real bright freo supporters confused this with some sort of imaginary conspiracy against their club

Forget the trolling and vitriol, I think the original comment refers to the following.

A player is pumped up as returning to action, body all ok. Gets through training, starts to increase their minutes at seconds (WAFL), then bang the leg fails. This scenario happens time and time again, the supporters get their hopes dashed time and again. Dispiriting is the best I can describe it as.

It’s not a media thing, just supporters backing their player, but getting frustrated when numerous comebacks run into brick walls. Having backed Morabito for many years, these are hard pills to take, as supporters are only human.

Harley managed 100 odd games already.
So he ain't no flake.

Melbourne have much worse issues.

How much are they paying that useless little flog Viney?????

How much are they paying the McDonald brothers and Sam Weideman????

Blokes who couldn't get a kick in a stampede.

You're not bright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do explain about the "Dees culture circa 2019"?

Toxic culture resulting in a failure to work hard enough
In 2019 the Dees showed a distinct lack of desire to to do the hard work required to move forward.

Maybe they will refind what they had in 2018 but players need to stop the pre season whinging about camps etc, thats the coaches area players need to just get on with what they are told to do.

You may feel different but thats how I saw it.

Toxic culture resulting in a failure to work hard enough.... Maybe they will refind what they had in 2018 but players need to stop the pre season whinging about camps etc, thats the coaches area players need to just get on with what they are told to do.
:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: 2018 was when we refused to go on a training camp... guess we need to start whinging again?

about 70k towards an ultra talented, hard working yet injury prone player, mandated by the Union that you need to fill that spot?

Nothing. I dont think anyone lays the boots into melbourne for giving him a go, If at a miracle he plays a game, probably a better return then a lot of rookie listed players, and he has more talent then any of the rookie listed players running around

At worst? Blows his calf, They say "Well we gave it a shot good luck!" and he clowns the WAFL league because he's two tiers above everyone for another 2 seasons before he finds a career outside AFL

Lol okay then just carry on as you are, if 17th is satisfactory for you.

Of course culture has nothing to do with it:drunk::drunk::drunk:
It's a pretty moronic way to judge a list. It basically means you aren't smart enough to figure out why we dropped so use one of the current media brand words to make yourself seem knowledgeable.

I can see with Bennell that he could be an example to the playing group that time doesn’t wait for anybody and if you don’t take your opportunity your never that far away from not having another so it’s not about just enjoying your footy like they made a big deal out of this year it’s about doing everything you can to be the best you can while you can.
If I was a stakeholder in the club it’s not Bennell that I’d be concerned about if it doesn’t work out really it’d be if the decision didn’t came from the same area as whoever it was that co ordinated the post season operations for players for this year, getting players ready for a season and keeping them playing, like Lever, May and Viney.
It looked like they buggered it up and if theyre making decisions based on “we’ve got nothing to lose” theyre wrong because they can lose belief in the club from people in the club, including players and future prospects.

I can see with Bennell that he could be an example to the playing group that time doesn’t wait for anybody and if you don’t take your opportunity your never that far away from not having another so it’s not about just enjoying your footy like they made a big deal out of this year it’s about doing everything you can to be the best you can while you can.
If I was a stakeholder in the club it’s not Bennell that I’d be concerned about if it doesn’t work out really it’d be if the decision didn’t came from the same area as whoever it was that co ordinated the post season operations for players for this year, getting players ready for a season and keeping them playing, like Lever, May and Viney.
It looked like they buggered it up and if theyre making decisions based on “we’ve got nothing to lose” theyre wrong because they can lose belief in the club from people in the club, including players and future prospects.
We changed fitness bosses post season. Almost everyone is available this year.

In 2019 the Dees showed a distinct lack of desire to to do the hard work required to move forward.

Maybe they will refind what they had in 2018 but players need to stop the pre season whinging about camps etc, thats the coaches area players need to just get on with what they are told to do.

Such stupidity.

Culture had nothing to do with, being incredibly injured did.

This is a dumb post. Nothing wrong with their desire, Mix of Injury, lack of outside run and spread compounded by injury and some horrid form slumps, Brayshaw didnt go from 3rd in the brownlow to not being able to hit the barn off his foot becausew he didnt have desire to win a football game

I respectfully disagree with you on some of your points.
1. Whilst I acknowledge "Bennel" (sic) didn't have the games Freo would have envisaged, I'm not sure they can control his injuries, nor would they have expected it when they traded him in for a 2nd round selection. (unless you're wishing injuries on a player - which is just trolling)
2. I'm not sure what a "dismal failure" is in football terms. All teams trade in players with risk. You seem to be an Eagles supporter, so I'll use the examples of Morton, Lucan, Jetta and Ellis. They may have been traded in and performed less than expected, but I wouldn't call it a "dismal failure" to try and build a list.
3. I'm not sure what you mean by "The media" reported as such". Do you mean the media reported on Harley's calf injury? If so, I agree with you.
4. Please clarify what the "conspiracy" is. I have no idea what you are saying with this. Do you mean there are aliens in Perth? If so, please post a picture and we'll sell it to Fox. Promise to give you 50% of any picture you take of the aliens in Perth.

Edit: Ok I'm at the shops now Numero Uno stocking up on tins of beans and long-life milk. Quick question: How long do you think we'll be under the shelter (I've cleaned out the garage, so that's all the room we've got for now) - just wondering if I should get a few more packets of Aeroplane Jelly just to be safe.

Thanks for the heads-up though. See you after the invasion. Live long and prosper.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back