DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
They love a story on Basa Fillets from Vietnam....having worked at a supermarket it is the biggest drainer hearing about how bad basa fillets are...the same customers forget about it two weeks later...end up back on the basa diet.

(i've seen personal photos of where this industry is...and no its not in some dirt ridden waterway).

They're still airing these stories? FMD.

Yep DaRick most Aussies support social security because we all know a friend or a relative that has relied on it at one point or another. The narrative which ACA and libs push of people being scum for taking hand outs is not widely shared among the lower middle class I've associated throughout my lifetime.

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
Yep DaRick most Aussies support social security because we all know a friend or a relative that has relied on it at one point or another. The narrative which ACA and libs push of people being scum for taking hand outs is not widely shared among the lower middle class I've associated throughout my lifetime.

How many people actually take ACA and Today Tonight seriously now?

I haven't seen so much as a Chaser skit from either since 2007 or so.

The two types of people who take that narrative seriously now in my experience are: 1) the uneducated older folk (not necessarily the same thing as lower-middle class) and 2) resentful right-wing reactionary types that are typically reasonably well off.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
I dont wish to dog whistle and stir up anti robotic sentiment........... but ...........Robots are going to take our jerbs.

'Devastating': Robots to take 6.5 million jobs
Microsoft Australia managing director Steven Worrall and Telstra executive Michael Ebeid warn that business, governments and workers are woefully unprepared for robots to displace up to 6.5 million jobs.
The pair join tech heavyweights such as Atlassian's Mike Cannon-Brookes and venture capitalist Daniel Petre who warn "we need to act now", ahead of a major conference kicking off on Monday to urge action.
"If we do not get this transition right it will be devastating to the standard of living for many Australians," Mr Petre told The Australian Financial Review.

A report released this month. It warns that up to 46 per cent of existing work activities could be automated in Australia by 2030, displacing between 3.5 million and 6.5 million full-time jobs.

Microsoft's latest research to be released on Monday supports findings that business and workers are more at risk because we lag other nations - 46 per cent are yet to implement any AI.

Telstra flagged similar concerns in their recent research which found one-third of Australian organisations have barely begun their digital transformation journey, well behind global peers.

"The debate seems to be the robots are coming and they are going to take our jobs, this is a bad thing 'how do we slow it down?' but it is inevitable. "

"Workers still think as automation as something that won't happen to me, as something which hit factory workers but they don't realise this new wave of automation is hitting all sectors and levels in almost every job, including white collar workers like accountants and legal clerks."

https://www.afr.com/leadership/workplace/devastating-robots-to-take-6-5-million-jobs-20190329-p51901

I dont wish to dog whistle and stir up anti robotic sentiment........... but ...........Robots are going to take our jerbs.

'Devastating': Robots to take 6.5 million jobs
Microsoft Australia managing director Steven Worrall and Telstra executive Michael Ebeid warn that business, governments and workers are woefully unprepared for robots to displace up to 6.5 million jobs.
The pair join tech heavyweights such as Atlassian's Mike Cannon-Brookes and venture capitalist Daniel Petre who warn "we need to act now", ahead of a major conference kicking off on Monday to urge action.
"If we do not get this transition right it will be devastating to the standard of living for many Australians," Mr Petre told The Australian Financial Review.

A report released this month. It warns that up to 46 per cent of existing work activities could be automated in Australia by 2030, displacing between 3.5 million and 6.5 million full-time jobs.

Microsoft's latest research to be released on Monday supports findings that business and workers are more at risk because we lag other nations - 46 per cent are yet to implement any AI.

Telstra flagged similar concerns in their recent research which found one-third of Australian organisations have barely begun their digital transformation journey, well behind global peers.

"The debate seems to be the robots are coming and they are going to take our jobs, this is a bad thing 'how do we slow it down?' but it is inevitable. "

"Workers still think as automation as something that won't happen to me, as something which hit factory workers but they don't realise this new wave of automation is hitting all sectors and levels in almost every job, including white collar workers like accountants and legal clerks."

https://www.afr.com/leadership/workplace/devastating-robots-to-take-6-5-million-jobs-20190329-p51901

Robots should have already taken our jobs, then the cheap Chinese workers wouldn't have taken our jobs.

twotooto

late bloomer
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I think as society transitions towards AI filling roles that are traditionally reserved for people more and more of the 'work pool' will have jobs that are internet based.

It's happening right now, though it's very much in the embryonic stage(compared to what it will be, eventually). Lots of exciting opportunities opening up and will continue to open up, at an exponential rate.

Just got to be prepared to get your head around new paradigms and ways of doing and going about things.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
I think as society transitions towards AI filling roles that are traditionally reserved for people more and more of the 'work pool' will have jobs that are internet based.

It's happening right now, though it's very much in the embryonic stage(compared to what it will be, eventually). Lots of exciting opportunities opening up and will continue to open up, at an exponential rate.

Just got to be prepared to get your head around new paradigms and ways of doing and going about things.
A tax on Robots nearly everyone on the dole

I don't find it exciting at all , unless you want to work in Australia for a good Indian wage.

Dixie Normous

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I usually find 'The Project' awful but I did find last night's skit on living on Newstart on $40 a day pretty funny - the guy was buying smashed avo on toast. lmao

Of course, the outrage tsunami has hit the shores.....some clearly didn't get the point of the bit

What would you all spend your 40 shekels a day on?

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I usually find 'The Project' awful but I did find last night's skit on living on Newstart on $40 a day pretty funny - the guy was buying smashed avo on toast. lmao

Of course, the outrage tsunami has hit the shores.....some clearly didn't get the point of the bit

What would you all spend your 40 shekels a day on?
Get the whole amount, buy some gear and start selling
Should go upward from there.
Tax free too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Get the whole amount, buy some gear and start selling
Should go upward from there.
Tax free too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
science-gif-breaking-bad.gif

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Where is all of this chop chop?

I found a XXXX XX XXXXX who sold clearly fake or something packs for $10 cash but that's the only place I've ever seen anything like it.

Federal agents are en route to his location. Well done mate. Remind me to never sell you any drugs.

Back