Politics Centrelink

Remove this Banner Ad

You think the dole should be equal to or greater than minimum wage?
The fact that the dole is less than the minimum wage is evidence towards breaking the assumption that the dole can just be lived on. It is not sufficient to sustain you for very long, nor is it intended to be.

If you're asking what I think, my answer would be that I am not an expert. There are others who are, who can better say precisely how much money is required to live on, or to get a job. It is my opinion that the dole is too low, as it currently stands, because you cannot live on it and seek to improve yourself sufficiently to get a job, and that the various mechanisms which are used to force those on the dole to seek work are both not functioning towards that end and are making it harder for everyone involved, with the express purpose of making the dole itself too much effort to claim and stay compliant with.

Please note, too, that I'm not talking about getting a job in your field; this isn't about people being choosy. This is about the jobs market being very difficult, with people remaining unemployed for steadily longer as time progresses.

More incompetence. The Mygov website has been down all day.

Like clockwork.

Now expect the phone lines to crash in 4,3,2,1....

If it affects more than just ‘non dole bludgers’ and it’s aspirational Mum and Dads in Western Sydney who can’t use myGov, you may see some pushback.

Or more than likely just crickets from some media.

EFA

Life on the dole is hard: Barnaby Joyce

The mutton no doubt getting up him for more pokie money
URL]

Last edited:
Sozzled as fu** and doesn't know what he's saying
IT BLOODY WORKS
You latte sippers from the city bla bla
mention a few drought ridden towns
climate change is a lefty conspiracy
it works 2 get votes
its trump talk and the left have nothing

Play dirty then
The left should highlight how he cheated on his wife with a pockmarked behemoth
got her preg
shine a light on the winner

Who’s the stupid, crazy, fiery redhead? Would have to be a greenie.
Begrudgingly though, Newstart does need to be increased. $75/week is way too much though. I’d make it about $40/week as long as they’re complying with their requirements. However, I’d drop the amount of jobs they need to apply for to about 10/month or slightly less.

IT BLOODY WORKS
You latte sippers from the city bla bla
mention a few drought ridden towns
climate change is a lefty conspiracy
it works 2 get votes
its trump talk and the left have nothing

Play dirty then
The left should highlight how he cheated on his wife with a pockmarked behemoth
got her preg
shine a light on the winner
Man made climate change is a lefty conspiracy. However, this fred is about Newstart and how most of BigFooty surviving on $40/day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Begrudgingly though, Newstart does need to be increased. $75/week is way too much though. I’d make it about $40/week as long as they’re complying with their requirements. However, I’d drop the amount of jobs they need to apply for to about 10/month or slightly less.
You dirty commie !!!!

I'd think newstart recipients would accept a 1c increase at this stage of the game.
All advocates/journos/alp/greens can do is hound the libs constantly and hope they finally get sick of being badgered but , as seems the case in modern times , the news cycle will move on quickly.

Last edited:
I'd think newstart recipients would accept a 1c increase at this stage of the game.
All advocates/journos/alp/greens can do is hound the libs constantly and hope they finally get sick of being badgered but , as seems the case in modern times , the news cycle will move on quickly.

I believe Newstart rates have been indexed to CPI for some time. I don't think it would make much difference if they were indexed to average earnings at the moment, with wage rises being stagnant.

I'm still struggling with the process and I really hope my experience isn't typical. I applied for Newstart on 1st May and my claim has still not been processed. That's getting towards 3 months now and no payments in all that time. I raised a complaint over a week ago which I have had zero feedback from. There was a time when letters to the minister were treated seriously but now they don't GAF.

I'm not getting stressed because when I get a job it's likely to be well paid. But it seems that Centrelink are grossly failing in respect to their service commitments.

I believe Newstart rates have been indexed to CPI for some time. I don't think it would make much difference if they were indexed to average earnings at the moment, with wage rises being stagnant.

I'm still struggling with the process and I really hope my experience isn't typical. I applied for Newstart on 1st May and my claim has still not been processed. That's getting towards 3 months now and no payments in all that time. I raised a complaint over a week ago which I have had zero feedback from. There was a time when letters to the minister were treated seriously but now they don't GAF.

I'm not getting stressed because when I get a job it's likely to be well paid. But it seems that Centrelink are grossly failing in respect to their service commitments.

Labors fault

( like everything else , Lindt cafe siege , Thredbo disaster , the Holt dissapearance , japs invading Darwin....)

Why $40?

We might get an increase in Newstart if the murmours are true;

Newstart.jpg

Why $75?
It’s pretty obvious that it needs to be increased. However, Newstart should only ever be an amount paid that forces people to work. I don’t enjoy doing manual labour but I do. It sucks but someone has to do it. There’s plenty of shitty jobs that people turn their nose up at.

Why $75?
It’s pretty obvious that it needs to be increased. However, Newstart should only ever be an amount paid that forces people to work. I don’t enjoy doing manual labour but I do. It sucks but someone has to do it. There’s plenty of s**tty jobs that people turn their nose up at.
Because the people suggesting $75 dollars are more experts than I am on the matters under discussion. I won't presume that for you, so I'll ask again; why $40?

As for the bolded, no, there isn't. If you've been on the Dole for a while, you'd take pretty much anything to get off it. That's a viewpoint someone who knows only what the media tells them about Dole Bludgers would possess; you can choose to continue to believe it, but it doesn't hold much parity with reality,

former social services minister Paul Fletcher intervened in an inquiry to erase a major recommendation that would have turbo-charged the sensitive issue.

Jim ok.jpg

Have you or are you currently experiencing the system?

How long did you or have you been experiencing the system for?

Just saw your question now - I don't come here much.

Fair question, but that's my business. Let's just say that I am very familiar with the system from the past and the present through my own experience and that of friends.

Despite all the articles or accounts or media posts, you cannot really appreciate how shitful the system, Centrelink and Job Active are until you have actually lived it.

JobActive does not get enough attention. Truly evil and corrupt.

As for the bolded, no, there isn't. If you've been on the Dole for a while, you'd take pretty much anything to get off it. That's a viewpoint someone who knows only what the media tells them about Dole Bludgers would possess; you can choose to continue to believe it, but it doesn't hold much parity with reality,

Meanwhile, in the real world, there are over 3,000 available jobs available NOW in the abattoir industry. But Australian unemployed won't take them because it's beneath them or they refuse to leave Mummy's home and travel to get a job, any job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back