Politics Centrelink

I have done work for the dole m

Sorry that confuses me.
Is there on average 44.5 jobs per person avail?
And also locations?
If you have time I would love to see a jobs via location avail?
And also a break down full time or part time or casual.
* you're asking the wrong guy , Mr Creighton would be the go-to on those questions.

Goroyals22

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Goroyals22,
I have thought of working as a JSP as I have lived and seen the life from both ends of the spectrum.
But what gets me curious and I am not sure if your allowed to answer this.
KPI So I have no idea how that works as I relate KPI to sales and profits,In regards to being a JSP what could that be ?

Kpi’s can vary on the role you are in but if your a run of the mill job coach it will revolve around the amount of people you can get into work, not how many people you can breach which will disappoint many here.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kpi’s can vary on the role you are in but if your a run of the mill job coach it will revolve around the amount of people you can get into work, not how many people you can breach which will disappoint many here.

Wow tough gig so if you don't reach a level of KPI your out the door?

Craven Morehead

I really don't care what you think.
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
fu** you're asking the wrong guy , Mr Creighton would be the go-to on those questions.

Don't be a smartarse because i quite enjoy your silliness.
Jobs are jobs and, today, we import 150,000+ backpackers to do the ones that young kids won't take up.
That's a fact.
I'm fully expecting a humorous smack-down via some obscure gif that you find, which i will enjoy immensely.
You campaigner.

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
You don’t understand economic cycles do you?

Maybe, the lazy free loaders at the top of the economic tree pay tax and not get hand outs.
LOL. Yeh right. Good one. Clearly you have I idea of what tax brackets are.

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
Jobs are jobs and, today, we import 150,000+ backpackers to do the ones that young kids won't take up.
That's a fact.
I'm fully expecting a humorous smack-down via some obscure gif that you find, which i will enjoy immensely.
You campaigner.

Saying jobs are jobs is all good and well, but the problem is today's labour market despite becoming more flexible, it has not become flexible in terms of jobs because while it might be okay for a uni student or school leaver to undertake any job. But once you enter the workforce there becomes an expectation by recruiters and HR types that you will cease job hopping and focus on your career and following the usual career pathway.

That's a fact.
You campaigner.
Boy , that escalated quickly.gif

I get that you're wound up about this but that's not my fault.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
All providers have whats called the EPF Fund which is money the government gives them yearly to assist job seekers with various items if requested.If the request meets the guidelines its paid.

That's it? That's your explanation of your claim that people on Newstart can get fuel cards, Coles vouchers and free cars?

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
At my precious role however I can state I had a caseload of between 150-160 job seekers

Let's assume you worked a 37.5 hour week, and 90% of that time was productive ie not in meetings/chatting to colleagues/talking s**t on Bigfooty. A 2016 Melbourne University study found that frontline staff spent on average 43.7% of their time in direct contact with job seekers. That works out to about 12 minutes per fortnight per client. That's about the time required to check compliance.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

My daughter gets breached often. And Centrelink then resolve it that day when she contests.

She has TAFE 2 days a week, work placement training 1 day a week, and works 2 days a week.

She always gets told thats not enough and she needs to do more. They also always cancel appointments at the last minute, and when they schedule the appointment when she is doing work placement training 1 hour away and she tells them she cant make it they breach her.

Because work placement training doesnt count as a legit reason for missing an appointment.

Yes. Doing on the job training is not a vslid reason for missing an appointment with a work agency.

So their KPI may not be specifically breaching her, but if they cant get their KPI because they cant get the tick for getting her a job they will punish her by breaching her.

Goroyals22

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
My daughter gets breached often. And Centrelink then resolve it that day when she contests.

She has TAFE 2 days a week, work placement training 1 day a week, and works 2 days a week.

She always gets told thats not enough and she needs to do more. They also always cancel appointments at the last minute, and when they schedule the appointment when she is doing work placement training 1 hour away and she tells them she cant make it they breach her.

Because work placement training doesnt count as a legit reason for missing an appointment.

Yes. Doing on the job training is not a vslid reason for missing an appointment with a work agency.

So their KPI may not be specifically breaching her, but if they cant get their KPI because they cant get the tick for getting her a job they will punish her by breaching her.
It may possibly not be enough on the guidelines set out. If she is full time activity tested by centrelink therefore she has a minimum 20 hours a week of work to meet her requirements. If she is doing 15 hours work only then she may not be meeting her requirements. The rules were changed about 18 months to ago to prevent people from becoming professional students rather than working.

Again that's not the providers fault that's a government and centrelink requirement.

Goroyals22

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Let's assume you worked a 37.5 hour week, and 90% of that time was productive ie not in meetings/chatting to colleagues/talking s**t on Bigfooty. A 2016 Melbourne University study found that frontline staff spent on average 43.7% of their time in direct contact with job seekers. That works out to about 12 minutes per fortnight per client. That's about the time required to check compliance.
You don't see all your clients fortnightly for a variety of reasons so its a pointless stat but regardless its not going to change your mind about providers but perhaps if job seekers took a bit more personal responsibility they wont have issues re compliance and there providers.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Another mess by Centrelink MyGov.

Customers have been left out of pocket – in one case by almost $10,000 – after a nationwide glitch affecting the Centrelink website saw people inadvertently pay back their debts several times over.​
"We went to the myGov portal to pay it and clicked on the link that said this is the money that you owe. We put the credit card details in, pressed submit and it said the page has not been found – it didn't say it had been processed or give us a receipt number. It just looked like it hadn't worked".​

Another mess by Centrelink MyGov.

Customers have been left out of pocket – in one case by almost $10,000 – after a nationwide glitch affecting the Centrelink website saw people inadvertently pay back their debts several times over.​
"We went to the myGov portal to pay it and clicked on the link that said this is the money that you owe. We put the credit card details in, pressed submit and it said the page has not been found – it didn't say it had been processed or give us a receipt number. It just looked like it hadn't worked".​

They musn't have " had a go "

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

Hmmm...

I'm happy you're in here sharing info from the other side of things - which I don't possess, because I only know this system from the other side - but there's a bit of a tone thing happening here, suggesting that you're reading something into the general tenor of this thread. So, instead of giving sideways glances whenever you post, perhaps you could state, in relatively clear terms, what your position is (not your job; your stance, your politics) on this issue? Do you think the dole is too low; do you think the jobless are bludgers?

Huge problem with this board; people wanting to be taken seriously without showing their hand. Leads to people talking past each other, people being oblique, meaning getting obscured. Show your hand a little mate. Speak plainly.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
That's a fact.
You campaigner.
Do me a favour; could you post a single one of those jobs; say, one of the abattoir positions you were talking about, one which you think is eminently gettable.

Craven Morehead

I really don't care what you think.
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Name the jobs?

What, each individual position?
Are you disputing that we give visa's to 150,000 international backpackers annually to fulfill a need?
A need that young unemployed Aussies refuse to consider because, it's all too hard.
I did post a link to this earlier.
I really, really hope we have a huge recession so these spoon-fed, mother-hugging, lazy shits are forced into the work-place.

Do me a favour; could you post a single one of those jobs; say, one of the abattoir positions you were talking about, one which you think is eminently gettable.

What, and put up with your pathetic excuses again?

If you can't get a job in an abattoir, as a fruit picker, as a fencer, as a stationhand, as a general labourer...it goes on and on and on...well, you simply don't want a job enough.
And people can sit in their hovel and whinge and bitch all they like...but the jobs are out there if they are prepared to do it tough for a while, travel and WORK.

Back