Politics Centrelink

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane isn't, but living somewhere is different to visiting somewhere once. I have no idea where Toowoomba is. I am still willing to research it a bit, but without locales I can't actively explore rental markets and moving costs, which is the point of the argument. I cannot discuss moving from a poor socioeconomic area in Brisbane to a 2 hour radius around the city, because I cannot then locate a place to move to. The point of the analysis is therefore circumvented, because you are completely unwilling to provide a single job or a single town out of some form of contrariness.

Funny, isn't it? I rather think you're trying too hard. I mean, I've got plenty for you to hate about me already, and my lack of knowing your home state better than you do is what you're picking?

LOL.
What a special one you are.

Try Kingaroy.
Try rentals at $300pw. 3rm 2bthrm.

Try not crying so hard.

You have NO IDEA where the largest inland city in this country is??

LOL.

Mind you, the jobs I mentioned already had this information Einstein.

LOL.

Off to your analysis like a good boy.

LOL.

Oh ffs.
Take the initiative yourself for a change. Approach 1,2 ...50 drivers in your area and ask if you could sit in the 2 seat and watch and learn.
Just DO something and stop moaning.
Life is NOT easy.
if you think for a minute I live in a life of luxury l, you are sadly mistaken.

You act like I spend all my money on alcoholic beverages

if you think for a minute I live in a life of luxury l, you are sadly mistaken.

You act like I spend all my money on alcoholic beverages
When did I EVER say that you live your life in luxury???
I said that you need to get off your arse.

why dont you attack people on DSP when they scam the system and have nothing wrong with them while your at it?
Because you're on here complaining that life sucks and it's all too hard.
When a DSP scammer comes on here and does the same they'll get the same treatment.
Get off your arse boy.

If you are committed enough to change your circumstances you will make it happen.
Enough of the 'poor bugger me' excuses.

Maybe. But moving your possessions interstate costs thousands. It’d have to be a permanent role to make that worthwhile.

In the shoes of a person with a family, there is also the reality of uprooting kids, partners, moving from families, perhaps elderly parents etc, communities. I am not sure this is always the answer. Maybe for a 20 year old with no commitments, but thinking back to when i was 20 I had little savings to up and move.

There is at least some of it, enough really to make observations with bearing on what it'd be like for families and for the elderly.

LOL, you honestly expect people here to upload some crappy document you've produced onto their hard drive to read it?
LOL.

Maybe. But moving your possessions interstate costs thousands. It’d have to be a permanent role to make that worthwhile.

In the shoes of a person with a family, there is also the reality of uprooting kids, partners, moving from families, perhaps elderly parents etc, communities. I am not sure this is always the answer. Maybe for a 20 year old with no commitments, but thinking back to when i was 20 I had little savings to up and move.

Pretty certain earlier in the thread I stated that circumstances are different for people with family and that the jobs I referred to were suitable for younger single types.
If you are that desperate for work, why do you need to cart your possessions anywhere?
They can come later, after you've established yourself and have begun saving.

LOL, you honestly expect people here to upload some crappy document you've produced onto their hard drive to read it?
LOL.

Pretty certain earlier in the thread I stated that circumstances are different for people with family and that the jobs I referred to were suitable for younger single types.
If you are that desperate for work, why do you need to cart your possessions anywhere?
They can come later, after you've established yourself and have begun saving.

I must have missed it.
Well, because you'd be paying for rent/storage in two places. On a limited income that is a lot of money.

Agree, it would be suitable for younger types but still think there is a financial hurdle.
I saw a brief report on the news this week around a Vic govt initiative to give those who have recently been released from jail work on the metro tunnel. I like that initiative. It's getting them into work, hopefully skills they can use later and a paid wage. I'd like to see more initiatives like that for those who have been unemployed for a lengthy period.

LOL.
Then there's something deeply ironic about you calling anyone lazy then, if you're unwilling to to read 700 or so words. Doubly so, seeing as I'm pretty sure you've thrown that particular term at me a few times.

Basically, the whole thing hinges on possessing a car, having bosses who are sufficiently understanding of how disheveled you are over the first few weeks, or if you have any dependents. It is possible, but very difficult in the best case scenario.

Then there's something deeply ironic about you calling anyone lazy then, if you're unwilling to to read 700 or so words. Doubly so, seeing as I'm pretty sure you've thrown that particular term at me a few times.

Basically, the whole thing hinges on possessing a car, having bosses who are sufficiently understanding of how disheveled you are over the first few weeks, or if you have any dependents. It is possible, but very difficult in the best case scenario.

dude, no-one is going to read 700 words of excuses from some nobody on the internet.
Why is a car required?
Can't get a bus to the new town?
Can't talk to the employer about requiring transport to work until you find your feet?
Why disheveled?
Can't take a shower?
Can't wash your clothes?
Can't get the Salvo's etc to get you some decent 2nd hand gear?

You are a serial excuse maker.
Little wonder that long term unemployed find it all too hard when they have people like you crying on their behalf.
I'm also starting to wonder if you know what LOL means, as you use it when you're laughing, when you're angry, when you're trying to be serious and when you're taking the piss.

I LOL because of the crap you constantly post on this topic.

I must have missed it.
Well, because you'd be paying for rent/storage in two places. On a limited income that is a lot of money.

Agree, it would be suitable for younger types but still think there is a financial hurdle.
I saw a brief report on the news this week around a Vic govt initiative to give those who have recently been released from jail work on the metro tunnel. I like that initiative. It's getting them into work, hopefully skills they can use later and a paid wage. I'd like to see more initiatives like that for those who have been unemployed for a lengthy period.

I would be very much in favour of a relocation allowance paid by Centrelink in these cases.
With the proviso that you must stay in the job for 3 months minimum or you pay it all back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane isn't, but living somewhere is different to visiting somewhere once. I have no idea where Toowoomba is. I am still willing to research it a bit, but without locales I can't actively explore rental markets and moving costs, which is the point of the argument. I cannot discuss moving from a poor socioeconomic area in Brisbane to a 2 hour radius around the city, because I cannot then locate a place to move to. The point of the analysis is therefore circumvented, because you are completely unwilling to provide a single job or a single town out of some form of contrariness.

Funny, isn't it? I rather think you're trying too hard. I mean, I've got plenty for you to hate about me already, and my lack of knowing your home state better than you do is what you're picking?

Hi Gethelred I have previous experience with a recruitment agency and I am currently employed by a trade union. I strongly believe everyone should have the benefits and dignity of work.

Can you tell me where you live roughly ?

Hi Gethelred I have previous experience with a recruitment agency and I am currently employed by a trade union. I strongly believe everyone should have the benefits and dignity of work.

Can you tell me where you live roughly ?
Thanks, but despite all efforts by Craven Morehead to make it seem like I'm creating excuses for myself, I'm happily employed.

I am posting in here because I was unemployed for about three years, and I know what it's like, and I do not think 'Get of yr arse, SLACKER!' is particularly motivational, especially when it's from entitled lazy arseholes.

Counter viewpoints are certainly necessary, but some are of more worth than others.

dude, no-one is going to read 700 words of excuses from some nobody on the internet.
Why is a car required?
Can't get a bus to the new town?
Can't talk to the employer about requiring transport to work until you find your feet?
Why disheveled?
Can't take a shower?
Can't wash your clothes?
Can't get the Salvo's etc to get you some decent 2nd hand gear?

You are a serial excuse maker.
Little wonder that long term unemployed find it all too hard when they have people like you crying on their behalf
Small wonder why you don't have answers to your questions because you didn't read the analysis I posted.
You're being willfully ignorant now. It'd be amusing if it wasn't so sad. I mean, this is your issue, your argument, and I've validated that it's possible, and here are you poo-pooing it out of laziness.

You're essentially attacking your own argument, as you bend over backwards to stand in opposition to whatever I say.

Thanks, but despite all efforts by Craven Morehead to make it seem like I'm creating excuses for myself, I'm happily employed.

I am posting in here because I was unemployed for about three years, and I know what it's like, and I do not think 'Get of yr arse, SLACKER!' is particularly motivational, especially when it's from entitled lazy arseholes.

Counter viewpoints are certainly necessary, but some are of more worth than others.

I have never said that you were unemployed.
I did say that you are a wizard for creating excuses for people NOT to take a chance and get a job.
People like you are the problem.
Meanwhile I employ people.
Small wonder why you don't have answers to your questions because you didn't read the analysis I posted.
You're being willfully ignorant now. It'd be amusing if it wasn't so sad. I mean, this is your issue, your argument, and I've validated that it's possible, and here are you poo-pooing it out of laziness.

You're essentially attacking your own argument, as you bend over backwards to stand in opposition to whatever I say.

No-one's going to read your stupid analysis.
I want people off welfare and into employment.
You're going out of your way by creating excuses why they should stay on welfare.

I have never said that you were unemployed.
I did say that you are a wizard for creating excuses for people NOT to take a chance and get a job.
People like you are the problem.
Meanwhile I employ people.

No-one's going to read your stupid analysis.
I want people off welfare and into employment.
You're going out of your way by creating excuses why they should stay on welfare.
I've got a question, then.

You're a job creator. You own a meat processing plant. You publish a full time job in your rural town, but there's no local takers. You get a few job applications from the city that's two and a half hours away, and seeing as those are the only options, you interview them.

You wind up hiring one of them, a twenty five year old male, who informs you of his desire to move closer. You are aware that he didn't have a job at the time. He starts work, but you immediately begin to notice.

He smells. His clothes are wrinkled when he comes into work. He's tired. He's a little late. He doesn't respond consistently to phone calls.

You don't know why this is happening, but he's living in his car. He couldn't afford rent and bond immediately, so he has to wait 2 or 3 weeks before renting. He's getting showers at highway servos and he's going to the laundromat, but he can't charge his phone consistently, and he is sleeping on the back seat of his car. Because he's relying on his phone to wake him up, it sometimes runs out of charge and he oversleeps.

So, what do you do? Do you tell him it isn't working? Are you understanding? How do you react to that?

Basically, that's the main barrier to moving from city to a rural setting to obtain a job. It isn't the move itself; as you say, you can sell your furniture and you can drive yourself there. You need to obtain the money to pay the bond and a minimum rent, whether that's a single week, but in most places it's a month. This is also a person who is on the Newstart, which you will have to inform the agent on the property, and they generally possess an attitude there of "absolutely anyone else".

Ignorance is never to be desired, but you're chasing it. The above scenario is the ideal one for moving from city to rural. This is what you're saying is 'excuses'. At what point are you going to run out of 'excuses' why poor people absolutely must be lazy, there cannot be other factors at play?

I've got a question, then.

You're a job creator. You own a meat processing plant. You publish a full time job in your rural town, but there's no local takers. You get a few job applications from the city that's two and a half hours away, and seeing as those are the only options, you interview them.

You wind up hiring one of them, a twenty five year old male, who informs you of his desire to move closer. You are aware that he didn't have a job at the time. He starts work, but you immediately begin to notice.

He smells. His clothes are wrinkled when he comes into work. He's tired. He's a little late. He doesn't respond consistently to phone calls.

You don't know why this is happening, but he's living in his car. He couldn't afford rent and bond immediately, so he has to wait 2 or 3 weeks before renting. He's getting showers at highway servos and he's going to the laundromat, but he can't charge his phone consistently, and he is sleeping on the back seat of his car. Because he's relying on his phone to wake him up, it sometimes runs out of charge and he oversleeps.

So, what do you do? Do you tell him it isn't working? Are you understanding? How do you react to that?

Basically, that's the main barrier to moving from city to a rural setting to obtain a job. It isn't the move itself; as you say, you can sell your furniture and you can drive yourself there. You need to obtain the money to pay the bond and a minimum rent, whether that's a single week, but in most places it's a month. This is also a person who is on the Newstart, which you will have to inform the agent on the property, and they generally possess an attitude there of "absolutely anyone else".

Ignorance is never to be desired, but you're chasing it. The above scenario is the ideal one for moving from city to rural. This is what you're saying is 'excuses'. At what point are you going to run out of 'excuses' why poor people absolutely must be lazy, there cannot be other factors at play?

oh ffs you're full of s**t.
Try and draw up another extreme example to support your pathetic crying.

You are making up scenarios in your head to justify your ridiculous position.
It's insane.

Go and research a rural meatworks labouring position and see what they actually offer.

Smelly people living in their car in a rural town who have full employment.
You're a nutcase.

It's insane.

Go and research a rural meatworks labouring position and see what they actually offer.

You're a nutcase.
Can you try and engage in conversation, rather than being a keyboard warrior?

The sooner you get a job the better. You'd feel a lot less insecure.

Can you try and engage in conversation, rather than being a keyboard warrior?

The sooner you get a job the better. You'd feel a lot less insecure.

Is this the only angle you have?
If you want to stalk me you'll have to do way better than this.
Say something which contributes or piss off.

It's insane.

You're a nutcase.
Okay. Tell me precisely how you would plan to rent a property when it takes roughly 2 years to save enough money to do so on the Newstart.

Your desire to appear tough over answering any question posed is interfering with your relevance, and you're getting more unhinged with each successive avoidance.

Perhaps you should have a drink and lie down. This can't be good for you.

Okay. Tell me precisely how you would plan to rent a property when it takes roughly 2 years to save enough money to do so on the Newstart.

Your desire to appear tough over answering any question posed is interfering with your relevance, and you're getting more unhinged with each successive avoidance.

Perhaps you should have a drink and lie down. This can't be good for you.

Because
the
employer
provides
the
accomodation.

ffs.

Because
the
employer
provides
the
accomodation.

ffs.
For the job that I found in Kingaroy (which the link for it is within the analysis I posted, which you would know had you read it) there was no accommodation offered. I would have to ask, what percentage of jobs of this kind would offer accommodation?

That would indeed change the parameters, making it far easier to make the transition. Perhaps you could have said that earlier, instead of wasting my time with further tirades, hmm?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back