Discussion If you were to take over Champion Data, What would you change?

Remove this Banner Ad

I was thinking about this again today.

I reckon they should introduce a sweeping change for next year :rainbow:

One free Roughie per team. To be used at anytime over and above any trade limits.

It would consist of two trades that can only be unlocked by confirming you will use the second trade to bring back IN the poor campaigner you're rage trading OUT

Also I think to help spread the word of this new game changing feature they should hire Judd_Magic and I and pay us stupid amounts of money to educate SCers all around Australia.
We would have a Roughie podcast where we mostly just visit local umm extablishments with shopping bags full of talc powder like product, come back and get loaded then spend the rest of the night trying to pronounce Manooover :moustache:

I was thinking about this again today.

I reckon they should introduce a sweeping change for next year :rainbow:

One free Roughie per team. To be used at anytime over and above any trade limits.

It would consist of two trades that can only be unlocked by confirming you will use the second trade to bring back IN the poor campaigner you're rage trading OUT

Also I think to help spread the word of this new game changing feature they should hire Judd_Magic and I and pay us stupid amounts of money to educate SCers all around Australia.
We would have a Roughie podcast where we mostly just visit local umm extablishments with shopping bags full of talc powder like product, come back and get loaded then spend the rest of the night trying to pronounce Manooover :moustache:
A genuine roughy, or just a roughie?

This would never happen, but if I was the all-powerful overlord, I'd price players based on a curve instead of linearly. The magic number wouldn't be a constant even within a round.

Effectively, this would make midpricers cheaper and premos more expensive. The super-premos would become prohibitively expensive, you wouldn't be able to jump on them after they did a Sean Darcy, you'd have to have already got on them.

The reason I'd do this is that it would make the number of SC relevant players much bigger, which would make the game more interesting in my opinion. Accurately predicting that a guy was going to go from a 65 average to an 80 average would be worth something. Right now that is useless even if you are right, unless a player enters the realms of the premos, improvement isn't enough to make them a good pick, and I'm not a fan of that.

This would have a similar, but even more telling, effect to reducing the salary cap. Full premo becomes impossible unless you got on them before they became premos, and mid-pricers would have their day
This is the best idea Ive seen yet.

Imagine winning Supercoach with Hurn at D1 and Frosty in your team :hearteyes:

One to really screw over those who love to burn their trades..... each game locks trades out at 3/4 time instead of first bounce, but cant change VC/C on game in progress. Cue no trades club opening after the byes and massive melts in league GF's when someone subs in a massive score with 5 mins to go in the third. Yes, I like to watch the world burn.

e: Oh, and +20 for a falcon....

Agree, but he‘ll play three and have a price rise so that’s probably fair game. My issue is when a player plays one or two, has no price rise and then is suddenly 270k the next year.
I'd like to see a system introduced for the previous season's draftees, where if they play less than 3 games they're $123k, if they play 3-6 at an average under, say 80, the max price they can start at is $200k, and so on until you get to like 10 games and it's just normal. I reckon it creates more sc relevant players and should create more variety in rookie selections, as it seemed like everyone had the same rookies this year.

I want the bench to be entirely flexible. Still make people pick their emergencies, still only allow 4 per week.

Would still only allow for DEFs to cover DEFs, etc.

But if I wanna start with multiple ruck rookies and no fwd rookies, let me.

If I have fwd donut and no fwd eligible player, bad luck, you cop a zero, but with a flexible bench I can trade any of my rookies that are yet to play to a FWD that week.

Or I'm not stuffed if I put the E on one of my 2 mid rookies, only to then have 2 premo mids as late outs. Let me trade one of those ruck rookies to a mid in a later game and I don't cop donut.

Would make DDP players still as valuable, allowing for them to cover for either line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back