If your team folded tomorrow who would you go for? Or would you follow another sport?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: If your team folded tomorrow who would you go for? Or would you follow another sp

Football wont be the same. I'll switch to rugby.

If it came to a change of clubs it'll be out of Sydney and Brisbane. No one else.

Re: If your team folded tomorrow who would you go for? Or would you follow another sp

TigerFan said:
I'd still love football, but I could never follow another club if Richmond were to fold.

I honestly don't know how anybody could ever change teams - I would never be so self-absorbed to say that I love my club more than any of you, but there aren't many things in my life that mean more to me than the Richmond Football Club, and I could never throw away what is just as much a lifestyle as it is an alliance.

I honestly don't know how passionate Fitzroy supporters could lead a complete life now, because I'd rather die than see Richmond go under - a part of me would certainly die with the club...

I think you need councelling...

I would not support any team. I would only watch afl with a passing interest. At the moment the AFL is a very poorly run, mediocre organisation, and the only thing keeping me interested is my beloved pies. If they were to cease to exist (fat chance of that happening), I would simply not be too interested in AFL. Probably focus my attention towards Melbourne Victory or something :confused:

In an AFL sense if Richmond went under I'd probably follow the Bulldogs - always had a soft spot for the 'Scray - but only in a fairly pedestrian sort of way, much how I follow the AFL anyway.
My local club is virtually as good as gone, I never would follow another club here, just turn my back on the game altogether.
I've been to games where other teams are playing and it just isn't the same anymore, holds absolutely no interest whatsoever to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if Richmond were to fold i would go 4 the Brisbane Lions as they sponser my footy club and we were there jumpers but i wouldn't really care if they won or not i could be coverted to Rugby League and watch the Melbourne Storm as they need the support

TigerFan said:
I'd still love football, but I could never follow another club if Richmond were to fold.

I honestly don't know how anybody could ever change teams - I would never be so self-absorbed to say that I love my club more than any of you, but there aren't many things in my life that mean more to me than the Richmond Football Club, and I could never throw away what is just as much a lifestyle as it is an alliance.

I honestly don't know how passionate Fitzroy supporters could lead a complete life now, because I'd rather die than see Richmond go under - a part of me would certainly die with the club...

Couldn't have said it better meself.

If the Power folded then I would continue to watch the Might Port Adelaide Magpies. In the AFL I would start following Collingwood, just like I did before our little suburb got it's own AFL side.

I wouldn't really follow anyone in the AFL-although I have a "soft spot" for the Hawks and Eagles. I followed the Eagles before Port's entry into the AFL.

I have never stopped supporting the Port Magpies in the SANFL, so would simply focus my energies there instead.

Oh how horrible if it happened! However, if it did happen (cant see if it happened though, I hope), I would have to go for the Crows has they have always been my second favourite team. Still, it wouldnt be the same without the Eagles, though my friends would love it as most are Crow supporters (and bloddy mad ones too!)

Oh how horrible if it happened! Still, if it did I would go for the Crows as they are my second favourite team (except when they beat the Eagles!).
Most of my friends are Crow supporters (and bloody mad ones too!) and they would love it if I BECAME ONE of THEM (hope it doesnt have to happen for sometime).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back