If your team was a single player which player would that be?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
The perfect offseason thread, or at least an offseason thread.

So if your team was a single player in the league, so a player that is pretty much everything your team is, who would that player be?

Also, it does not need to be a player in your team, just a player currently in the AFL.

For me the Swans are Josh Dunkley from the Bulldogs. Tough, a big tackler, rarely pushed off the ball but as slow as a glacier and a rather iffy kick who does not usually get involved in free-flowing attacking chains of play.

So what player is your team?

Ben Cunnington. Really good sometimes, *en rubbish sometimes, but otherwise middle of the road to above average for a player of his ilk. Hard and courageous but has limitations.

We would easily be Jeremy McGovern. Copped a lot of s**t for our appearance a few years back, cleaned up our act well. Taken plenty of knocks, always got to our feet and kept going even under duress. Premiership medallion around the neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richard Douglas.

A fairly average, aging player who was much better quite some time ago. Inconsistent these days and can struggle against the better sides, or at random for no reason. In pressure matches, slips over at crucial moments and would be described as everything but clutch. Better than the worst players so finishes high in the B&F, but never high enough to win it, apart from that one time ages ago. As a Victorian, he was always a risk of leaving at some point.

We could be Roughy.

Skill, longevity, kicks lefty, plays multiple positions, willing to not be the best or highest paid, smart without being clever, personality without limelight, highlights tape is very decent but not flashy, hungry for team success.

My first post in the off season... can the season start tomorrow. please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back