I'll drink to that - North signs Colonial as beer and cider sponsor

Remove this Banner Ad

What does pale ale taste like

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The name covers a multitude of sins. IPA's and American Pale Ales can be quite dark, full flavoured and aggressively hoppy, but other pale ales can also be quite pale and floral/citrus-y. The colonial one in the blue & white can is pretty middle-of-the-road. I quite like it for when I don’t want to think too hard about what sort of beer I feel like.

The name covers a multitude of sins. IPA's and American Pale Ales can be quite dark, full flavoured and aggressively hoppy, but other pale ales can also be quite pale and floral/citrus-y. The colonial one in the blue & white can is pretty middle-of-the-road. I quite like it for when I don’t want to think too hard about what sort of beer I feel like.
THANK YOU for this valuable piece of information other than 'pale' or 'ale'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ever tried a warm 30 block of Hahn ice as a desperate uni student? Unapproachable would be akin to describing Hitler as a bit of an arse and D-Day as a romp at the beach.

Ever go to The Public Bar's dollar pots Monday night student piss up?

The Geelong Bitter?

That stuff should be free. Do you mean there are people who pay for it?

Besides, what ever happened to courage?

View attachment 1144398
Well last night was my swan song
Had a four-x comin' on
What happened to Courage
Where did I go wrong
Love turned out a Claytons
Now forever I'll stay
Victoria Bitter
She made me that way

Free can of colonial IPA on me to the first person who can tell me the song and artist.
Bonus can if you can name the EP it was on.

Remember Toohey's Red? Or *shudder* Blue?
Or Winnies Red? Or, Bl
Had a four-x comin' on
What happened to Courage
Where did I go wrong
Now forever I'll stay
Victoria Bitter
She made me that way

Free can of colonial IPA on me to the first person who can tell me the song and artist.
I'm tipping ol' blackshadow for the win on this.

I don't have a functional liver so claytons for me.

Had a four-x comin' on
What happened to Courage
Where did I go wrong
Now forever I'll stay
Victoria Bitter
She made me that way

Keith Glass, Victoria Bitter
Don't know the EP

the word ale denotes it was brewed using an ale yeast (as opposed to a lager yeast) the pale denotes the colour.

On the Lovibond scale, a pale golden lager might have a color of 2˚ or 3˚, a pale ale 10˚– 13˚, a brown ale or dark lager 17˚–20˚, all the way through to the near black of imperial stout at 70˚.
1622624574484.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back