Illegal downloading – is it illegal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. In our great land of Aus, there are no laws that criminalise so called “illegal downloading”. That is, you cannot be charged with downloading and watching pirated content for individual use. In fact, recent amendments to the Copyright Act 1968, instead of targeting the individual viewer, have taken aim at the viewer’s ability to access torrent websites. Under those changes, on application by the owner of a copyright (Sony, Village Roadshow, Foxtel etc.) the Federal Court of Australia may grant an injunction to require an ISP (such as iiNet, Optus, Telstra etc.) to block access to a website. The changes have not, however, introduced new criminal or civil penalties for your average Game of Thrones enjoyer with no Foxtel subscription.

Whether there’ll be further laws introduced (and, no doubt, subsequent skirmishes to the Federal Court) to battle the issue of illegal downloading remains to be seen. Perhaps, however, if rights holders such as Foxtel put the same great effort and resources towards evolving with technology and the changing demands of its target market, there would be less need for such legal action.

Agree. IF Foxtel want more $$$ and Customers then don't Rip People Off with it being to Bloody Expensive. So that make People Download there Media for Free.

Interesting they say that for Non-Commerical(Personal Use) there is not law against it

http://aulichcivillaw.com.au/illegal-downloading-illegal/

A few things...

1...we're able to consume more than we can afford to buy.
2..is Foxtel commercial free during the shows?
3...why can't I pick my individual channels rather than have to choose stupid bundles?

A few things...

1...we're able to consume more than we can afford to buy.
2..is Foxtel commercial free during the shows?
3...why can't I pick my individual channels rather than have to choose stupid bundles?

The Bolded is what I think Foxtel should do. Channel costs a between $1-$5 each

Been saying that for years and I put it on their survey every year
Been a customer for well over 15 years.....they've offered me nothing and will do nothing for existing customers

They seem to take Existing Customers for Granted

Been saying that for years and I put it on their survey every year
Been a customer for well over 15 years.....they've offered me nothing and will do nothing for existing customers
Until you call up to cancel. Then they offer to half your bill for six months. Unfortunate but is the way they are. Is why despite being able to comfortably afford Foxtel I don't bother.

Until you call up to cancel. Then they offer to half your bill for six months. Unfortunate but is the way they are. Is why despite being able to comfortably afford Foxtel I don't bother.

I only have Foxtel for 1 reason Sport.

Wish you just can have the Sport Package

Remove this Banner Ad

Back