Racing ILP's Weekday Covid Comp

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought better way to pass the ongoing period of isolation then with a simple weekly comp.

One meeting per day
Pick one horse in every race
$10 EW - STAB dividends
Tips in 30 minutes before first

Daily Prize - pick the next day and share in a $2 quaddie with our selections

Weekly Prize - shares in a 4 horse parlay on the Saturday (I pick two, they pick two).
Weekly selections must be in by 12 noon

Happy to receive nominations for meetings

Last edited:
3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 4th, 4th, 4th, 2nd, Unpl, 3rd.

Fluked a couple of jumps winners (darts) but I think my last 32 flat selections is something like 1 winner, 14 placings. Must be half a dozen 4ths or NTD's in there too.

Not a sob story, just a pretty clear example of variance and how a majority of TAB punters betting in everything can convince themselves they're cursed or unluckier than anyone else. Easy to see how footballers can blow through 6 figures in no time at all. Strong possibility that I can't tip water out of a bucket either.

Usually we play these comps around carnivals or Saturday metro, but there's definitely something about making forced selections in absolutely garbage races that sends me back to the days of Sky 1, a bunch of beers, and blowing the fortnightly pay packet. Good times :$.

Saw a post on twitter that that punters club had 700k worth of seconds beaten less than a length of the two days #cast

Weekly totals

Fab
634​
Cash
551.4​
Pendles
504.4​
Frantelle
469​
MITs
428.4​
MJC