FTA-TV I'm a Celebrity....... Get Me Out Of Here

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't really watch this show, just popped in to have a read of people's thoughts (I really hate Steve Price and have heard people don't mind him on this which disappoints me), but wanted to comment on this.

I know you had a few people pile onto you about it so I feel a little bad joining in and going all PC police, but as a gay man I really don't like seeing this s**t. For a situation another poster alluded to, I went to the change room at the beach last week and the guy opposite me stripped naked, and I felt especially self-conscious in averting my gaze. And in part that's because I've had (minor) incidents like where I accidentally brushed another guy's hand and he had a freak out because of my sexuality. I think we need to move beyond this dated stereotype that gay men are sexual predators, and while I know you were making a joke it does help perpetuate it.

Anyway, to return to my point, **** Steve Price.

It's not that all gay men are sexual predators.

It's, what happens if a gay man finds me attractive. I am not interested, but how do you let him down easy, without appearing homophobic.

Has a gay man fallen for a straight man, not knowing that he is a straight man, and then been crushed when the feelings aren't recipricated? Some straight people have problems dealing with a rejection from the opposite sex.

It's not that all gay men are sexual predators.

It's, what happens if a gay man finds me attractive. I am not interested, but how do you let him down easy, without appearing homophobic.

Has a gay man fallen for a straight man, not knowing that he is a straight man, and then been crushed when the feelings aren't recipricated? Some straight people have problems dealing with a rejection from the opposite sex.

The same way you deal with a woman who is interested that you don't like. Don't be an arsehole about it and you'll be fine.

Seriously how often has this happened in your life?

She is an old bitter thing isn't she?

She probably wants Chris's meat deep down but knows she has seen better days to land a guy like him

Even during her peak she had awkward moments. I recall one time when she guested on Good News Week she said a number of mean spirited things that left her fellow panelists speechless. At one point Brooke Satchwell, who was on the opposing side, went up to Paul McDermott and whispered something into his ear as a gag for scoring points. Fischer kicked up a stink and called Satchwell a whore which went down like a lead balloon with everyone else.

Even during her peak she had awkward moments. I recall one time when she guested on Good News Week she said a number of mean spirited things that left her fellow panelists speechless. At one point Brooke Satchwell, who was on the opposing side, went up to Paul McDermott and whispered something into his ear as a gag for scoring points. Fischer kicked up a stink and called Satchwell a whore which went down like a lead balloon with everyone else.

It's a bad combination of rich entitled private school girl with a pathological victim mentality

I'm starting to doubt Kate's story that she decided to break up with James Packer, I've got a feeling it was the other way round due to her being so annoying.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...b/news-story/4348b15dad38df94caf77211acb29ed5

in the meantime, it’s nice to think Jay is always out there, in some reality TV dimension, still entertaining / annoying his I’m A Celeb campmates with that damn ukulele.

The ghost of Jay coming back to haunt them with his ukulele.

The ghost of Jay coming back to haunt them with his ukulele.

Speaking oh which- place needs more practical jokes imho. Enough with the arguing about standing near a dart board for an extended period of time. Pull some pranks for gods sake and liven it up a bit.

They could have at least hid that stupid thing while Jay was around.

Am glad the "deception" tasks are back finally. Srsly surprised Kris got away with the chips- if the noise didnt give him away, was thinking the smell of salt and vinegar would.

I don't really watch this show, just popped in to have a read of people's thoughts (I really hate Steve Price and have heard people don't mind him on this which disappoints me), but wanted to comment on this.

I know you had a few people pile onto you about it so I feel a little bad joining in and going all PC police, but as a gay man I really don't like seeing this s**t. For a situation another poster alluded to, I went to the change room at the beach last week and the guy opposite me stripped naked, and I felt especially self-conscious in averting my gaze. And in part that's because I've had (minor) incidents like where I accidentally brushed another guy's hand and he had a freak out because of my sexuality. I think we need to move beyond this dated stereotype that gay men are sexual predators, and while I know you were making a joke it does help perpetuate it.

Anyway, to return to my point, **** Steve Price.
Well said. :thumbsu: If you say that shitty dropping the soap line, you're actually accusing gay men of being rapists? :huh::eek: A mod told me it was only banter, so no harm. I say bullshit to that. I played footy with a couple of blokes who ended up coming out as gay, had showers with them after practice and games, and I never once felt threatened by them in anyway. But there were a couple of larrakins (straight) who were always pulling stunts in the showers with the rude bits. People are such hypocrites.

Anyway, I like hanging out with my gay mates, as they always make me laugh, and they can drink like nothing else. Mrs. Flakey loves them, that's for sure.

Speaking oh which- place needs more practical jokes imho. Enough with the arguing about standing near a dart board for an extended period of time. Pull some pranks for gods sake and liven it up a bit.

They could have at least hid that stupid thing while Jay was around.

Am glad the "deception" tasks are back finally. Srsly surprised Kris got away with the chips- if the noise didnt give him away, was thinking the smell of salt and vinegar would.

Yeah they could do with mixing up the challenges more, just watching the celebs eat disgusting things or handling scary creatures gets boring after a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah they could do with mixing up the challenges more, just watching the celebs eat disgusting things or handling scary creatures gets boring after a while.

I don't think I could watch the celebrities eat all that disgusting stuff anymore. The producers should get some ideas from survivor and mix up the challenges

So you saw it too?
I was beginning to think I imagined it, as I haven't seen anything written about it anywhere.
Thought it would be all over social media.

Yes lol well if she's got it why not!

She's gorgeous!

Yes lol well if she's got it why not!

She's gorgeous!
everyone in there is looking pretty haggard and run down (and with good reason)
...except for her and Kris who somehow still manage to look fresh and beautiful. ******* genetics.

...except for her and Kris who somehow still manage to look fresh and beautiful. ******* genetics.

Some of them didn't look great to begin with, I thought Kate and Casey might have lost some weight in there but they're both still as big as houses.

I was not expecting her to do that. Great effort Keira!

Was that final star the same as last year? I was remembering the final star as being a lot harder to get, not that it was easy.
Same- pretty sure jo beth had to jump there were no monkey bars at all iirc

Tegan should be the winner for that alone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back