FTA-TV I'm a Celebrity....... Get Me Out Of Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah same.

Took me a while to recognise her last night tho (I missed the actual intros).

shes lost a heap of weight from her GS days and prob had a few trips to the 'surgeons' as well

If they can get over her accent and half understand her she will actually be pretty decent value in there

Get the feeling the butler will get very irritating after his run through all his ' royal ' goss

the occasional charitable act doesnt necessarily make you a good bloke.
look at how much money Lance Armstrong raised to help cancer sufferers.

Lance Armstrong raised bugger-all to help cancer sufferers. Livestrong raised money to 'Raise awareness of cancer' - like we didn't know that was a thing.
One of the ways they found to 'Raise awareness' was to rent a private jet for Armstrong and associates to get to functions and events etc. No funding went into clinical research.

"What we began investing in, instead of clinical research, was an ongoing dialogue with patients, with survivors, with their families, to gauge the long-term effects that cancer takes on a family and on one’s livelihood and on one’s psyche, on one’s body,”. - Livestrong communication’s chief Katherine McLane.

They then sold the Livestrong name to another private company, which markets health products etc. Livestrong,com is a for-profit money-making venture. Livestrong.org is the charity (all non-profit charities have a .org website).

And this....

'Livestrong reports that 82 cents of every dollar raised goes to programs, services and grants, that number actually includes staff salaries, lobbying costs and legal fees'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they have similar challenges in the UK version?

I assume so.

The second type of challenge is more of a physical or mental task that requires the contestants to perform activities to gain stars. These can include searching through dung, going through tunnels, negotiating obstacles on high wires, or performing other tasks

From Wikipedia. (I'm a celebrity UK)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back