I'm angry - we have been diddled again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by dyertribe
Can we have a reality check here?

5 people and a wombat turned up to see the Adelaide-Kangas game last night and that's the only issue we have to look at here.

The reason for that is because the AFL does'nt take the fans seriously, so the fans have'nt taken this format seriously. This is the real issue.

If they included entry to the Wiz Wok Cup games with the Crows & Port memberships, they'd get a crowd. There would at least be another 5000 to 8000 last night.

The AFL have not provided a financial incentive for SA fans to go to these games.

When they used to get in with their regular memberships they went, now that they have to pay each week its put people off.

All the league has to do is add an additional $16 - 20 to each membership. This extra charge would grant you admission for two pre season cup games at $8 to $10 per game. That's lower than paying at the gate or Bass - that's an incentive. If we get to a GF we pay to get in - which is fair enough IMO.

If the AFL would A) address the ticketing issue, B) revert to a round robin format of 4 groups and each team has to travel 1 out of 3 games and C) provide a clearer criteria in regards to which ground can host finals matches, they would get people on side. Until that happens the AFL will continue to lose the fans respect.

Jerome

Its a matter of princilpe and thats the reason this has really pis*ed me off big time. Especially listening to Wayne Jackson's reason for staging it in Melbourne and even more pis*ed off with Eddie's comments on 5aa on both Sunday roast and Sports Net.

Its only a pre-season after all. If I was a crows player I would set out to win it at all costs if its the last thing I do.

I think it should be an interesting game;)

Put it this way:

If the Wiz GF was in Adelaide, we'd have travelled once and have 3 home matches, and the same would also hold true for the Pies.

That sounds fair doesn't it? Well, that's b/c it is. But unfortunately, like life, the AFL doesn't have to be fair. It should be, but in this case it hasn't been fair. So why did the AFL choose to have the GF in Melbourne? Well its a bit cynical, but the most likely reason is $$$, isn't it?

But thats the way it is. And besides, playing the GF there gives us the chance of enjoying a win more, as we'd be on Pie ground.

Re: Re: I'm angry - we have been diddled again!

Originally posted by Hoggy
FACT - Collingwood did not have any impact on the AFL's decision to play the game at the Telstra Dome.

We did not push at all, we couldn't have cared less.

As I am a pasionate North supporter, I don't care where the game is played. But I knew if we lost, the final would be played at Telstra dome.

As for Collingwood not having any impact - in yesterday's HS in Eddie big mouth's own column, he stated that Wizard cup should be played in Melbourne as the sponsors wanted exposure and that Collingwood had actually brought that sponsorship to the AFL:eek:

As I said I don't care where the game is played, but while I believe Adelaide do have a legimate question, supporters were quite happy to accept North playing in Adelaide because the Crows had travelled to Darwin.

I believe the venue for the finals should be nominated beforehand, so that all teams know in advance when and if they have to travel.

I'd give Collingwood ten Wizard Cups on a plate if it ensured that we never get screwed out of a home final in the real thing again.

Should this possibility arise again for us in September hopefully we have more ammunition as a result of this joke of a decision.

A win against the scum would be sweet. A win in front of 40,000 scum fans would be even better.

If we are good enough to beat them in Melbourne then so be it. If not, oh well. It is only the Wizard Cup after all.

Look, it's March. Who cares about {sponsor's name} cups? (Unless you're a PAP supporter and that's all you've got to look at in the trophy cupboard...)

The AFL was always going to play the game in Melbourne the minute the final siren rang at Docklands with Collingwood in front. We could have had 30k at the game v the Kangas and I'm still not convinced the final would have been moved. Jacko's already said the roof is a key thing to where it's played.

The AFL will never be fair & us whinging about it doesn't seem to get us anywhere anyway.

So I'm looking at it this way .... this gives us the opportunity to give blokes like Reilly, John****, Perrie, Gallagher, Doughty, McGregor etc a chance to experience what it's like to travel for a final. You can't train for that kind of experience, so I'm stoked that these kids get a chance to get it.

Originally posted by PrideOf
Look, it's March. Who cares about {sponsor's name} cups? (Unless you're a PAP supporter and that's all you've got to look at in the trophy cupboard...)

The AFL was always going to play the game in Melbourne the minute the final siren rang at Docklands with Collingwood in front. We could have had 30k at the game v the Kangas and I'm still not convinced the final would have been moved. Jacko's already said the roof is a key thing to where it's played.

The AFL will never be fair & us whinging about it doesn't seem to get us anywhere anyway.

So I'm looking at it this way .... this gives us the opportunity to give blokes like Reilly, John****, Perrie, Gallagher, Doughty, McGregor etc a chance to experience what it's like to travel for a final. You can't train for that kind of experience, so I'm stoked that these kids get a chance to get it.

I agree PrideOf. I'm surprised at the gullability of my fellow South Aussies. As soon as Eddie-wood won, the game was always going to be in Melbourne. Collins and the AFL need Blunderdome to work and be profitable. Simple.

It hurts, being fu.cked like this, but I'm a Crows fan, I'm used to 'receiving aft' from the AFL. It will make victory that much sweeter.

Wish Eddie would shut the hell up though. His comments do NOT help, and I'd be very surprised if his ego doesn't land him in trouble in the Festival State this year, perhaps physical? Just be thankful my fellow Sth Aussies, you dont have to put up with McChin 24-7 like we do here in Victoria.

Cheers

Kasey.

Maintain the Rage!

Originally posted by Homer
Thats the AFL for you, they still act as though its the VFL.No fairness and equity at all.Whenever Eddie and Mv Mahon pipe up, the AFL bows to their whims.The whole competition is a joke.

Whatever made you think there was fairness and equity in the AFL? There is one rule only - whatever the "Big Four" Vic clubs want they get.

Look at the Roos plight.

1. We pioneered Friday night footy which was a massive risk at the time but ended up a huge money spinner for us in the mid-90's. But guess what, as soon as the AFL realised it was prime time TV only the Big Four get Friday night games these days.

2. The Big Four get these blockbuster games guarenteed every year which is unfair as the Pies are certain to play the Bombers yet we are not. This means that the Pies have far more opportunities to make money than we do.

It's hard enough for us to survive, but Eddie does not help one iota. :mad:

Originally posted by Briedis
Whatever made you think there was fairness and equity in the AFL? There is one rule only - whatever the "Big Four" Vic clubs want they get.

Look at the Roos plight.

1. We pioneered Friday night footy which was a massive risk at the time but ended up a huge money spinner for us in the mid-90's. But guess what, as soon as the AFL realised it was prime time TV only the Big Four get Friday night games these days.

2. The Big Four get these blockbuster games guarenteed every year which is unfair as the Pies are certain to play the Bombers yet we are not. This means that the Pies have far more opportunities to make money than we do.

It's hard enough for us to survive, but Eddie does not help one iota. :mad:

Yeah, good post Breidis. Totally accurate and just another example of the unfairness of the AFL. It isn't just against the interstate clubs - it's against all 12 clubs other than the big 4.

If the Crows were playing the Roos in the Wizard Wok final, you could bet Eddie's left testicle that the game would be played in Adelaide, even if the forecast was for pouring rain in Adelaide on the night of the final. But because it's one of the big 4, against all fairness and logic, Melbourne it is.

The credibility of the AFL administrators stinks!! :mad:

Originally posted by Briedis

On that note, on Adelaide's radio station 5AA, Eddie was inteviewed on a sportsnet on sunday as to his earlier comments about Collingwood being good for the competition. He made a comment that they are playing so many friday night games "for the good of the competition" He made it sound like Collingwood are doing it because they have to. What a fu*king joke.:rolleyes: :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why should Collingwood travel to Adelaide to play the Crows at their home ground? Where's the fairness in that? Telstra Dome is NEUTRAL territory, and that seems pretty fair to me.

Get over yourselves once and for all, and realise that as much as it's a national competition now, you did actually join a majorly VICTORIAN run and operated competition. Melbourne is where it's at. I'm afraid you'll never be happy if you're looking to run the show.

Originally posted by mandy5
Why should Collingwood travel to Adelaide to play the Crows at their home ground? Where's the fairness in that? Telstra Dome is NEUTRAL territory, and that seems pretty fair to me.

Get over yourselves once and for all, and realise that as much as it's a national competition now, you did actually join a majorly VICTORIAN run and operated competition. Melbourne is where it's at. I'm afraid you'll never be happy if you're looking to run the show.

Go back under the rock that you crawled from!!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah and if we, along with West Coast, Brisbane, Freo and Port Adelaide didn't join your decrepit and dying competition where would you be?

Before our license fees, takings and merchandise money came along - not to mention the fresh interest generated - where was your comp heading?...

You're kidding yourself if you reckon the telstra flattop is neutral territory.

Originally posted by dyertribe
Yeah and if we, along with West Coast, Brisbane, Freo and Port Adelaide didn't join your decrepit and dying competition where would you be?

Before our license fees, takings and merchandise money came along - not to mention the fresh interest generated - where was your comp heading?...

Oh, pardon me. I must have forgotten when the likes of Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon were beating down the door to join the SANFL.

Face it, you'll never be us. Just the poor cousins........

I realise this sounds like a troll of your board, and I do apologise. Yes, I am a very passionate Pie supporter. But above my love for all things black and white, I put the game of Aussie Rules. As much as it took me a while to accept, I do now see it was in the best interest of the game to go national. BUT.......come on. Be honest and be fair. Bottom line is you joined us. Nobody joined you. Live with it and accept that you will never be a "power house" of the AFL, no matter how many GF's you win. You have no history in our league, and you're just not one of us.

So come out week after week and play the game as best you can, but never expect the respect or kudos reserved for the teams that have been here for 100 years and made this game what it is. It just ain't gonna happen.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha He He He He Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha He He He He Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha He He He He ....Ha Ha...

No.. fanks for that Mandy...Don't we all feel right bonkers 'n all bein' put over by vis jeenyus. Coff anuva' wun up fa' da scrubbers.

Originally posted by Spogs
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha He He He He Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha He He He He Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha He He He He ....Ha Ha...

No.. fanks for that Mandy...Don't we all feel right bonkers 'n all bein' put over by vis jeenyus. Coff anuva' wun up fa' da scrubbers.

point made.

point validated.

nice one Spogs. Ta for that. :D F-wit! :rolleyes:

I realise this sounds like a troll of your board, and I do apologise. Yes, I am a very passionate Pie supporter. But above my love for all things black and white, I put the game of Aussie Rules. As much as it took me a while to accept, I do now see it was in the best interest of the game to go national. BUT.......come on. Be honest and be fair. Bottom line is you joined us. Nobody joined you. Live with it and accept that you will never be a "power house" of the AFL, no matter how many GF's you win. You have no history in our league, and you're just not one of us.

So come out week after week and play the game as best you can, but never expect the respect or kudos reserved for the teams that have been here for 100 years and made this game what it is. It just ain't gonna happen.

Thank absolute f**k that we won't be you... arrogant, that is. Cousins? Stuff that for a joke.

Now this is the bottom line. You needed us. Without the other states the VFL would have crumbled into dust, and someone else would form the AFL. Screw your 'powerhouse'... it is run by a bunch of idiots and old Jacko doesn't have any power what-so-bloody-ever.

Why don't you go to another site where people like you actually give a damn what you think.

Oh, pardon me. I must have forgotten when the likes of Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon were beating down the door to join the SANFL.

Yep, sounds like a troll to me.

But the bait was too much to resist on this one...

Adelaide Crows in the AFL = 2 premierships.

Collingwood Scumpies in the AFL = 0 premierships.

Stuff the VFL up Eddie's arse. It means nothing now.

Originally posted by napsyd
Yep, sounds like a troll to me.

But the bait was too much to resist on this one...

Adelaide Crows in the AFL = 2 premierships.

Collingwood Scumpies in the AFL = 0 premierships.

Stuff the VFL up Eddie's arse. It means nothing now.

Or was that one way back when in the AFL?? So long ago I can't remember.

Your ignorance is astounding

Come and play us at Adelaide oval then. We would love that.

As for anyone getting over themselves, what about Collingwood a club who has won one flag in 40 years and has the biggest amount of stupid supporters in the league. you just need to read these boards to come to that conclusion, yet you think you are something special.

Collingwood are nothing.

Don't fool yourself. The game would have been in Melbourne whoever the Crows were playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back