I'M BACK

Remove this Banner Ad

I certainly lost interest in posting once our lord and saviour GO EAGLES disappeared all those years ago.

Now that he has returned in these darkest of times, he has given us a beacon of light in 2022.

F
If you don't remember me, I am the dude who predicted the EAGLES would finish high on the ladder in 2011 based on pre season attitude at training.
This is after getting the wooden spoon in 2010.
I also predicted the Eagles would win the premiership in 2018.

I am now predicting that the Eagles if they stick with Kennedy and Hurn will be top 4 in 2022 and will have a tilt at the premiership.

I am certain of this
This is *in hilarious

If you don't remember me, I am the dude who predicted the EAGLES would finish high on the ladder in 2011 based on pre season attitude at training.

I am now predicting that the Eagles if they stick with Kennedy and Hurn will be top 4 in 2022 and will have a tilt at the premiership.

I am certain of this
Major Optimist is back!

...It’s impressive. You’ve got an impressive record. I remember watching the 1992 GF at a pub in Geelong. I am not sure why my parents thought it was a good idea to stop on route to our holiday house at a pub in Geelong, and allow me in with my Eagles beanie and scarf?...

Ritual shaming to get you to conform to Vicbiases.

Little did they realise, in three short hours you would be running amok and shouting "Up the ****ing Coasters!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mail is that he’ll retire this year and won’t play next year. I hope I’m wrong coz I think with fast ball movement upfield from our mids he’s one of the best forwards in the comp still.
Well, Simpson publicly implied if JK and Hurn want to play on they will and JK very clearly publicly wants to play on. To can him now after the season he has had would seem illogical to me as he was better this season than last unless the club plan on a full bottom-out rebuild.

Well, Simpson publicly implied if JK and Hurn want to play on they will and JK very clearly publicly wants to play on. To can him now after the season he has had would seem illogical to me as he was better this season than last unless the club plan on a full bottom-out rebuild.

Yeah I agree he should play on, I’m just passing on the info I’m hearing from my contacts within the industry. I hope they’re wrong. We need to fix our midfield first and foremost.

I wasn't open to it when the season began, but the ultra consistent Hurn now has a gap between his best and worst games. His weapon has dried up (pinpoint accurate, long, attacking kicks) and he has had several soft tissue injuries. I'm coming around to the thinking that he should retire.

JK still offers plenty on field. I'd like him to move into a coaching capacity and aim to play less games in 2022, reduce his travel burden.

Shuey needs to be moved out of the midfield for his own good. Another breaking down with injury. We also perform at our worst with all our guns in there. So I'd prefer to take his skills elsewhere and get a role player in the guts.

Off field, dare to dream. Can we lure Cox home as an assistant? Can we lure Harry Taylor down to Perth from the mid West? Can we get Burgoyne over as a coach?

Sorry, he's having too much fun kicking bags here.

Some of my students have told me he's moving to Perth soon but they might be full of it.

I am certain of this
But..but...what about the game plan? The coaching and selection?
So many pieces to magically fall into place...is it possible?
And why does Simmo appear unruffled, like he knows something we don't?
If he backs in much the same stuff with little change to game plan, and succeeds, well that's just sheer arrogance....at chardonnay levels!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back