I'm bloody dark!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

RacerX

All Australian
Mar 25, 2001
Myaree
Other Teams
Fremantle Dockers
I'm bloody dark about some of the crap I have been reading on the general AFL board.:mad:

As if things aren't bad enough with the continual abuse and stupidity that occurs on that board I have to put up with wallies having a dig at freo at every opportunity. One guy reckoned the AFL should give freo the boot from the competition because our team had always been "terrible" both on and off the field. They are quite happy taking our money and drafting our players though. Grrrrrr!

Fact - just because you support a form AFL side you are not smarter/better looking/ funnier/more knowledgeable(about footy) than the rest of us.

fair dinkum RacerX - you are a goose

I did not (repeat NOT) say the AFL SHOULD give the Dockers the boot.

What I said is that in a HYPOTHETICAL situation where two clubs get cut to reduce the number of teams to 14, Fremantle would be a prime candidate to culling - at the moment.

Just like StK, Gee, Melb and WestB are as well - at the moment

If we were talking about this in the early 90's the candidates would have been Sydney and the Brisbane Bears

Go back to the 80's and we are talking about Collingwood (among others)

In the 70's the basket case club was Essendon

In the late 1950's it was Carlton and so on.

Can I not talk about general scenarios in a level headed and analytical way without guys like you constantly mistaking my comments for abuse ?

sheesh

grow up

BSA,

Go easy mate! I'll admit your post about the dockers hit a nerve with me, now I realize the context you are putting it in I regret mentioning your original post here.

I still think there is an increasing amount of abuse and crap on the general board. There is a fair amount flying freo's way because we have been playing so badly, as you can see I am getting a little defensive about it all.:(

Fair enough RacerX

I can understand you guys are a little sensitive about this kinda stuff at the moment.

I agree - BigFooty is just flooded with abusive rubbish at the moment and belive me, the last thing I want to do is add to that.

Once again sorry for singling out your club for special mention, I didn't mean any malice

cheers

Hey boofhead angel,

You seem to be deluded about what the AFL would look for is they ever wanted to cull clubs.

The AFL would put much more priority on a clubs ability to support itself than it's ability to put a good side on the paddock.

Despite on-field bungling, the club is relatively stable financially. Unlike those 4 Melbourne clubs you mention, there have never been any questions about Frementle's viability. This year is the first season where the club expects to post a loss.

Why would the AFL get rid of a stable club and keep a club likely to get into financial strife in the near future? You'll end up with a few less than 14 clubs if that's the attitude.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back