Premiership Player
Mar 8, 2002
Brisbane QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pies
Hi guys,

This is embarrassing but I'm here begging for money.

I've had somehealth issues recently, a torn achilles compounded by cellulitus and keto acidosis, I've spent a bit over 3 months in hospitals and rehab, and as I live alone the Social Workers decided that I need my house cleaned before I could come home. I agreed in the hope that i could get out of the health care system, but the cleaners did more than clean, they cleaned me out. They took my furniture, whitegoods, most of my possessions and even the carpet.

I'm screwed, I'm broke, can't get money from my super scheme or centrelink because they threw out my birth certificate and I don't have enough ID to prove that Im a real person in need.

I've started a go fund me account in the hope of raising enough money to get a bed, mattress and fridge, also to pay for my meds and a bit of food :)

I plan on taking those responsible to court, hopefully getting some vengeance and compensation but in the meantime I could really use some financial help so I've started a go fund me campaign and I'd really appreciate it if you could share the link in the hope I can start to get my my life back to where it was 4 months ago

Thanks guys
Shane
Go fund Smokey

Smokeyr67

Premiership Player
Mar 8, 2002
Brisbane QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pies
Thanks Pedro, I'm in a better place mentally and physically already, I've been helped out with the loan of a fridge and a couch, I've got all the meds I need ( a 340 day supply of insulin 😲) and I've managed to put some quality food in the fridge.
Heres what your donations are going towards
Resized_20190119_161540_456.jpeg
Resized_20190119_153221_4084.jpeg

The top shelf of the fridge door are all my meds, theres some in there that i didnt even know I took😁

Thx Pica, I'd say that every little bit helps, but you guys are donating more than a little!
Least us Victorians can do I would say. Perhaps you can ask if it can be made a sticky for a few days?

Smokeyr67

Premiership Player
Mar 8, 2002
Brisbane QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pies
I'm doing ok thanks Quicky, thanks to the generosity of the folks in here, I've managed to keep myself fed and watered, and have even bought some luxury items, like a kettle and toaster😀
I've found a legal firm who's keen to take on my case pro bono which is fantastic, and from what I'm hearing I should be able to expect a reasonable result. I just have to be patient.
At the moment, I'm kind of reliving my youth, batching it😀 Sleeping on the couch, cooking everything in the same pot, it's kind of fun when I let myself feel positive about the situation.
Something thats really annoying me is that I can't get NSW births deaths and marriages to issue me with my birth certificate, so I'm kind of a non person. I fail to understand why, if I have to provide 100 points of ID to get my licence, it's only worth 60 points when trying to get my birth certificate? A friend years ago wrote a short story about this exact situation, called nine digit midget, and well tickle my clacker with a feather if that wasn't prophetic😁

I need that birth certificate to access my superannuation "pension", I was made redundant about 18 months ago, and am entitled to access my super, but unless I have 100 points of ID, they can't help me, it's a real catch 22.

Anyhow, thanks for your help and concern guys, I hate to ask this, but if you could post a link to my go fund me campaign on social media, hopefully with s wider audience I'll be able to keep myself going until those responsible are forced to compensate me.

Thanks,
Shane

Back