Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
My support for port adelaide is not about one person whether a coach or player but a response to what the team running onto the ground connects to over the years. This overides all else and is not on blaming, ridiculing any individual who represents the club, on a week to week basis.

Magpiespower

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan
Dec 16, 2004
Salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ken. Come here, brother. Gimme a hug! Bring it in for the real thing...

3538ov.gif

Yeah Monty has guts to call out ken untrustworthy comment. People think 5 years of some times good all of a sudden is Hinkley changed no way. Hinkley needs to go before Schofield gets poached

Did you think the performance against the Bulldogs was good enough, did you? There were a lot of players like Lycett, Wines, Motlop and Ebert - senior players - who let us down with their games. If those three had the kind of intent for the ball that they displayed against Adelaide, we win against the Dogs.

Montgomery didn't call it out. He simply said that he hasn't been here long enough to know what has gone on before, and that the Bulldogs game really could have gone either way in horrible conditions. He wasn't here when we lost to Carlton and Brisbane in 2015, and Carlton in 2016. He wasn't here when we got smashed by Adelaide in 2017. He wasn't here when we fell from 11-4 to missing finals.

Ken's comment was one borne out of frustration with a team that he has coached for awhile still making the same mistakes, even though it's a different group of players.

"I just believe in the group. I know people won't like that… (but) this is a better group," Hinkey said.

"It's not the same group. I got asked that question in a press conference, (and said) we're inconsistent, unreliable, not trustworthy.

"This is a different group altogether. They're learning, they're going to be a better team at some point. (But) there will be frustrations."

Ilias M

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2015
Port Adelaide, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Did you think the performance against the Bulldogs was good enough, did you? There were a lot of players like Lycett, Wines, Motlop and Ebert - senior players - who let us down with their games. If those three had the kind of intent for the ball that they displayed against Adelaide, we win against the Dogs.

Montgomery didn't call it out. He simply said that he hasn't been here long enough to know what has gone on before, and that the Bulldogs game really could have gone either way in horrible conditions. He wasn't here when we lost to Carlton and Brisbane in 2015, and Carlton in 2016. He wasn't here when we got smashed by Adelaide in 2017. He wasn't here when we fell from 11-4 to missing finals.

Ken's comment was one borne out of frustration with a team that he has coached for awhile still making the same mistakes, even though it's a different group of players.

"I just believe in the group. I know people won't like that… (but) this is a better group," Hinkey said.

"It's not the same group. I got asked that question in a press conference, (and said) we're inconsistent, unreliable, not trustworthy.

"This is a different group altogether. They're learning, they're going to be a better team at some point. (But) there will be frustrations."

“Ken's comment was one borne out of frustration” really?! Couldn’t get more unprofessional all ken has done his whole time at Port is blame players we changed players assistants and yet same old Hinkley inconsistencies remain.

gtrxuone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 20, 2014
W.A.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Black Ducks
You had to love Ken's body language and poker face after the Showdown. Didn't look happy or sad was just Ken.Although he did do his nanna V the Western Bulldogs .He threw his Cow zero can in the bin in the coaches box,quiet aggressively.

Power Girl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wow this thread is 2 pages long and the opposing point of view thread is over 300 pages long.

I’m guessing Port supporters aren’t all that enamoured with their senior coach

Wow this thread is 2 pages long and the opposing point of view thread is over 300 pages long.

Our coach is at the top of his game.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza

Some polite valedictory postings might push this one into a third page.

elee

All Australian
Jun 10, 2017
Darling Point, Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Leicester City FC
He is certainly creative in his ideas. The Sutcliffe inclusion with the Dixon exclusion was very divergent thinking.

i am thinking with all collective backs at the wall - they might reACT.

The ReACtiVe element will get Kern a win this weekend.

So - yeah - i am predicting a WIN against the Giants.,

Mr Experience

Southern Power fan
Apr 8, 2021
wat
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm not in love with him (sorry fellas I'm a ladies man as you can tell) but I think the players love him and I do love his work ethic and hope he succeeds at winning us a flag this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back