Opinion Ask Janus!

Remove this Banner Ad

Brilliant diagnosis Dr Janus. Once again you show how little you actually know while attempting to appear all knowledgeable.

Many people on the autism spectrum have impaired empathy. I'm sure they'll be happy to know that they are psychopaths.

Was thinking the same. Autism spectrum fairly common, psychopaths luckily not.

Stability equals success is a motto that will define KT & Koch's term, and also the lazy reactive mistake they made with re-signing Ken.
They have got cause and effect around the wrong way. We've had stability in coaches in the past because they were successful.

I know you have to have other qualities bitI Iquoted the first paragraph of your response to JimmyBeerCans and you said what you said and it is wrong.

I wasn't performing a clinical diagnosis with my statement. I was responding to someone claiming that if you are affected by what people say online, there's something wrong with you. Generally people with autism aren't going to spend their time on an online forum, whereas a psychopath would be attracted to the drama.

While only a clinical psychologist can establish whether you are a psychopath or not, if you want to take a test, here's one:

I scored a 4. Over 30 means you're a psychopath.

I wasn't performing a clinical diagnosis with my statement. I was responding to someone claiming that if you are affected by what people say online, there's something wrong with you. Generally people with autism aren't going to spend their time on an online forum, whereas a psychopath would be attracted to the drama.

While only a clinical psychologist can establish whether you are a psychopath or not, if you want to take a test, here's one:

Let me put your statement in a "sliding doors" context;

IF - you aren't affected by the emotions of others, regardless of the communication medium, you're the one who has the bigger problem.
THEN - It means you're a psychopath.

Spin away.

Just did it and scored 4 as well :eek:

View attachment 723426

IF - you aren't affected by the emotions of others, regardless of the communication medium, you're the one who has the bigger problem.

Spin away.

LOL. Okay, you got me. I can amend it to say 'you're either a psychopath or suffer from autism' if it means that much to you.

View attachment 723426

Spin away.
He back pedals like an Olympic champion. He hasn’t understood the idea of written text being harder to deny.

He back pedals like an Olympic champion. He hasn’t understood the idea of written text being harder to deny.
In most of the world, assuming other people won’t do the reading is a pretty safe bet

You can call it what you want - gallows humour, self-deprecation, whatever.

I call it a cop out from someone who wants to run with the foxes and the hounds. Predicting the team loses so you get the smug satisfaction of being right when it happens, coupled with the joy of an unexpected win that can be attributed to whatever the raison de jour is.

Unfortunately, that's what most of this forum is like now.

If you get enjoyment and 'life' from people acting that way and laughing at the club you all supposedly support, you are to be most pitied. We've got enough people making it hard for the team as it is. We don't need the weight of people who should be helping to elevate it pile on.

If you aren't affected by the emotions of others, regardless of the communication medium, you're the one who has the bigger problem. It means you're a psychopath. And I'm quite certain there's a few of them on here - all form of social media attract this personality type. Not heaps, but there's definitely one or two.

Psychopathic traits include a lack of empathy, guilt, conscience or remorse, with the requirement to experience intense emotional stimuli due to the fact that they have shallow experiences when it comes to regular emotions. Also displaying controlling behaviour - when they can't control a situation, say for instance if someone doesn't fall lock step into their own personal paradigm - they will always lash out.

Also, there's this. This statement is about politics, but you can apply it to the ideologies of football:

You can call it "a cop out from someone who wants to run with the foxes and the hounds." You can suggest that I should be pitied. I find it somewhat insulting to be honest.

If you think this current administration and coach are on the cusp of leading us into a Radiant Future then all power to you, but I can't suspend my disbelief any longer. I'm not the only one who thinks this because maybe there's some truth to it.

I tell you what, if there's a candidate for a psychopath on this forum, it's the one who always knows better than everybody else, goes away and returns with this enlightened view like John Lennon returned from Maharishi; only then to suggest others should be either pitied or they demonstrate psychopathic tendencies because they don't share the same drug-fuelled hallucinations.

I have in the past enjoyed your views and opinions regarding on-field strategy, but this constant doubling down reeks of a narcissistic personally and frankly every post since your great return has just been one wingbeat closer to the sun.

It's not pity, it's contempt and you can do better than this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More that I just don't care enough about it because it was a post about how the behaviour of people on this forum and how they bully others, not a clinical diagnosis on whether people actually are psychopaths or not.

More that I just don't care enough about it because it was a post about how the behaviour of people on this forum and how they bully others, not a clinical diagnosis on whether people actually are psychopaths or not.
Mate, you don't care enough about it but Pynchon would be envious of your wordiness regarding the subject.

Anyway hold on I'm taking the psychopath test, I'll keep you posted...

You can call it "a cop out from someone who wants to run with the foxes and the hounds." You can suggest that I should be pitied. I find it somewhat insulting to be honest.

If you think this current administration and coach are on the cusp of leading us into a Radiant Future then all power to you, but I can't suspend my disbelief any longer. I'm not the only one who thinks this because maybe there's some truth to it.

I tell you what, if there's a candidate for a psychopath on this forum, it's the one who always knows better than everybody else, goes away and returns with this enlightened view like John Lennon returned from Maharishi; only then to suggest others should be either pitied or they demonstrate psychopathic tendencies because they don't share the same drug-fuelled hallucinations.

I have in the past enjoyed your views and opinions regarding on-field strategy, but this constant doubling down reeks of a narcissistic personally and frankly every post since your great return has just been one wingbeat closer to the sun.

It's not pity, it's contempt and you can do better than this.

If I've sinned against you and wounded your soul, I apologise. I'm not doubling down on anything, and you're free to have whatever opinions you like. I've never said that people aren't allowed to criticise the club or the way that we play - I'm merely saying that if that things have gotten so bad that this is what brings you joy then it's a very sad situation.

I think that the List Management team is doing what it needs to do to ensure our success, and the Coaching and Administration are lagging behind them by about a year only because it takes time for players to develop. So whether the same coach is here next year or we bring in someone cheaper, the results will be exactly the same due to the coach having access to a decent list that isn't going to fall apart with no AFL quality key forwards or rucks to replace the incumbents - which is what happened when we lost Ryder for the year in 2016.

If we had to go through 2016 this year, it wouldn't be an issue. But getting that sort of quality takes time.

If I've sinned against you and wounded your soul, I apologise. I'm not doubling down on anything, and you're free to have whatever opinions you like. I've never said that people aren't allowed to criticise the club or the way that we play - I'm merely saying that if that things have gotten so bad that this is what brings you joy then it's a very sad situation.

I think that the List Management team is doing what it needs to do to ensure our success, and the Coaching and Administration are lagging behind them by about a year only because it takes time for players to develop. So whether the same coach is here next year or we bring in someone cheaper, the results will be exactly the same due to the coach having access to a decent list that isn't going to fall apart with no AFL quality key forwards or rucks to replace the incumbents - which is what happened when we lost Ryder for the year in 2016.

If we had to go through 2016 this year, it wouldn't be an issue. But getting that sort of quality takes time.
Where have we gone wrong since 2014 when we were on the cusp of premiership success?

Yeah nah my soul is fine but thanks for the patronising apology.

I scored a 4 as well!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back