Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There are no definitive stats on it, I wanted to compare notes.
I think you will find there are and also a high number of articles written about it but of course wouldn't suit your position.
The answer is no, I am not going to do it for you!

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
I think you will find there are and also a high number of articles written about it but of course wouldn't suit your position.
The answer is no, I am not going to do it for you!

Yes there are many articles on it, that's part of the reason why there's no definitive number.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
You are sick!

How is it sick to discuss serious issues within the Muslim community?

The other 'article' I posted wasn't even an article, it was testimony from an ex-muslim on the pressures on him to keep quiet about his non-belief.

How is it sick to discuss serious issues within the Muslim community?

The other 'article' I posted wasn't even an article, it was testimony from an ex-muslim on the pressures on him to keep quiet about his non-belief.
It was a testimony with only a first name. Anyone can write an article supposedly withholding the last name to protect the person discussed. Has happened before with the Murdoch media. Are you really that naive?

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
It was a testimony with only a first name. Anyone can write an article supposedly withholding the last name to protect the person discussed. Has happened before with the Murdoch media. Are you really that naive?

I'm not referring to that testimony, I posted one from another source as well. As I said there are plenty more where that came from. That's why there are ex-Muslim associations springing up around the world now, to try and protect people who can't leave their religion due to family pressure or fear of other attacks.

Are you not even aware of this phenomenon?

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
No its now confirmed Malice.

What are you on about?

Police have described Friday’s massacre as “a classic shooting rampage”, and not terrorism.

In a press conference in Munich on Saturday night AEST, authorities confirmed they had so far found no links to Islamic state and said the government did not appear to have any political motivation.

Munich prosecutors said the man had previously been in psychiatric care treated for depression. Investigators said they suspected the gunman was “deranged” at the time of the mass shooting.

Munich police chief Hubertus Andrae said the assault was a “classic act by a deranged person” and described an individual “obsessed” with mass shootings.

http://www.news.com.au/world/breaki...e/news-story/af86415a9641c5243e35ffd5844a9f6d

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
It's a FACT that a large percentage (compared with any other religion or demographic) of Islamists are extremist in their beliefs. T

Look at the list of acts of terrorism over the last decade. 100% have been committed by Muslims.

Anders Brevik was a Muslim?

And lol at you citing 'FACTS' and then resorting to a made up (and incorrect) statistic.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
How can you find that surprising. Happens all the time in Australia. Look at Xsess. Hes against immigration, and is married to an immigrant, and descended from one himself.

I don't find it surprising, I am from an immigrant family myself and I know that attitudes vary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
You're ignoring the facts. You need to remember that none of those murders were committed in the name of a cause (ie Islam or any other religion or cause). They were all one-off incidents committed by people who were either just bad or mentally ill. Do you not understand the difference? None of those incidents pose a thread to the future safety and integrity of our society.

Anders Brevik was just 'bad or mentally ill' and wasnt doing for a 'religion or cause'?

What are you smoking?

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Suicide? Car accidents? Stupid comparisons. And your belief that you are more likely to be killed by a king hit than an act of terrorism is just utter carp. Just Google the numbers of terrorism victims then Google the number of coward punch victims. You can't compare the two.

Why do you refuse to acknowledge the substantial risk that Islamic terrorism poses? I'm sure that your attitude would change in an instant if you or a loved one became a victim or a witness to an incident. If you don't care for the safety/welfare of yourself or your loved ones that's your problem. Just don't drag the rest of society down with you.
Feel free to google victims of terrorism in Australia compared to victims of coward punches. Or keep appealing to emotion over facts.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
We pretty much all are. Everywhere in the world. Depending on how far you want to go back.

Which makes any notions of 'you dont belong here' even more absurd.

But hey.

Yeah I don't subscribe to your open borders idea. Probably the kind of strategy that led to this recent attack in the first place.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Feel free to google victims of terrorism in Australia compared to victims of coward punches. Or keep appealing to emotion over facts.

Appealing to stats to compare two different items is dishonest imo, particularly with terrorism where the effect is intended to extend beyond the actual likelihood of an attack or of a fatality.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Anders Brevik was just 'bad or mentally ill' and wasnt doing for a 'religion or cause'?

What are you smoking?

Maybe it's them coffee-enemas...Their all the rage.

Appealing to stats to compare two different items is dishonest imo, particularly with terrorism where the effect is intended to extend beyond the actual likelihood of an attack or of a fatality.

Say what?

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
I thought we agreed he was anti immigration.

I think its an extreme stretch to blame the attack on immigration man.

He was just an angry young man with a fascination for mass killings. Its no different to any other school shooting/ mass shooting. A copy cat element looks to have played a part. I certainly dont ascribe any political motivation to it, and I dont call it an act of 'terrorism' in line with Islamist/ Far Right style stuff.

One minute the kid was yelling Allah Akubar, then next minute he was demonising refugees. He was just a messed up unit, not a 'terrorist'.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I think its an extreme stretch to blame the attack on immigration man.

I didn't blame it on any policy, I said opening borders it the kind of strategy that would've led to this, if he was anti-immigration, which you're saying he was.

One minute the kid was yelling Allah Akubar, then next minute he was demonising refugees. He was just a messed up unit, not a 'terrorist'.

Most terrorists are messed up, that doesn't mean there are no other elements . It's not an either/or option.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm

Podge does have a twisted view of things, and I don't mean that to be derogatory.... Best ignored, he's not part of any serious discussion on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back