Roast I'm sick and tired of losing

Remove this Banner Ad

King Sheezel

Debutant
Suspended
Mar 18, 2024
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes I am absolutely sick and tired of it.

I did write in the game day thread about focussing on the positives.

On reflection we are literally terrible.
We fold and give up far too easily, age excuses and it must stop.

Enough is enough.

I agree

And looking at our fixture ahead it's hard to see where the wins will come from.

The capitulation today told me more about where the teams at than the first qtr & 1/2.
Soft, unfit, mentally weak.

Would be lovely to not be in a horrible mood after every game, maybe I need to reassess my obsession with North and take a breather.

Who f***ing isn’t?

Even the most positive posters on here are sick and tired of losing.

This has been probably the hardest time to be a North Supporter ever given how bad we’ve been.

What are you going to do? Swap teams?

• Banned
Yes enoughs enough, this club talks so much about improvement but then goes and makes the same stupid mistakes, no excuses for todays ridiculous loss, these are the games they have to win ffs

Totally agree.

Results don't match anything we are being told

• Banned
Who f***ing isn’t?

This has been probably the hardest time to be a North Supporter ever given how bad we’ve been.

No I won't swap teams.

That's about a ridiculous assertion as is winning a game FFS

Who f***ing isn’t?

Start doing other things
Life is short

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I am absolutely sick and tired of it.

I did write in the game day thread about focussing on the positives.

On reflection we are literally terrible.
We fold and give up far too easily, age excuses and it must stop.

Enough is enough.
Poor you.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Everyone is tired but there is still some work to be done. You can't sit here complaining as if the current group is the problem - the majority of them have never carried a team before and the few that have are just hanging on. We'll win a few this year IMO, it's a tough start to the year and we are undermanned in some key areas.

I just want to see some clear progress
Something like

2024 - 4-6 wins
(Hawks, Eagles, Essendon, Richmond & a scalp win somewhere)

2025 - 6-9 wins
2026 - Midtable/sneaky finals chance
2027 - Finals contention
2028 - Top 4 contention

Then I want us to stay competitive/winning games similar to Sydney/Geelong for a long period of time.

Been following NMFC since 1978. The last 4 years has been the worst period as a NM fan I can recall. Going to games expecting 40+ point losses is wearing very very thin.
And seriously, anyone who thinks we won’t finish bottom 2-3 this year is kidding themselves.

I hate losing but we were put on this trajectory during the Scott era, failed to recruit and develop young players, then we circled the drain for 3 years with Shaw and Noble. There aren't any easy or quick fixes.

We had 7 players with 100+ games, Freo had 9. It isn't that big a gap, but who were our 100+ players? McDonald (182), Corr(141), Simpkin(135), Tucker (128), Stephenson (112), Fisher (109) and Zurhaar (101)

Fremantles had 9: Walters (224), Fyfe(220), Aish(165), O'Meara(165), Ryan(134), Brayshaw(125), Tabermer(121), Pearce(109), Hughes(103)

Then you have Serong who has played 82 games and Jackson on 77 and Clark on 81 who are playing good football and it was basically this group that strong-armed us in the end.

We just don't have enough consistent mature players and our system has been s**t for about a decade before Clarko got here so the longer someone has been here the less likely they were of stepping up. McDonald still makes the same rookie mistakes he made in his rookie year. There just hasn't been the elite level of system that has either forced people to step up or be shipped out.

I am confident we are taking strides to implement that now but I don't have much confidence in the players older than 21-23 outside of a few players, like Larkey. There is just too much variance between good and bad and that variance is felt more in the defensive element like pressuring, chasing and tackling. We can bring players in, but they have come from very different systems, so they might not gel with us or might take a while to.

Everyone is tired but there is still some work to be done. You can't sit here complaining as if the current group is the problem - the majority of them have never carried a team before and the few that have are just hanging on. We'll win a few this year IMO, it's a tough start to the year and we are undermanned in some key areas.

I agree with a lot of your post but results are utterly terrible whatever reasons or excuses are made.

Personally I'm over losing for whatever reason.....

I just want to see some clear progress
Something like

2024 - 4-6 wins
(Hawks, Eagles, Essendon, Richmond & a scalp win somewhere)

2025 - 6-9 wins
2026 - Midtable/sneaky finals chance
2027 - Finals contention
2028 - Top 4 contention

Then I want us to stay competitive/winning games similar to Sydney/Geelong for a long period of time.

4-6 wins means 18-20 losses.

This would represent progress and is probably accurate to where we are at.

We gonna see these threads every week?

We are 2 losses in, there is probably 16 or more still to come.

Buckle the f*** in the road is still bumpy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back