I'm sorry I ever doubted Rhylee West...

Remove this Banner Ad

Had faith for a while based on some of his early games but was worried he was just not going to get another go.

Very glad for him. Was probably galling having to wait so long but we’ve had a few guys like Dale, Hunter, Williams and even Weightman who have had to bide their time.

Feel like he's had the old fashioned Hawthorn development path.

Play as many games in the twos as it takes to get it all together, then bring it in the seniors.

IIRC, Tucky played 50+ in the 2nds and Dipper played around 90.

It works, doesn't it?
I thought he was terrific tonight.

Last edited:
sun GIF

OF

A

gun shoot GIF

One of the funniest cases of people exaggerating his shortcomings and a bunch of other people parroting it. He’s always had AFL level attributes and should have been regularly in our side last season and to start this year. Hopefully he stays.

He's an alpha male. An apex predator. You can't have too many of those in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a gem of a player he’s turning into now - I’ve always rated what he brings but his skills at the level have surprised. His vision is elite and he’s making a go of it as a genuine forward option too. He’s our Libba replacement in time no doubt about it

One of the funniest cases of people exaggerating his shortcomings and a bunch of other people parroting it. He’s always had AFL level attributes and should have been regularly in our side last season and to start this year. Hopefully he stays.
Exactly. The kid can, and always had been able to play, yet we persisted with low skill types over him.

Anyway, hopefully he's here to stay.

I had doubted Rhylee but this is his 4th year and appears to be having a break out season. It normally takes 3-4 years for a player to break through. Given there was limited VFL in 2019-2020 we shouldn’t be surprised that it took him a bit longer. COVID hasn’t helped many people in their careers.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do for the rest of the season.

Never doubted West. Was flabbergasted at some of the suggestions that he was a plodder with little skill or football nous.
Glad he's getting some consistency. Still worried he'll be dropped.
Think he's easily in our best team. Sad the coach hasn't agreed until recently.

Never doubted West. Was flabbergasted at some of the suggestions that he was a plodder with little skill or football nous.
Glad he's getting some consistency. Still worried he'll be dropped.
Think he's easily in our best team. Sad the coach hasn't agreed until recently.
Probably didn’t help when Scotty made a few public comments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back