I'm sorry I ever doubted Rhylee West...

Libbaaaa

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You surely don't really think Scott West getting on Twitter and criticising Bevo and using Schache as an example hurt Rhylee's chances of playing last year?

Rhylee has come on leaps and bounds this year and thoroughly deserves his spot in the team. Last year he was a fringe player at best.

Kudos to Rhylee - hard work pays off and it's a real testament to his character. 👍
Sorry I don't think it directly influenced the match committee, meant it just placed pressure on Rhylee.

hoianbulldog

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2006
Hoi An, Vietnam. I am off the grid.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
7 votes from the coaches.......

Screenshot_20220627-144717_Chrome.jpg

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
I will even kick it to Lipinskis advantage…. It won’t change who wins.
Depends upon what you mean by "wins" If you put it too far in Lipinski's favour, he'd have gathered it cleanly and dished it off before West got anywhere near him. West played an extraordinary game on Friday but he has to do that consistently before we get too carried away. Lipinski had it tougher, he is really a midfielder rather than a pressure small forward. I was sorry that he left.

Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Beveridge mentioned the other day in his presser, that he's not a natural in the way he covers the ground unlike his father who was naturally gifted like that. This makes a lot of sense as endurance was one of his weaknesses when he was drafted. That can take a bit of time and can explain why he wasn't getting a game in part.

Another thing I've been thinking about with the whole selfish thing. Perhaps the better way to describe West is that he would often try low percentage plays or try to kick low percentage goals. Perhaps selfish is not the right word. Either way he's a lot smarter now with ball in hand and it's terrific to see him play good footy.

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Beveridge mentioned the other day in his presser, that he's not a natural in the way he covers the ground unlike his father who was naturally gifted like that. This makes a lot of sense as endurance was one of his weaknesses when he was drafted. That can take a bit of time and can explain why he wasn't getting a game in part.

Another thing I've been thinking about with the whole selfish thing. Perhaps the better way to describe West is that he would often try low percentage plays or try to kick low percentage goals. Perhaps selfish is not the right word. Either way he's a lot smarter now with ball in hand and it's terrific to see him play good footy.

If you've gotta have a notable weakness when drafted, endurance is probably a good one, because you can develop endurance.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
Now that he I has found form I await the rumours to start soon.Rhylee West is out of contract and the Essendon football club are looking to offer him a new big contract and take him away from the Bulldogs
I can almost be assured Dodo will come for him. his dad followed the druggies when growing up and his dad is or was a bit disgruntled, if I were the Bombers, id go West more then Dunkley.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
The contested mark on the wing, play on and left foot pass to Naughton on the half time siren, showed a skill set I didn't think Westy had. Very very capable forward, generates shots at goal for himself and teammates. Weightman and West as the smalls with Naughts, Bruce and Jamarra could be some forward line. One live wire Kossie style small forward away from a complete forward line.
Maybe we have one of those specific kids going around in our reserves that was just drafted last year ;)

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams

1:10-ish - he's had a few of these now where he just rips the ball out of oppo hands with determination and strength.

Go back to his I think second game against Norf, he did that in the centre of the ground from know where, I love seeing him do that so much.

mattwa

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2007
wa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This bloke needs to shadow libba the next 2 years as he's next for that role. A shining light for us since he's come in

Naughton was a backman that turned forward, West was a mid now turned pressure forward, I think Jones could be a small zippy forward
He's played wing his entire career and run and carry is his forte.

Back