I'm Sorry Macca!!!! Will you forgive me?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's too early to tell on whether he'll succeed or not but the signs look really good at this stage. As I've stated previously, its only really fair to judge him after 2015, after he's had 4 years to teach his game plan and turnover the list sufficiently enough plus many of our good youngsters will have at least 40-50 games and another 2 preseasons behind them. I think we should be on the fringes of the top 8 (if not just in it) in 2015, and as such Ill judge him on whether this is achieved or not.

If his style succeeds, I believe we'll be one of the harder teams to beat in another 50 or so games. Once we have a little more polish and a big forward, we could see the bigger picture immediately.

I can see what he is trying to do. First up it was to win the footy - contested possessions. Many of us complained that while we were winning that stat, we were getting killed everywhere else on the game

The next stats being worked on are uncontested possessions and clearances. Its one thing to know how to beat your opponent to the footy, its another to be able to use it effectively. Once the team has improved these 2 (ball use in particular) then I can see the rest gelling with fine tuning across the backline and forward line.
Our centre is starting to mould with the obvious tip of the scales that Minson is a few years older and may not be around when Libba, Wallis, Macrae, Hrovat, Tutt etc are hitting their straps.

Still there is much work that needs to be done, especially on the tanks of the young pups. By the 20th min of the 3rd quarter they were running on empty. Once these boys are conditioned to run out games, just watch where they are.

IMO, Liberatore, Wallis, Macrae etc will be on the verge of a-grade/elite players. You can see it starting to happen with Liberatore and Wallis is a few steps behind him (yes they will have different roles)

I can see what he is trying to do. First up it was to win the footy - contested possessions. Many of us complained that while we were winning that stat, we were getting killed everywhere else on the game

The next stats being worked on are uncontested possessions and clearances. Its one thing to know how to beat your opponent to the footy, its another to be able to use it effectively. Once the team has improved these 2 (ball use in particular) then I can see the rest gelling with fine tuning across the backline and forward line.
Our centre is starting to mould with the obvious tip of the scales that Minson is a few years older and may not be around when Libba, Wallis, Macrae, Hrovat, Tutt etc are hitting their straps.

Still there is much work that needs to be done, especially on the tanks of the young pups. By the 20th min of the 3rd quarter they were running on empty. Once these boys are conditioned to run out games, just watch where they are.

IMO, Liberatore, Wallis, Macrae etc will be on the verge of a-grade/elite players. You can see it starting to happen with Liberatore and Wallis is a few steps behind him (yes they will have different roles)
Yep, it's not too hard to see that he's trying to focus on one facet at a time and eventually, when the side is experienced, combine it all.

Adding Matthew Stokes and Jesse White to the list at the end of the year would help fast track BMacs plans. Still think we are a few key players away from seeing the big picture.

Yep, it's not too hard to see that he's trying to focus on one facet at a time and eventually, when the side is experienced, combine it all.

Adding Matthew Stokes and Jesse White to the list at the end of the year would help fast track BMacs plans. Still think we are a few key players away from seeing the big picture.

yep.. I think it will take somewhere around 4-5 years (including the 2 that have passed) before we see the intended results.

We'll be competitive and improving but it will take a lot of hard work and effort to reach the levels required.

yep.. I think it will take somewhere around 4-5 years (including the 2 that have passed) before we see the intended results.

We'll be competitive and improving but it will take a lot of hard work and effort to reach the levels required.
Sounds about right. I have us finishing 7-9th in 2015 and gunning down a top 4 spot in 2016. I expect next year to be the same as this year win/loss wise, with perhaps another win or 2. Hopefully BMac is at the stage already(and it looks as though its going this way) that we receive less beltings. It will be extremely disappointing if next year we are losing to middle of the road sides like NM, Adelaide, Richmond, Carlton etc by 10 goals or more.

I like this thread but not because 'i told you so' kinda childish reason. Early days yet. I like it because it means even one, doubtful supporter tilted his head just so, to see things a little clearer. To step forward and actually focus on the individual trees. How they are growing, looking, leaning. The forest hasn't grown yet, so no point judging it with hard headed absolutes. Good to see a few others seeing the picture in similar light to my own.

The whole thing works as a machine, the Bmac needs the players, The players need to believe in Bmac, and both need to know that the army stands behind them, buying in to both players and Macca.
That's a lot of metaphors, TLU!
We should write to Guiness - could be a new record.:thumbsu:

I just wonder what happens if we have a really bad patch. Jump back off?

I can't speak for others, but I'm on board because I can see the development - not just because we're getting good results.

We're a young team, having a bad patch wouldn't exactly be a surprise. Happy to jump off the wagon if our play shows that we're not going anywhere as a team, but so far that's not the case.

We have a long way to go yet, but the signs are starting to look positive

Yep very well put - I wonder whether bulldoggrob will post another poll should we lose to the dees later in the year ! haha

I dont think you achieve all that much sacking a coach mid year. You get a spike in performance for a couple of weeks but generally (unless you are Paul Roos) it turns back to the way performances were.
I was one wanting to see how the rest of the year went and should we be in the same state we were mid year look around at what options there were - we certainly are not in that state now so no review needed.......unless we lost to the demons again ;-)

While its admission time .... I put $50 on us not winning more than 5 games in February.
A win this week or later in the year vs the dees has me lose my money - so hitting my hip pocket as well as my head given earlier season misgivings about our chances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 23 will give a good indication of our suddenly rapid improvement - Melbourne at Etihad.

I would think at Etihad against Melbourne we should really win comfortably based on the way we have gone the last few weeks. When we played them last we did not go about it right and only came good in the last 15 mins of the final term.

Try telling those doggies supporters who wanted him sacked after last year!

While its admission time .... I put $50 on us not winning more than 5 games in February.
A win this week or later in the year vs the dees has me lose my money - so hitting my hip pocket as well as my head given earlier season misgivings about our chances.

A bet any doggies fan (yourself included) would be happy for you to lose though? :)

Macca does not approve of No Patience

Brendan+McCartney+Richmond+v+Western+Bulldogs+OefVVOSDkl8l.jpg

Is it true that Macca signed a contract extension for two years?

Not that I've heard, All I know is he is out of contract at the end of next year

Is it true that Macca signed a contract extension for two years?

Would love this to be true. A few clubs with dubious coaches, might have a look at the quick rebuild Macca has done and the culture change he has brought to our club and throw some coin at him. Still I think the type of person Macca is he wouldn't leave until the job is done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back