I'm sorry

Remove this Banner Ad

If enough of us reply to your post, hopefully those who have you blocked will read these replies (assuming none of us are also blocked ha!). Cheers

Wasn't sure if they'd see it because i'm the thread owner. Guess we'll see. :)

I am sorry. I am sorry for forgetting how human these people are. I am sorry for forgetting that we are all here for the same reason and we should all consider ourselves a family.
My pledge from this point on is to not be fair weather. To not be consistently negative and angry at how many injuries we have or that we only won by x amount of points instead of by 10 goals. To never bag out and turn on our own - and that includes us here.
Love you all.
Wicksy
Interesting thread. Can't have all this harmonious bull dust going down though ...

There isn't much discussion if we all refrain from passionate observations. Yeah some posters go in too hard for me but easy to gloss over or ignore their posts. And there is the usual "positive" mob that can't help themselves but respond, often with insults. Harder to ignore them because generally they are otherwise reasonable, except when they feel their beloved is under attack. The latter, in my experience on this forum, are the first to question a "negative" poster's allegiances. The ones who are ignoring you are serial offenders.

We could become all but invincible as a club if we just stuck together in the tough times. Too often we turn on our own, and it serves no other purpose than to weaken our great club.

Don’t be a closet Carlton supporter!
For a fair portion of my life I blindly hoped my opinion, my shouting from the fence and everywhere else might make a difference. I am here to inform you it doesn't, like all other religious mumbo jumbo it is simply a trick of our mind to suggest we have some influence over fate/reality. Being self-critical does not suggest one is a closet Carlton supporter: quite the opposite, check out their board.

Dear Collingwood Bigfooty members,

I have just finished watching the documentary that aired tonight (Collingwood from the inside out) and I am feeling deep regret for the way I have acted towards the players and other forum members of this great club during the last few months.

From bagging out fringe players to some of the disgusting comments I condoned and made last week regarding one of our players and a potential injury he may have had.
I made an arse of myself and have no doubt ended up on many ignore lists - and rightly so.

I am sorry. I am sorry for forgetting how human these people are. I am sorry for forgetting that we are all here for the same reason and we should all consider ourselves a family.
My pledge from this point on is to not be fair weather. To not be consistently negative and angry at how many injuries we have or that we only won by x amount of points instead of by 10 goals. To never bag out and turn on our own - and that includes us here.

I love this club so God damn much.....Regardless of what happens on Friday night or for the rest of the season, let's get behind these boys.... We can make amends for the final game of last season. And if not, then that's ok too. We'll come back better and stronger in 2020.

Love you all.
Wicksy
This is good.

I probably think there are a few posters that are more inclined to be "realistic" based on their personalities, and there a few posters that are more inclined to be "optimistic" based on their personalities.

Therefore there will inevitably be disagreements about all things Collingwood, but how we communicate those differing opinions is important.

I personally haven't recognised anything malicious on your behalf, but it is great that you recognise that the way you communicate could upset someone, though not necessarily intended (and not that I thought you did).

Good on you for being more positive. I tried it when I had strongly disagreed with a few more "optimistic" posters a while ago and it by and large seems to have worked (except in the matchday threads hehe).

:)

i apologise to anyone who blocked me but I dont apologise to those that havent...

That's not how it was intended to read but I understand why it looks that way.
I'm not looking for likes or kudos and I certainly don't think i'm "brave" for posting this thread.
I also don't expect to be unblocked or for people who don't like me as a poster to backflip and treat me differently.

This was more about me acknowledging that i've been a little anti social over, I would say, the last 3-4 years. Culminating in my attack on JT last week which was completely uncalled for. The documentary really put things into perspective for me. These are just people... Living the best lives they can and trying their best. I don't want to be a keyboard warrior anymore. I don't want to rant and rave in the gameday thread. I don't want to be negative anymore.

If you see the thread as insincere, that's fine. I understand.

I'm not looking for likes or kudos and I certainly don't think i'm "brave" for posting this thread.
I also don't expect to be unblocked or for people who don't like me as a poster to backflip and treat me differently.

This was more about me acknowledging that i've been a little anti social over, I would say, the last 3-4 years. Culminating in my attack on JT last week which was completely uncalled for. The documentary really put things into perspective for me. These are just people... Living the best lives they can and trying their best. I don't want to be a keyboard warrior anymore. I don't want to rant and rave in the gameday thread. I don't want to be negative anymore.

I suspect Markfs was joking. He is rarely serious.

Dear Collingwood Bigfooty members,

I have just finished watching the documentary that aired tonight (Collingwood from the inside out) and I am feeling deep regret for the way I have acted towards the players and other forum members of this great club during the last few months.

From bagging out fringe players to some of the disgusting comments I condoned and made last week regarding one of our players and a potential injury he may have had.
I made an arse of myself and have no doubt ended up on many ignore lists - and rightly so.

I love this club so God damn much.....Regardless of what happens on Friday night or for the rest of the season, let's get behind these boys.... We can make amends for the final game of last season. And if not, then that's ok too. We'll come back better and stronger in 2020.

Love you all.
Wicksy

I did a Mea culpa on Brown a few weeks ago. Have generally not been a player critic, but this board occasionally sucks you in. My fault in the end of course.

I suspect Markfs was joking. He is rarely serious.

Haha ok.
Either way, I hope we can take this board back to the glory days (2008-2012). Was a much happier place. I need to play my part now.

insincere? of course not. actually, i do see the strong connection between the bravery that you've showed posting here, and the bravery Nathan Buckley showed in having to tell Blair that he was cut from the team. It's a toss up which is harder. i'm trying to work up the intestinal fortitude to anonymously email an old girlfriend of mine and apologise for the way i spoke to her... so I think the feeling is catching..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on you Wicksy, self-awareness and the ability to recognise when behaviour is over the top are admirable traits. Add to that the willingness to “own” it and do things differently from here on in - shows a level of maturity that can be lacking on both social media and in real life. Thank you for posting this :thumbsupemoji::handfist:

Go Pies!!

insincere? of course not. actually, i do see the strong connection between the bravery that you've showed posting here, and the bravery Nathan Buckley showed in having to tell Blair that he was cut from the team. It's a toss up which is harder. i'm trying to work up the intestinal fortitude to anonymously email an old girlfriend of mine and apologise for the way i spoke to her... so I think the feeling is catching..

Fair enough.

Fair enough.

Actually, I will get serious here for a second. You said something about having abused the players in the past and that you're going to stop that. Well that's great. Now try to persuade your mates around here to grow up a little and stop acting like 2 year olds when the team loses. Fortunately, most of the players are mature enough and balanced enough not to worry about things said in forums. However, if you get enough 2 year olds together making enough noise then the media starts to take notice and the pressure builds on some players.

Why people who are supposedly supporters would choose to put pressure on their own team is a complete mystery to me. Maybe you can tell me why you abused your own players.

Anyway, it's good that a sock has been put down the hole of one 2 year old.... there's probably dozens more that need to have their own epiphany.

Actually, I will get serious here for a second. You said something about having abused the players in the past and that you're going to stop that. Well that's great. Now try to persuade your mates around here to grow up a little and stop acting like 2 year olds when the team loses. Fortunately, most of the players are mature enough and balanced enough not to worry about things said in forums. However, if you get enough 2 year olds together making enough noise then the media starts to take notice and the pressure builds on some players.

Why people who are supposedly supporters would choose to put pressure on their own team is a complete mystery to me. Maybe you can tell me why you abused your own players.

Anyway, it's good that a sock has been put down the hole of one 2 year old.... there's probably dozens more that need to have their own epiphany.

That's harsh. Wicksy was courageous enough to apologise and admit he went too hard at the players. No need to further admonish, nor are we entitled to.

I really hope that the documentary is far more reaching then what we first accept it as.

I'm the same wicksy - have a layer of guilt on how I've acted these last few years but now seeing the big picture I really hope that this can drive a generational change towards the club and supporters and what we stand for. I'll admit most of the last few years post 2018 were focused on individually how I was being affected and not the wider club including players, supporters and administration.

I've a completely different outlook on the club and players after seeing the journey of Grundy, Treloar, Blairy, Buckley and the club in that doco. I really hope the group can tap into that cohesion and again start playing for each other and the club and showing us that footy that can win them a flag this season.

While I don't appreciate the condescension, I do realise that it's mostly warranted and is a good reminder that we don't all have to be best friends on here but communicating maturely should be the base line.

Maybe you can tell me why you abused your own players.

Mainly as a venting mechanism.
It was childish and sheepish and it's a good reason, i'd like to steer clear of the game day thread from this point on.

Just one more quick point.
Calling out posters as "2 year olds" is probably not a great line of communication on your behalf just like the screeching on the other end isn't/wasn't. Let's meet in the middle?

Watching the doco certainly made me feel sheepish about being highly critical of Blair in the past. Seeing him face up that exit interview was gut-wrenching. Clearly Blairy is a quality person, who loved footy and the club and got the best out of himself. Being part of a premiership and playing more than 150 games at the highest level is a hell of an achievement (especially on those stumpy little legs).

Watching the doco certainly made me feel sheepish about being highly critical of Blair in the past. Seeing him face up that exit interview was gut-wrenching. Clearly Blairy is a quality person, who loved footy and the club and got the best out of himself. Being part of a premiership and playing more than 150 games at the highest level is a hell of an achievement (especially on those stumpy little legs).

Out of a job just a few months after your child is born too.... This is what we don't see when we make jokes about Blair having photos of Bucks etc
Shattering stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back