I'm sorry

Remove this Banner Ad

While I don't appreciate the condescension, I do realise that it's mostly warranted and is a good reminder that we don't all have to be best friends on here but communicating maturely should be the base line.

Mainly as a venting mechanism.
It was childish and sheepish and it's a good reason, i'd like to steer clear of the game day thread from this point on.

Just one more quick point.
Calling out posters as "2 year olds" is probably not a great line of communication on your behalf just like the screeching on the other end isn't/wasn't. Let's meet in the middle?

when i started posting here I actually used to argue with people when they said sack everyone after games. Then I realised that I was never going to change anyone's opinion, so I stopped worrying about arguing the point. I post to express my views and to entertain myself.

My bottom line is that I want collingwood to win more premierships. I've only seen 2 in a long long long time. As can be seen from the recent doco, players play better if they are supported, not treated like s**t. I didnt need a doco to tell me that.

As for me calling you a 2 year old, I dont see that having a negative impact on the club, directly or indirectly. And I state this opinion rarely, I might have said something similar once in the last 10 years. After today, the moment will have passed and we can travel our separate ways.

when i started posting here I actually used to argue with people when they said sack everyone after games. Then I realised that I was never going to change anyone's opinion, so I stopped worrying about arguing the point. I post to express my views and to entertain myself.

My bottom line is that I want collingwood to win more premierships. I've only seen 2 in a long long long time. As can be seen from the recent doco, players play better if they are supported, not treated like s**t. I didnt need a doco to tell me that.

As for me calling you a 2 year old, I dont see that having a negative impact on the club, directly or indirectly. And I state this opinion rarely, I might have said something similar once in the last 10 years. After today, the moment will have passed and we can travel our separate ways.

It's disappointing that you feel like we need to but I understand.

I didnt need a doco to tell me that.

That's good. it was a circuit breaker for me and i'm not embarrassed by that.

It's disappointing that you feel like we need to but I understand.

That's good. it was a circuit breaker for me and i'm not embarrassed by that.

well i'm genuinely happy if the doco makes connections to the fans. From what I've seen of the players talking about the fans, I think the players genuinely love their support.... it's the small percentage who feel the need to "vent" that cause the problem.

It was very odd to be so happy about an injury especially considering:
1. We won the game that night
2. The player in question played well

but anyways, all in the past now and the player ended up avoiding injury

It was very odd to be so happy about an injury especially considering:
1. We won the game that night
2. The player in question played well

but anyways, all in the past now and the player ended up avoiding injury

I'd advise you don't attempt to attribute logic to it.

Actually, I will get serious here for a second. You said something about having abused the players in the past and that you're going to stop that. Well that's great. Now try to persuade your mates around here to grow up a little and stop acting like 2 year olds when the team loses. Fortunately, most of the players are mature enough and balanced enough not to worry about things said in forums. However, if you get enough 2 year olds together making enough noise then the media starts to take notice and the pressure builds on some players.

Why people who are supposedly supporters would choose to put pressure on their own team is a complete mystery to me. Maybe you can tell me why you abused your own players.

Anyway, it's good that a sock has been put down the hole of one 2 year old.... there's probably dozens more that need to have their own epiphany.
I liked you better when you were funny.

Heya Wicksy,

Sorry for this next message!

ottoman asked me to post it on his behalf (he is hosting his local chapter of 'Eligible Turkman').

Anyway it was short...

'Get <redacted> Wicksky you soft<partial.redaction>. You are one of my favourite posters but cut this <redacted redacted> out.'

Otto knows IF he apologised for all his insults, half-arsed thoughts about football, and pidgin grammar, he would crash the site.

Hugs xx
Half-arsed thoughts about football???

I said there was no way we would make the 4 this year. Tick
I said Corey Gault would be a gun. Tick
I said Kyle Martin would dominate the AFL. Tick
At the start of every season I predict that we will win the flag. Tick

I think I am probably the most astute football mind on this forum.
Why have you started posting again all of a sudden. It was so much better when you were gone.

Mid week hugs. xxx
Take care.

That's not how it was intended to read but I understand why it looks that way.
I'm not looking for likes or kudos and I certainly don't think i'm "brave" for posting this thread.
I also don't expect to be unblocked or for people who don't like me as a poster to backflip and treat me differently.

This was more about me acknowledging that i've been a little anti social over, I would say, the last 3-4 years. Culminating in my attack on JT last week which was completely uncalled for. The documentary really put things into perspective for me. These are just people... Living the best lives they can and trying their best. I don't want to be a keyboard warrior anymore. I don't want to rant and rave in the gameday thread. I don't want to be negative anymore.

If you see the thread as insincere, that's fine. I understand.

This attitude will carry you far in life. In the past i've found my anger and frustration on this forum is a direct comparison to where i am in my personal life. Footy can become an avenue to vent on players, medicos and coaches. During the first few years of Buckley's tenure I was extremely aggressive in my posts but it didn't serve anyone, let alone myself. Over the past few years i've found myself trying to be more objective in my commentary. This has allowed me to leave emotion out of the conversation. I've always found posters like Knightmare or SnoopDogg very insightful and I try to model them as much as I can.

I wish this apology could reach the people that have most likely blocked me - especially the ones who did so after last weekend - as it's mainly directed at them.

In no particular order:

jmac70
Aishole
Good_Old
Maggie5
TradeDraft

There's probably far more.
Does anyone know if i'm able to DM people who have blocked me? I imagine no.

I'd have to be a special kind of snowflake to have blocked you after our mild interaction the other week. No apology necessary.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. We cannot change what a person feels deep in side. We may change what they outwardly portray but we can not change the inner feeling. So no need to block posters here. Disagree by all means, but never take away their right to say how they feel.
I for one will never knock one of our own players. Ever!! but that's me. I will never block a poster for stating their true feelings. But that's just me.
I often feel that a player may have let themselves down during a match and I often feel disappointed by a players performance. I also feel players should be dropped over their performance. And I will say if a player has disappointed me, or if I think they should be dropped.
And remember, for a person to even make it on to an AFL list, they have already reached a mighty achievement in life.
I hope people stop bagging players and officials on this site, but I also respect their right to do so. That's all.

Actually, I will get serious here for a second. You said something about having abused the players in the past and that you're going to stop that. Well that's great. Now try to persuade your mates around here to grow up a little and stop acting like 2 year olds when the team loses. Fortunately, most of the players are mature enough and balanced enough not to worry about things said in forums. However, if you get enough 2 year olds together making enough noise then the media starts to take notice and the pressure builds on some players.

Why people who are supposedly supporters would choose to put pressure on their own team is a complete mystery to me. Maybe you can tell me why you abused your own players.

Anyway, it's good that a sock has been put down the hole of one 2 year old.... there's probably dozens more that need to have their own epiphany.
Damn mate. If you’re going to be that brutal it’s probably best to stick with your typical facetious posts.

I'd have to be a special kind of snowflake to have blocked you after our mild interaction the other week. No apology necessary.

Good to hear mate

Damn mate. If you’re going to be that brutal it’s probably best to stick with your typical facetious posts.

maybe I should just start dumping on players.... I suppose they have the sense to come here and read that stuff... well i hope so at least.

actually i probably will go back to posting about the usual stuff. i gave up a long time ago giving my opinion about people who trash players. There's too many who do it and it's a waste of time even posting on it. This might be the first time in 5 or 6 years that I've said something about it.

facetious? wowsies... wait until i drag out the dictionary. treating serious issues with inappropriate humour? lol I can tell you that a lot of times, I find it hard to work out whether people are serious, especially when they're venting. And then I have to worry about whether they're teenagers and i try to cut them a break. So if Wicky is 19, sorry i didnt know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. We cannot change what a person feels deep in side. We may change what they outwardly portray but we can not change the inner feeling. So no need to block posters here. Disagree by all means, but never take away their right to say how they feel.
I for one will never knock one of our own players. Ever!! but that's me. I will never block a poster for stating their true feelings. But that's just me.
I often feel that a player may have let themselves down during a match and I often feel disappointed by a players performance. I also feel players should be dropped over their performance. And I will say if a player has disappointed me, or if I think they should be dropped.
And remember, for a person to even make it on to an AFL list, they have already reached a mighty achievement in life.
I hope people stop bagging players and officials on this site, but I also respect their right to do so. That's all.

thats a well balanced opinion. i must admit that I cant see the advantage of blocking someone. It must be a sign of the times...re: democrats and republicans in the USA. People like to hear the opinions of the people who have the same opinion as themselves.

maybe I should just start dumping on players.... I suppose they have the sense to come here and read that stuff... well i hope so at least.

actually i probably will go back to posting about the usual stuff. i gave up a long time ago giving my opinion about people who trash players. There's too many who do it and it's a waste of time even posting on it. This might be the first time in 5 or 6 years that I've said something about it.

facetious? wowsies... wait until i drag out the dictionary. treating serious issues with inappropriate humour? lol I can tell you that a lot of times, I find it hard to work out whether people are serious, especially when they're venting. And then I have to worry about whether they're teenagers and i try to cut them a break. So if Wicky is 19, sorry i didnt know.

Who hurt you? :p

Dear Collingwood Bigfooty members,

I have just finished watching the documentary that aired tonight (Collingwood from the inside out) and I am feeling deep regret for the way I have acted towards the players and other forum members of this great club during the last few months.

From bagging out fringe players to some of the disgusting comments I condoned and made last week regarding one of our players and a potential injury he may have had.
I made an arse of myself and have no doubt ended up on many ignore lists - and rightly so.

I am sorry. I am sorry for forgetting how human these people are. I am sorry for forgetting that we are all here for the same reason and we should all consider ourselves a family.
My pledge from this point on is to not be fair weather. To not be consistently negative and angry at how many injuries we have or that we only won by x amount of points instead of by 10 goals. To never bag out and turn on our own - and that includes us here.

I love this club so God damn much.....Regardless of what happens on Friday night or for the rest of the season, let's get behind these boys.... We can make amends for the final game of last season. And if not, then that's ok too. We'll come back better and stronger in 2020.

Love you all.
Wicksy
We all get frustrated mate, bloody injury after injury for how many years now? It's hard to keep a level head all the time, great post BTW.

You'd think that someone concerned that players not be subjected to abuse and harsh criticism would feel the same way about a poster who has had the balls to apologise for his previous attitude to player critiques. Markfs definitely needs to stick to his offbeat humorous posts because his serious posts suggest that he can be a bit of a campaigner towards fellow posters.

Dear Collingwood Bigfooty members,

I have just finished watching the documentary that aired tonight (Collingwood from the inside out) and I am feeling deep regret for the way I have acted towards the players and other forum members of this great club during the last few months.

From bagging out fringe players to some of the disgusting comments I condoned and made last week regarding one of our players and a potential injury he may have had.
I made an arse of myself and have no doubt ended up on many ignore lists - and rightly so.

I am sorry. I am sorry for forgetting how human these people are. I am sorry for forgetting that we are all here for the same reason and we should all consider ourselves a family.
My pledge from this point on is to not be fair weather. To not be consistently negative and angry at how many injuries we have or that we only won by x amount of points instead of by 10 goals. To never bag out and turn on our own - and that includes us here.

I love this club so God damn much.....Regardless of what happens on Friday night or for the rest of the season, let's get behind these boys.... We can make amends for the final game of last season. And if not, then that's ok too. We'll come back better and stronger in 2020.

Love you all.
Wicksy
wicksy Hey in a perfect world we would all be perfect!
I am yet to see a perfect poster on this site.
Just keep on posting and support our great passion for Collingwood.

Interesting thread. Can't have all this harmonious bull dust going down though ...

There isn't much discussion if we all refrain from passionate observations. Yeah some posters go in too hard for me but easy to gloss over or ignore their posts. And there is the usual "positive" mob that can't help themselves but respond, often with insults. Harder to ignore them because generally they are otherwise reasonable, except when they feel their beloved is under attack. The latter, in my experience on this forum, are the first to question a "negative" poster's allegiances. The ones who are ignoring you are serial offenders.

For a fair portion of my life I blindly hoped my opinion, my shouting from the fence and everywhere else might make a difference. I am here to inform you it doesn't, like all other religious mumbo jumbo it is simply a trick of our mind to suggest we have some influence over fate/reality. Being self-critical does not suggest one is a closet Carlton supporter: quite the opposite, check out their board.
I wasn’t questioning the place of self criticism, in fact without it and holding people to account we go nowhere.

What I do reject is blind negativity, comment without rhyme or reason. Uninformed posters just regurgitating the short-cited drivel published in the media. It is this rhetoric that dominated conversation, look back through the threads....The board was rife with Carlton supporters.

You are absolutely wrong if you think that our collective voice can’t have an impact. I would hate to think what all that negativity did to the players and the coaches who’s sole purpose every day was to deliver their best.

By reading the articles and by regurgitating the headline grabbing uninformed crap, all you did was fan the fire of the haters. Shame on you.

The thing that did surprise me was the way Blair was cut. It seemed fairly casual and direct by Bucks. Obviously must be a difficult conversation, however, it happened quickly and was straight to the point.

No mean feat playing 157 games and a premiership. The way Blair didn’t sulk and put in 110% in the VFL was admirable.

Also, after watching the interaction between Bucks and Grundy when we won the preliminary suggests to me that grundy is a Pie for life!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back